It really depends on stance. It sounds like you have a lot of questions about what would fit you. Have you ever considered going for a full bag fitting and just seeing what works for you?

See youre new to golf, go to a store and play around. I like shorter putters. Mine is 34" most would play 35 or so i believe at our height, but anything works.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I am 5'10 and I like to let me arms hang naturally with little arm bend. I also outt left hand low and prefer a 33.5" putter. Was using shorter but my lower back was not a fan! It's about finding out what works for you and the beauty is that you can shorten and length your putter at very little cost.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I am 6'1" and use a 33.5 inches putter, I know a 5'8" guy who uses a 36" putter, you need to find what feels comfortable for you. Look online for the seemore self fitting tool, it could give you a place to start.

Lot more goes into equation than height as others are pointing out. FWIW, I'm 6'5"and can play pretty much from 34-35" comfortably and without compromising effectiveness. Can get away with 33.5 but prefer not to.

I'm 6'2" and use 36" but I like to keep my elbows tight to my body.

It's all personal.

While a fitting would be ideal I know what it's like trying to find someone competent somewhere that isn't a major metropolis.

Try things out. There's no rule.

Tinker until you find something you find works.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Based on that same thought. Are there graphite shafts for putters? And has anyone experienced the difference with it and steel?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Based on that same thought. Are there graphite shafts for putters? And has anyone experienced the difference with it and steel? I'm 6'3" and use a 35" putter. I believe it's more the wrist to ground measurement that is important, other then height. But I'll let the experts here pipe in about that one.

Based on that same thought. Are there graphite shafts for putters? And has anyone experienced the difference with it and steel?

I have an Accra graphite shaft in my TP Mills .

It's really heavy but I don't really notice any difference in feel.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Seems that a graphite shaft would make for a better lower COG, which I assume would be good.

Go get measured and then play around with a few and see what's comfy for you. I play a 34 inch.

Matrix has a graphite putter shaft. Also another option is the UST frequency filtered putter shaft.

FWIW, I'm about 6 feet and play a 33 inch putter. I think you would help yourself by going for a full bag fitting, you don't have to buy but you will have an understanding of what you need.

Putter length really is more about what feels natural to you.....I have seen several very tall players with 33" putters or less...it's all about finding something that you feel comfortable with.

Moved to Flatstick Talk.

Back