THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Played 9 this afternoon with the work league. Didn't play great, but the pace was brutally slow, as were the greens. Hit some good shots, including a draw 7i around a tree that hit the pin on a par 5 (playing the whites). The ball ricocheted about 20 feet from the pin and we couldn't convert the eagle, but did make the bird. Our group ended up -2. Could have been better, but for the first round of the year for 2 folks, and another who was jet lagged from just getting back from India on Saturday, it wasn't bad.

766c16b7a0f92291f3e6d44c64241b10.jpg
4e908f8adc4fb08f55099a9854c92a29.jpg
2e317495d4f3948fbbba10dec992d3da.jpg

Talked about this last night briefly amongst other subjects with a friend. My focus is on getting my game into form and building the consistency I had in the middle of last season. My focus is on getting the ball in the hole in the fewest strokes possible and not worrying about making the prettiest or perfect swing which is something I got into near the end if the year and over winter break.

im looking forward to seeing the team pairings and the matchups for the the first round. Excited to get to the meet and greet and see everyone.

Hope to be getting out onto the course for 9 this afternoon. Too cold this morning for the start of my morning sessions, but that should start in earnest in a week or so. Going to touch base again with this instructor and see if we can't schedule our first lesson too.

Definitely will get some short game practice in this afternoon. Mostly chipping, and some work with the A wedge.

Figuring out my full swing in my garage range set up. Caught a nasty case of the shanks yesterday and lost all feel for my swing. Couldn't get the ball more than six inches off the ground. Was probably just tired.

Figuring out my full swing in my garage range set up. Caught a nasty case of the shanks yesterday and lost all feel for my swing. Couldn't get the ball more than six inches off the ground. Was probably just tired.

Yikes! Does hitting into the net normally help fix problems for you? I've always found that I (personal preference) like seeing the full ball flight to diagnose a problem.

Yikes! Does hitting into the net normally help fix problems for you? I've always found that I (personal preference) like seeing the full ball flight to diagnose a problem.

I'll hit into a net all winter if there is snow on the ground or the ranges are closed. I would prefer to hit balls outside, but at 9:00pm with some music going, I can hit balls into a net for an hour. Once spring hits, I take the net down. I video my swing too. Yes, you can't see ball flight, but you know when you hit the sweet spot. I have a few balls that will leave a mark on the face, and I will hit those until they crack. It's cheaper than tape.:act-up: Works for me.

Put a new grip on the Scepter yesterday. MCC +4. I don't expect miracles but it feels good. I'm also looking into getting a small putting green to solidify my stroke when I have time for nothing else.

I just noticed something... All you Carolina guys. Your logo has omitted the Outer Banks. You've completely left off a whole portion of one of your states. A golf heavy portion too. That's bad attention to detail...

But that's okay. I, and all of southern Virginia, will hereby adopt the Outer Banks. They now belong to DMV.

...that's right: ALL YOUR LIGHTHOUSE ARE BELONG TO US. I may put one on our flag.

I just noticed something... All you Carolina guys. Your logo has omitted the Outer Banks. You've completely left off a whole portion of one of your states. A golf heavy portion too. That's bad attention to detail...

But that's okay. I, and all of southern Virginia, will hereby adopt the Outer Banks. They now belong to DMV.

...that's right: ALL YOUR LIGHTHOUSE ARE BELONG TO US. I may put one on our flag.

Thats the best part of the state, well Wilmington is pretty good too. I now want to go to the beach thanks.

HA! That's where I will be when you guys are playing the RR ... playing golf in the OBX, fishing, and enjoying time with the family.

HA! That's where I will be when you guys are playing the RR ... playing golf in the OBX, fishing, and enjoying time with the family.

HA!! Me too.

(But I'll be doing all of that better cuz...Carolinas!)

You try telling the OBXers that....but they're kinda like Texas, or Puerto Rico. They're only TECHNICALLY part of NC. Mostly they belong to the beach. They are kind enough to let some of us stay there occasionally.

