Just got the chance to watch the videos. Those were crazy sharp. And that was viewing on my phone. I can't wait to see what A THP event will look like with this camera.
You bringing this out this weekend?

Yes sir.

OSMO has an update that does a lot of cool things including extending battery life, adding pinch to zoom and a ton more.

OSMO has an update that does a lot of cool things including extending battery life, adding pinch to zoom and a ton more.

The hour long battery life is pretty shocking to me. How much does it extend?

Outside of that, the footage has been outstanding.

The hour long battery life is pretty shocking to me. How much does it extend?

Outside of that, the footage has been outstanding.

I think you actually get real world one hour now.
If you think of this and compare it to GoPro, I think the hour long is pretty much on par with most small consumer cameras.

I think you actually get real world one hour now.
If you think of this and compare it to GoPro, I think the hour long is pretty much on par with most small consumer cameras.

It's boggles my mind that battery life is so low. Why do they design them that way?

It's boggles my mind that battery life is so low. Why do they design them that way?

Same with any other small devices. There is only so much room in a small device to fit a battery.
Then add that a battery in this one is not only running a 4K camera, but also gimbal movement, wifi, etc.
60 minutes of actual recording is a LOT of video.

An hour is pretty strong compared to other DJI products. As long as extra batteries aren't to expensive, then that's worth it. Could get two or four extra batteries and that should be more than enough time. Especially if you can be recharging as you rotate through. How long does it take to recharge a battery from empty?

An hour is pretty strong compared to other DJI products. As long as extra batteries aren't to expensive, then that's worth it. Could get two or four extra batteries and that should be more than enough time. Especially if you can be recharging as you rotate through. How long does it take to recharge a battery from empty?

$35 a piece for extras.
And I am sure the generics will be out soon for it.

My one knock on DJI is that like GoPro, every time they release a device, it takes a new battery.

$35 a piece for extras.
And I am sure the generics will be out soon for it.

My one knock on DJI is that like GoPro, every time they release a device, it takes a new battery.

Ya, that does suck. In my looking at upgrading my drone, that was something I was looking at on the side. Different batteries and cost of them for replacement/extra length of flight and filming. It's all a way to make money of course, I get it but I don't have to like it.

I will say this thing is freaking awesome. JB snagged some good shots with it this past weekend that I look forward to seeing.

It blows a GoPro away IMO

I will say this thing is freaking awesome. JB snagged some good shots with it this past weekend that I look forward to seeing.

It blows a GoPro away IMO
It really does blow the go pro away, such a cool device. Not sure I put the DJI in the same category as a go pro though.

It really does blow the go pro away, such a cool device. Not sure I put the DJI in the same category as a go pro though.

Sorry, I should have been more clear, as far as golf specific application. I own a Gopro I bought solely for golf, and I used it one time, and probably will end up selling it.

Sorry, I should have been more clear, as far as golf specific application. I own a Gopro I bought solely for golf, and I used it one time, and probably will end up selling it.
I feel the same about my go pro. That said I think if I made the effort I would enjoy it a good bit more

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Agreed. Crazy part is, they are really similar devices. Small cameras capable of producing high quality content. GoPro originally focused on extreme, due to durability of accessories. DJI focused on stability. GoPro has a gimbal system available for their camera (through 3rd party accessories) and DJI drones originally were GoPro cameras.

What I see however is that less people use a GoPro for extreme items, so they might be better off with the stability angle.

Agreed. Crazy part is, they are really similar devices. Small cameras capable of producing high quality content. GoPro originally focused on extreme, due to durability of accessories. DJI focused on stability. GoPro has a gimbal system available for their camera (through 3rd party accessories) and DJI drones originally were GoPro cameras.

What I see however is that less people use a GoPro for extreme items, so they might be better off with the stability angle.

Agreed, if I had to go back and do it again I would 100% get one of these. Seeing some of the shots you were able to get at Hogan really intrigues me, but honestly I think I will cut my losses with the Gopro and stick with my cell phone at this time.

Go Pro doomed themselves when they stopped being innovative with their accessories. The gimbal system of the DJI Osmo is some of the best tech I have ever seen packed in to a camera.

Go Pro doomed themselves when they stopped being innovative with their accessories. The gimbal system of the DJI Osmo is some of the best tech I have ever seen packed in to a camera.

Agreed. As a marketing platform, they were brilliant in holding back tech to release each year. Then add convincing the masses through digital engagement that no matter if you were sitting on the couch play CoC video games or outside surfing, you needed to share it with the world.

The problem is, people didnt upgrade as fast as the company wanted (yearly) because their software is/was flat out awful. The company that makes video editing and producing fun 2 minute videos as simple as pushing buttons on an iPhone and couples that with a camera, will be billionaires.

Agreed. As a marketing platform, they were brilliant in holding back tech to release each year. Then add convincing the masses through digital engagement that no matter if you were sitting on the couch play CoC video games or outside surfing, you needed to share it with the world.

The problem is, people didnt upgrade as fast as the company wanted (yearly) because their software is/was flat out awful. The company that makes video editing and producing fun 2 minute videos as simple as pushing buttons on an iPhone and couples that with a camera, will be billionaires.
I am still surprised that someone hasnt taken the idea from the old Flip cameras, made the camera better, and made a ton of money. Go Pro type video quality with easy to use plug and play uploading and editing.

I still ponder this and watching JB use it at club clash was pretty cool. Like others I didn't really use my gopro much and kind of had the thought creep in that I wouldn't use this but it's seems much more convenient to use than a gopro.

How's the zoom on this?

I was thinking of picking up one of these for my kid's xmas concert. Do you guys think this device would be good for that application or would you suggest something different?

How's the zoom on this?

I was thinking of picking up one of these for my kid's xmas concert. Do you guys think this device would be good for that application or would you suggest something different?

Not going to be able to zoom really. This is great if the shooter is moving.

Back