Playing W/ THPers - It's Just That Much Better

Got a round in with MizunoFan99 and Emart today. Quite a bit of RR talk was done. A good day n the course.

Felt good to get out with you guys. Always enjoy rounds with THPers.

Got a round in with 10 other THPers today. Crazy how many guys we can get together on short notice. Love it, even when playing like crap haha.

I've had good fun the times I've played with THP'ers, but I can't honestly say that it's better than it is with other friends and acquaintances. I've been playing since long before there was a THP, so to ignore the guys I played with then would be doing a disservice to them. I find that real golfers are great to play with no matter where I find them. I've played with total beginners several times, and I've played with a 91 year old man who had one of the prettiest swings I've ever seen. I played with a former LPGA tour player, with a Colorado Congressman and with a 12 year old junior who kicked my butt. I've played with all levels of amateurs, and with several club pros, and I had a good time with all of them.

I just love playing with people who like golf, and who are good folks to spend time with (and THP is loaded with those people). That's where it's at for me, and it doesn't really matter where or how I hook up with them.

THP Events are a bit different...There is nothing like them anywhere in the world.

Got a round in with MizunoFan99 and Emart today. Quite a bit of RR talk was done. A good day n the course.

It was fun , as expected! Thanks for the invitation!

I've had good fun the times I've played with THP'ers, but I can't honestly say that it's better than it is with other friends and acquaintances. I've been playing since long before there was a THP, so to ignore the guys I played with then would be doing a disservice to them. I find that real golfers are great to play with no matter where I find them. I've played with total beginners several times, and I've played with a 91 year old man who had one of the prettiest swings I've ever seen. I played with a former LPGA tour player, with a Colorado Congressman and with a 12 year old junior who kicked my butt. I've played with all levels of amateurs, and with several club pros, and I had a good time with all of them.

I just love playing with people who like golf, and who are good folks to spend time with (and THP is loaded with those people). That's where it's at for me, and it doesn't really matter where or how I hook up with them.

I don't think anyone or anywhere has it been said that thou shall ignore your friends or other playing partners. Or the only way to enjoy golf is with people from THP.

I don't think anyone or anywhere has it been said that thou shall ignore your friends or other playing partners. Or the only way to enjoy golf is with people from THP.

Have your friends join THP.

#problemsolver

And I'm playing with 3 THP'ers today.....that much better!

I got the pleasure of playing a round at a new course with a new THP member, morgan1819. Definitely was a fun round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the pleasure of playing a round at a new course with a new THP member, morgan1819. Definitely was a fun round.

That's awesome. Love seeing new THPers jumping in.

Great day of golf yesterday with THP'ers!

Lots of smiles and laughs

That's awesome. Love seeing new THPers jumping in.

I definitely love seeing the Michigan group grow and finally start moving out to my neck of the woods!

Played 9 holes today with GregDan which is my first time playing with a THPer and had a great time. I'm a newbie and had several blow up holes but he never made me feel like I didn't belong or wasn't good enough.

I'm really looking forward to playing with him and any other THPers in the future!

I had a great time and I'm looking forward to playing some more this year. We'll get you to some outings and events to meet some other guys and you'll fit right in.

Glad you jumped right in. Hope you got out to the golf show and found yourself some deals.

Trying to recruit a few golf buddies to THP so that I can play with some THPers! I am giving them THP epoch tees and telling them I will start talking about them here: they may need to join for rebuttals. :)

I don't see why you took my comment as a negative against THP. I just don't happen see how THP is better than what I had before they came along - THP is great, and I enjoy playing with all of the guys I've met here, but for me, it isn't any better than other aspects of my golfing life.

I play in a 250 member tournament men's club that I enjoy enough to drive 150 miles one way to play each competition that I enter. Except for the 3 years that I lived out of the country, I've played in that club since 1989. For me that's as good as golf gets. I thrive on the competition, played under the Rules of Golf (all of the rules not just the ones we like), and the camaraderie that comes from competing with these guys over the years. I've made lifelong friends on the golf course, but unfortunately, so far no close friends have come through THP.

I don't see why you took my comment as a negative against THP. I just don't happen see how THP is better than what I had before they came along - THP is great, and I enjoy playing with all of the guys I've met here, but for me, it isn't any better than other aspects of my golfing life.

I play in a 250 member tournament men's club that I enjoy enough to drive 150 miles one way to play each competition that I enter. Except for the 3 years that I lived out of the country, I've played in that club since 1989. For me that's as good as golf gets. I thrive on the competition, played under the Rules of Golf (all of the rules not just the ones we like), and the camaraderie that comes from competing with these guys over the years. I've made lifelong friends on the golf course, but unfortunately, so far no close friends have come through THP.

Cause it came off as a negative to me is why. But I'm happy you enjoy playing the game with the people you enjoy playing it with.

Had a blast on the course yesterday with TMGulby (Justin). We both shot our best scores for 2016 so far and looking forward to more.
TMGulby puts a hurting on the ball with his driver and will be deadly once he develops his short game.

Had a blast on the course yesterday with TMGulby (Justin). We both shot our best scores for 2016 so far and looking forward to more.
TMGulby puts a hurting on the ball with his driver and will be deadly once he develops his short game.
How did you play brother?

How did you play brother?
36/40 76. I was 1-under through 12 and got excited leading to a rough finish lol. The game is there though, just need to work on my mental state under pressure

36/40 76. I was 1-under through 12 and got excited leading to a rough finish lol. The game is there though, just need to work on my mental state under pressure
Solid! The swing is looking great based on what I saw!

Enjoyed getting to witness the greatness of Army, and the potential of where my game could get to if I put a bit more time into it.

Wouldn't have it another way, way nicer than getting out there with strangers!

Had a good time today with two THPers Shakey and dwchockey.

Had a good time today with two THPers Shakey and dwchockey.

It was a fun round. Thanks for the hospitality.

It's been too long since I've teed it up with THPers. I had gotten used to getting my first event in by January or February.

Isn't having fun playing with THPers like the 11th commandment???

It's been too long since I've teed it up with THPers. I had gotten used to getting my first event in by January or February.
I agree, I got one round in with MSemann777 two weeks ago and it had been almost five months since a round with THP'er before that. May have one coming up Friday morning, if the schedule holds.

Back