DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get down there tomorrow and hopefully into the hotel by noon. We're gonna try to get a round in if weather cooperates. If anyone is interested in twilight rounds at hawks creek, we'll try to get out as much as we can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Get down there tomorrow and hopefully into the hotel by noon. We're gonna try to get a round in if weather cooperates. If anyone is interested in twilight rounds at hawks creek, we'll try to get out as much as we can.

Timing not looking good with the weather. Looks like we are expecting 3-6" of rain between Sunday and Tuesday.

Timing not looking good with the weather. Looks like we are expecting 3-6" of rain between Sunday and Tuesday.
I saw that! Boo. Luckily, I have an eight page paper for the war college due Tuesday night. Hopefully weather is better after that

Sorry about the weather man, it's rainy season. Probably not a good day here until Friday or Saturday. Gotta fill up the lakes before the dry season. Heaven and Hell.

Reposting - Date has been set!

Coyote Ridge Golf Club (link to course info)
Sunday, April 24
11:50 & 12:00AM/PM

1. Nate
2. BigTex
3. mpete
4. #cookie
5. zeff
6. cwmonroe87
7. kapsularian
8. OPEN (TexasHacker has a pass 4 sale)

Last edited:
Anyone interested in a pass for Coyote Ridge? I forgot I am going to be in Austin this upcoming weekend so I cannot make it. If not, no big deal, I will figure out a way to use it, but if someone wants to join this fine group of guys let me know!

Anyone interested in a pass for Coyote Ridge? I forgot I am going to be in Austin this upcoming weekend so I cannot make it. If not, no big deal, I will figure out a way to use it, but if someone wants to join this fine group of guys let me know!

Paging tomcat.

Leonard Golf Links just purchased a TrackMan 4. It's not setup yet. But, it might be ready for their April 23rd Demo Day.

Paging tomcat.

Thanks for the invite / suggestion, but I can't play Sunday mornings. I'm either at church or working.

It looks like a good course.

Anybody playing PVGA this weekend in the modified Stableford? I'm signed up. Seems like it's been about 2 months since my last association event.

Anybody playing PVGA this weekend in the modified Stableford? I'm signed up. Seems like it's been about 2 months since my last association event.

I haven't signed back up for this year.....the consistently low turnout makes it hard to justify the drive. Plus some 20 plus caps shooting low 80's last year was tough to stomach. :angel:

I haven't signed back up for this year.....the consistently low turnout makes it hard to justify the drive. Plus some 20 plus caps shooting low 80's last year was tough to stomach. :angel:

Sandbagging...at Pecan Valley...no way!? Played 1 tourney out there and encountered something similar. Between the 5 & 6-somesome's allowed to go off the tee, the suuuuuuuper slow walkers, and the "grumps" that are allowed to tee off whenever they want on weekday mornings I am quickly finding reasons to avoid PV altogether. Love the tracks, hate the nonsense.

Bump!

IF anyone wants to play Coyote Ridge with the big THP group this weekend, I have a pass I could sell. I am going to Austin and won't be able to play.

As TexasHacker indicated:

Sunday, April 24

1. Nate
2. BigTex
3. mpete
4. #cookie
5. zeff
6. cwmonroe87
7. kapsularian

Bring your boat!!

As TexasHacker indicated:

Sunday, April 24

1. Nate
2. BigTex
3. mpete
4. #cookie
5. zeff
6. cwmonroe87
7. kapsularian

Turn out this year has been better than the past few years. I think the last event had 40+. I hope that keeps up. But, they will never get to the numbers that M'Brook has. I may join MB if soccer doesn't conflict and just play at both places.

Sandbagging...at Pecan Valley...no way!? Played 1 tourney out there and encountered something similar. Between the 5 & 6-somesome's allowed to go off the tee, the suuuuuuuper slow walkers, and the "grumps" that are allowed to tee off whenever they want on weekday mornings I am quickly finding reasons to avoid PV altogether. Love the tracks, hate the nonsense.

None of that applies to the PVGA events that I have seen. And, sandbagging happens at probably every event. Honestly, I don't see it being a prevalent issue in the Association tournaments.

Turn out this year has been better than the past few years. I think the last event had 40+. I hope that keeps up. But, they will never get to the numbers that M'Brook has. I may join MB if soccer doesn't conflict and just play at both places.

I played both quite a bit last year. Just got tired of the paltry payouts at PV.

MB is a much better location for me. While tougher to win, payouts are strong.

For those in DFW I thought I'd share this. By chance I played this afternoon with Clay Cooley - you know, "shop me first, shop me last, come see Clay". What a hoot, if you are a fan of East Bound and Down he is Ashley Schaffer, absolute nutball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those in DFW I thought I'd share this. By chance I played this afternoon with Clay Cooley - you know, "shop me first, shop me last, come see Clay". What a hoot, if you are a fan of East Bound and Down he is Ashley Schaffer, absolute nutball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, I know it's had to be a entertaining round.

I would love to be paired with Jim Adler.
I would say "hammer" after everyone of his shots lol

Lol, I know it's had to be a entertaining round.

I would love to be paired with Jim Adler.
I would say "hammer" after everyone of his shots lol

Oh man that would be a blast. Pair both of those guys up and enjoy the comedy

Played hawks creek today. Soggy round. Hoping to get out tomorrow early afternoon somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back