You try telling the OBXers that....but they're kinda like Texas, or Puerto Rico. They're only TECHNICALLY part of NC. Mostly they belong to the beach. They are kind enough to let some of us stay there occasionally.

You don't want them we'll take them. Lighthouses, ferries, stubby shaggy horses, bad mini golf statues of Black Beard... and BBQ.

You don't want them we'll take them. Lighthouses, ferries, stubby shaggy horses, bad mini golf statues of Black Beard... and BBQ.

I didn't say that. You can't have them. You get virginia beach. :alien:

Despite the cold, I forced myself to get out this morning for a round to see if what I've been working on has taken hold.

Rather than the more local 9 hole course, I decided to go to a slightly longer and more difficult 18 hole track a few minutes further away. I played there last Friday, but didn't fare very well.

Today was a much different story. I opened with a double bogey after being rushed out and then went +2 over the next 7 holes. My 9th hole was a disaster after a bad kick and I shot 43 on the front side (which is a really good score for me).

The back side was even better. I had 3 bogeys and a birdie with a bunch of pars thrown in and posted a 38 on the back for a total score of 81.

The +9 total is a new personal best by 2 strokes. If I could just keep this feeling and carry it over to some of my tournament play, I'd be ecstatic!

Stats

Fairways - 7 of 13
Greens - 7 of 18
Up & Downs - 6 of 8
Putts - 30

Despite the cold, I forced myself to get out this morning for a round to see if what I've been working on has taken hold.

Rather than the more local 9 hole course, I decided to go to a slightly longer and more difficult 18 hole track a few minutes further away. I played there last Friday, but didn't fare very well.

Today was a much different story. I opened with a double bogey after being rushed out and then went +2 over the next 7 holes. My 9th hole was a disaster after a bad kick and I shot 43 on the front side (which is a really good score for me).

The back side was even better. I had 3 bogeys and a birdie with a bunch of pars thrown in and posted a 38 on the back for a total score of 81.

The +9 total is a new personal best by 2 strokes. If I could just keep this feeling and carry it over to some of my tournament play, I'd be ecstatic!

Stats

Fairways - 7 of 13
Greens - 7 of 18
Up & Downs - 6 of 8
Putts - 30

Yeah I was watching on the live round thread. As a THPer...congratulations, that's impressive.

as a DMV'er.... Stop it

Yeah I was watching on the live round thread. As a THPer...congratulations, that's impressive.

as a DMV'er.... Stop it
LOL - I hear ya! We're all working equally hard, so it'll be a level playing field on July 9th!

Sent From My Samsung Note 4 Using Tapatalk

Stats

Fairways - 7 of 13
Greens - 7 of 18
Up & Downs - 6 of 8
Putts - 30

Great playing and really good scrambling. Keep it up.

I got out again today during my lunch break and worked on chipping and putting. I am getting some feel back in the short game and I know that the work with the putter will pay off in the long run.

As far as the OBX goes, we will definitely claim them. My friends who are from there want nothing to do with VA, that much I promise you. :bashful:

Got in a range session after work for about 45 mins. Wasn't disappointed but wasn't as happy as I was hoping I would be but it's ok. Another range session on Thur.

Got in a range session after work for about 45 mins. Wasn't disappointed but wasn't as happy as I was hoping I would be but it's ok. Another range session on Thur.
With your swing, just keep up the work as I think you're really close to playing some great golf!

With your swing, just keep up the work as I think you're really close to playing some great golf!

Thanks. Today was to work on some changes to takeaway based on my lesson last week. Results early were good then fell I to some bad habits and had to slowdown again

So I suffered thru some more panicking then finally got my swing back. Turns out I was separating my arms to much and setting up with an open club face. I hate it when I just completely loose my swing. It's such a helpless feeling. Off to the course tomorrow and get back to business prepping for July.

Back