Glove or no glove chipping/pitching???

The glove comes off on shots 50 yards and in. I practice around the house without a glove so it just feels like I have more control.

Pretty interesting mix here.

I will typically take it off for any shot inside about 40 yards... unless it's raining. Then I tend to keep my glove(s) on all the time.

If it's hot and/or humid out... I'll try to take off my glove between every shot and use it as little as possible. I don't like sweaty hands... and I especially don't like the inside of sweaty gloves.

No glove for me on chipping and pitching.

JM

I must admit, I am one of those guys that has tan line hand syndrome, the glove never comes off, even for putting. But then again, I play alone quite a bit and usually never even bother pulling the pin either.

You can copy and paste this response for me.

No glove for me on anything that's not a full swing. I've always been that way, can't really say if I gain any advantage from it or not to be honest.

I take my glove off any time I am inside 100 yards

I tend not to use a glove ever since I switched to the Lamkin Iline grips. With that said I always took my glove of for any partial shots.

No glove. I've started hitting some full shots without a glove and like the feel. Not sure I'll be able to keep it up once the heat and humidity are in full swing.

I don't wear a glove when pitching or chipping from approx. 50 yards and in. It just "feels' better without. Wondering if anybody else does this?
I generally leave my glove on from the time I tee off on 1 until I putt out on 18. I will take it off at various times during the round, but I take all of my shots with it on. (Unless, for whatever reason, I decide to play without the glove that day)

Off for chip shots, on for pitch shots.

If im less than a full PW (135yd) and in, ill pull the glove. I like the feel better. Most likely because i chip tons of balls in my front yard without a glove. Id look like a/more of a douche with a grip on in the front yard.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Wow. Lots of full-time glovers. I thought I'd be in a very small minority. Humorously, I, for many years, never used a glove at all. A couple of seasons ago, I started, and removed it for putting. My brother would leave his on for everything including putting, and when I asked him why one day, he said because he didn't notice any real big benefit to take it off. I guess that's my main reason as well. I don't have the minute feel of a low-capper, so I just leave it on.

I go glove because I tend to not squeeze to hard when I have one on. Keeping that left hand relaxed is huge for me.

Wow. Lots of full-time glovers. I thought I'd be in a very small minority. Humorously, I, for many years, never used a glove at all. A couple of seasons ago, I started, and removed it for putting. My brother would leave his on for everything including putting, and when I asked him why one day, he said because he didn't notice any real big benefit to take it off. I guess that's my main reason as well. I don't have the minute feel of a low-capper, so I just leave it on.

This guy left it on for putting, and he was a pretty fair clutch putter who didn't seem to have any "feel" issues people talk about when putting with a glove on.

article-0-1CE3B67A00000578-280_470x699.jpg

^^ "He" doesn't have issues doesn't mean anything for the mortals.

I go gloveless for all shots, weather permitting.

Glove off for putting and green side chips. That's all. Glove on for all other shots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most times I take it off for chipping and putting but it's not that hard and fast for me, I have been known the leave it on at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always kept it on for chipping and take it off for putting...it's a mental/feel thing for me.

I take my glove off around the green and for putting.

Glove is on 99% of the time for everything but putting. Occasionally I'll have it off for a chip but most of the times I only take it off for putting. If I stick one close and I'm just tapping in then I don't remove it.

I always use a glove while chipping. Let's me grip it a bit lighter.

If i need power the glove stays on, like having to carry a hazard. If I need touch, like a slippery downhill chip, I take it off.

I happen to go back and forth between having a glove on or off for these shots. No rhyme or reason to it either.

Back