Hybrid Iron Model List

Cobrahead

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi All,

I was hoping that I could call upon some of you to open up the mental archives and help me me finish the list. Long story short, a friend wants to take up the game and we got into discussion about the cleveland hb irons from last year. He asked if there were older/cheap models. I tried to do some research, but I wanted to see if I forgot anything.

Adams
  • Tight lies/Idea hybrids

Cleveland:
  • Launcher (2009) - I haven't seen these in person so I'm not sure if they would count
  • 588 altitudes
  • 2018 HB Launcher

Tour Edge:
  • Hot Launch (1, 2, HL3)

I'm sure he's going to be cruising second hand stores and/or ebay for these things. Are there any models I should tell him to favor or any that I'm missing on the list?

Also, out of curiosity, does anyone still make wood sets still? (3 wood - 11 wood ish things?)

Bridgestone Tour B JGR H1 or the Original JGR Hybrid Irons.

Nike Slingshot OOS

The Launcher HBs from last year are really good irons, not super cheap but I bet can be had for a decent price. Otherwise as Mark suggested the older JGR Bridgestone irons were very solid and can probably be found pretty cheap.

Also, the Callaway Big Bertha OS irons were hollow body with a cup face, so they might be something to check out as well.

Sorry, I misread. You want a set of hybrid irons and not a set of hybrids.

Sorry, I misread. You want a set of hybrid irons and not a set of hybrids.

Are there sets of hybrids out of there? I thought hybrids generally stop at that 5/6 range?

Are there sets of hybrids out of there? I thought hybrids generally stop at that 5/6 range?

They do for the most part. I thought he was looking for a couple of Hybrids.

Hi All,

I was hoping that I could call upon some of you to open up the mental archives and help me me finish the list. Long story short, a friend wants to take up the game and we got into discussion about the cleveland hb irons from last year. He asked if there were older/cheap models. I tried to do some research, but I wanted to see if I forgot anything.

Adams
  • Tight lies/Idea hybrids

Cleveland:
  • Launcher (2009) - I haven't seen these in person so I'm not sure if they would count
  • 588 altitudes
  • 2018 HB Launcher

Tour Edge:
  • Hot Launch (1, 2, HL3)

I'm sure he's going to be cruising second hand stores and/or ebay for these things. Are there any models I should tell him to favor or any that I'm missing on the list?

Also, out of curiosity, does anyone still make wood sets still? (3 wood - 11 wood ish things?)

Thomas Golf makes woods set down to 55 degree sand wedge, hybrid set and also putter type chippers (if like me happen to be not very good at golf) are totally great! Chippers are hard to come by on eBay but woods and hybrids are pop up quite frequently for a fraction of the cost of new.

Back