Tiger,, finish the playing year and walk away?

Popeye

Reaction score
Handicap
With nothing left to prove other than catching Jack.. do you finish the season and walk into the sunset? On Top??

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Not a chance.

I challenge your premise ... you are assuming he think's he has nothing to prove. Are you Tiger? Do you know his mind?

C'mon...

I challenge your premise ... you are assuming he think's he has nothing to prove. Are you Tiger? Do you know his mind?

C'mon...
Certainly not and that's foolish to think I would know anything about who he is.

With the physical gauntlet he has been through along with the emotional rollercoaster to me it would be very conceivable to see him walk away while he is still relatively healthy. The grind could easily injure any number of his past repairs.

Not a chance while he is healthy. Nothing in life can give Tiger the high of winning a Major.

With nothing left to prove other than catching Jack.. do you finish the season and walk into the sunset? On Top??

Not a chance. Too much reason to continue. He'll be playing as long as he still can walk.

What!? Now that he has his 15th major he is smelling blood. Look for him to do well on the rest of the majors.

No. He is healthy and playing well, he doesn't quit.

So then why are we ok when our other favorite sports athletes after being torn up and put back together hang it up when seemingly healthy.
As in Football recently Rob Gronkowski walked away and no one was surprised. He just had a great season and won a Super bowl. Comparatively he and Tiger have been through similar injuries and surgeries which continued to hinder both of their careers. Yes they play wildly different sports yet their injuries were very similar.

Why wouldnt we have the same thought process of his walking away?

As long as he’s healthy and can compete, no bloody way. TIGER BABY!

No way. As long as he is healty enough to play, he keeps chasing the Majors record. If he reaches 19 then he may consider it but I wouldn't even put money on that. Dude is driven to win as many Majors as possible whlie he is still healthy enough to play.

If I was him I would think about it. He has some major wear and tear on the body. I don't think he'd consider it though.

Dave

No way...Tiger is Tiger. He may not admit it but he wants Jack’s record. He will continue as long as he feels he’s competitive.

No way Tiger walks away. He’s changed his game to suit his body and it’s working out just fine! He’s got real chance to win week in week out against strong competition. In fact, the competition may be stronger now then when Tiger was his most dominant.

Absolutely not. In his pre-masters interviews he said he had nothing to prove and didn't need to win another major, but he wanted to. His desire to compete and be the best is deeper than wanting to walk out on top.

No way Tiger walks away. He’s changed his game to suit his body and it’s working out just fine! He’s got real chance to win week in week out against strong competition. In fact, the competition may be stronger now then when Tiger was his most dominant.
I think that is certainly true. The depth of the competition might be as good as it has ever been in the game.

So then why are we ok when our other favorite sports athletes after being torn up and put back together hang it up when seemingly healthy.
As in Football recently Rob Gronkowski walked away and no one was surprised. He just had a great season and won a Super bowl. Comparatively he and Tiger have been through similar injuries and surgeries which continued to hinder both of their careers. Yes they play wildly different sports yet their injuries were very similar.

Football and everything else are totally different stories. Most football players just want to quit while their brain and body are still ok for the rest of their life. Every other sport players generally play till they just can't anymore. If you play football till you can't anymore, you're liable to get your brains literally beat in.

Football is a team sport. Fans don’t want guys to leave it it will hurt the team. Golf is an individual sport. No team mates relying on you to stay in there.

I hope not. He's got an awful lot he can still give to this wonderful game. In so many different ways.

He's still playing at too high of a level to quit

Nah, he’s going to keep going - he missed the game the last few years - and has the hunger again

Tiger isn't going anywhere as long as he remains healthy and in his current state of mind. According to what Tiger has said and what we all can see, he's enjoying the game more than ever. He loves being around the other players. He's formed friendships like he's never had before. He feels like he has a new lease on life. He wasn't sure he'd ever be able to play competitively again--much less at this high level. So he appreciates and relishes where he is at and what he is able to do. By all accounts, Tiger is in a very good place and enjoying his life.

i would be very disappointed if he did

Not even close. He proved he can play at an elite level and win over maybe the most competitive field in golf. Go win, baby!

I don't think he would go through everything he did to get back to this level to then just walk away. He is now 3 away from catching Jack, and even if he won the grand slam this year, I have no doubt he would want to pass him next year.

As long as his injuries don't flare up again he should have several years of peak performance left. And even though he was pretty steely eyed today, he sure seems to be having fun, so why quit now?

Back