Commitment to a golf ball for an entire season.

I play balls that I find. So I play all brands and models. Of course, there are balls that I prefer and balls that suit my game, but I still branch out and play "all comers".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played the same ball for about 4 years and only recently changed. I'll stick with this ball for at least another couple of years until I find something better.

I've been playing the Callaway Chrome Soft since the 2014 Grandaddy. Outside of that I've only played the B330 Tour RX. I have nothing against the Pro V1 or other balls, it's just that (for me) I really love the feel of these two golf balls.

Up until this season, I played one ball exclusively, the Srixon Z XV. The last few rounds, I have been playing the 2016 Bridgestone B330RX. I think the B330RX fits my game. It plays a few yards longer and feels great off the putter. I will probably play both balls this season until the Srixons are depleted from my inventory and then most likely move exclusively to B330RX.

I know I'm going to be the oddball here but I'm going to be playing the Snell MTB, at least at the beginning of the season. I had some good success with it last year and ended up ordering a couple dozen over winter. For the price I really think it's a great ball. Once I'm through those I'll definitely be giving the new B330rx a go.

Commitment to a golf ball for an entire season.

I just want to know if people make a commitment to a ball for a season and really stick to it and not waver. In the past every time I tried to go exclusive ProV's, I'm sorry I did it because it has way too much driver spin for me. So I understand the need to change.

I guess I can either box up the other brands or sell the new ones on the FS thread.

I favor a few models, but I don't think I've ever played the same ball all season. I sometimes use what I find, and I buy what's on sale, so I don't always have the same ones on hand.

I play the E5 - I play it 90% of the time. I think the tough thing for me living in the Northeast is not being able to commit to a ball for the full season, because I have a warm weather ball and cold weather ball. Also, I like to try other balls and see how they compare to the E5 for me. Not many can top it that I've tried.

I think for me it's staying brand loyal, my winter ball is normally the E6, but this winter I've been pretty succesful with last years model of the RXS. But the last couple of rounds I've played the Chromesoft and for a few rounds last year I played the XV Star (thanks 441)

I'm usually between two balls both Bridgestone. Either lady precept of E5. E5 is more my summer ball and lady precept is spring and fall more.

I have always bounced between different golf balls. Guess I like trying those as much as golf clubs. LOL. I do have a good stash of W/S Duo Urethane and also ProV1s... maybe that's what I'll stick with once I'm ready to be in scoring mode this season.

Since I'm going nearly all Bridgestone in my bag. I'd like to play Bridgestone balls all season as well, however I have so many new balls from other manufacturers that I don't see how I can do it. Makes me mad that I can't keep this commitment.

So here is my questions to the group:

1. Have you ever decided to play one ball or one manufacturer and kept it?
2. If so and not kept it, how long before you switched?

I've played the Bridgestone B330 for over two years now. I have absolutely no reservations about the decision and plan to maintain it for another few years at least.

I usually stick with one ball for a good stretch. If I can find a good deal on a ball I like, I will buy a few dozen and play them exclusively for a while.

Currently I have 3 dozen of the 2015 chrome soft so I will be playing those for a while, but have a dozen 16 Chrome softs waiting already as well as some ProVs and Zstars I have won/been given. I will either mix those in to some rounds or give them to a buddy of mine.

For years I was a Prov1x guy, now for the past couple of years its been only B330rx for me and I dont see that changing. Have I tried other balls or used one that I have found or won yes but 98% of the time Im gaming B330rx

I typically game the B330-RX, but when I went on a streak of losing balls I raided the shag bag. I'm going to a Bridgestone Live Fitting next week though, so it will be interesting to see what the results are. Whatever the outcome, I think I'll be playing a Bridgestone ball most of the year.

Other than winter rounds, I generally stick with the B330-RX, or sometimes the e5. Have a few dozen e5s I grabbed during a promo to get through, then I'm going back to the B330 line. May give the new RXS a spin this year, or grab a fitting if I can find one nearby.

I've played the Q Star for the last 3 seasons with great results. Moving up to the Z Star this season. But I usually stick with one ball.

Whatever the outcome, I think I'll be playing a Bridgestone ball most of the year.

Ah, next week. Need to get the child minding sorted!

I made the decision last year to play one ball and have stuck with it. Have about 9 dozen brand new balls from other manufacturers that just sit around since I'm not using them.

I have a couple balls. Bridgestone 300-RX, and when those run out plan on switching to ChromeSoft, which I also have a few dozen of.

I switch between 2 balls (Duo and e6) depending on time of year and how my swing is doing. I've tried other balls but usually just go back to those two since I know what they're going to do for my game.

I've played Taylormade Tour Prefered X's for basically the past 2 seasons. They're cheap and I like them.

Pro V1x is my preferred ball for my league/tournament play but for casual rounds I like to play similar tier balls (z-star/rzn black) but I was recently fitted for the b330rx so im going to try those out.

Never played just one ball for the entire season. Going to try to play Srixon Q-stars all season. Hopefully it will help with short game and putting

I am trying this this season...Tried several different balls over the last year and I'm a ProV1x guy this year. So far, so good.

Back