Do you like playing with better golfers?

I like playing with better golfers. I like to push myself and measure my game to theirs and see where I need to improve.

I like it. I try to learn from them and watch good golf. As long as they aren't dbags I like to play with anyone.

Personally I love playing with golfers who are better than me. Just being able to watch the way they play the course is enjoyable for me and many times gives me a new perspective that I would have previously not thought about. Also when they are willing give me some pointers it is greatly appreciated and usually has a very positive effect on my round. Also I am a believer that if you want to get better you have to play with/against better than yourself players.

I did and he took me to task with steady tempo, crisp contact and maybe three bad swings. I shot 4 over to his 4 under. Best drubbing I have taken in some time and was happy about it. I learn so much abou the golf swing just watching him. I also picked up a big green reading technique that paid off this weekend with Pops.
You got to play with a pretty good player last week.

I don't care, as long as they have a good sense of humor and don't act like Richard ( that actually goes for any HC) ...

The other thing I appreciate, and I notice this when playing with local THP'ers that are lot better than myself, recognizing and supporting the fact I am a older higher HC guy, and need/like to use the white tees.

I like playing with people of all skill levels, whether they are vastly better than I am, or whether they're just beginning. Only time I don't like playing with someone is if they are arrogant/rude, which luckily for me is very rare.

Yes I absolutely love to play with better golfers. I learn from them, it helps motivate me to get better, and I enjoy getting strokes for a change!

The better golfers I have played with have been fun partners. I like playing with better players because I usually learn something. I don't want to play with a better player who is an a$$ about his skills

I really enjoy playing with players that are as good or better than I am. That's not to slight a high-handicapper because I just like to play with other people, but I learn more about my game when I see a really good player tackle the same course as me.

I don't care either way. Some days it is nice to get a little ego boost, other days it is nice to see you aren't as good as you thought.

Most of the time, better players than me are really nice guys/gals and pleasant to play with. But there are a few out there with egos so big that they have to share their thoughts about my game/bragging about their's/preaching. The way I see it; we are playing on the same public course. At the end of the day; we're not pros. We are just doing this casually.

I enjoy playing with better players. I like to see how they handle situations and see how I can learn from what they do. Not sure the better players enjoy playing with me though haha.

I really don't have a choice, all of my regular group are now better than I am. I try to watch and learn.

I find it difficult to find players who aren't better than me.

I enjoy playing with better golfers. Watching their tempo and concentration always helps my game. I don't get too many chances, however, as the foursome I regularly play with is composed of all equally-skilled (or unskilled, depending on the day) golfers.

I love it. If I'm playing with a single digit handicapper, I try to play the course the same way. This teaches me a better way to play the course, unless they're super long hitters. The only thing that fails is my lack of skill. I've never been put down by one of them for doing that.

I play with anyone. Some of my favorite partners aren't very good, but its fun to chase it around with them.

My regular group is a couple guys and a girl that are all 7-8 strokes better than I with one being a scratch golfer. I learn so much watching them play that it makes me better which I love.

At my course there is only a few players that are lower than me, but to be honest it doesnt bother me who i play with. If they want a game ill play, most of my buddies and family range from 15-24 handicaps and those are the guys i have games with the most.
I have played with better golfers but i dont think it changes how i play, im out to have fun. They are good to watch though.

My mate is a couple shots lower than me on handicap but we can both shoot the scores and i believe we are equal.

I definitely like playing with better players. They push me to play better, and I learn from their experience. Still hasn't fixed me yet, but I keep holding out hope it will :D

I enjoy playing with better players. I like to see how they handle situations and see how I can learn from what they do. Not sure the better players enjoy playing with me though haha.

If they don't they suck!

As long as they're not di#k's. I could care less if you're on the tour or a 36. Let's enjoy ourselves.

As the saying goes, "you are who you're with." I like playing with better players. Always something to admire and learn.

I also have no problem with newbies, although at times it can feel like a long babysitting session.

Like the guys said here, for as long as they're not jerks.

I think it depends on the better golfer. People who use skill or knowledge to their advantage or stature drive me absolutely insane. I loathe it. Sadly, many who've achieved scratch or better seem to have that "you should listen to me because look at my handicap" attitude towards lesser skilled players and I'd rather kick a rock down a road barefoot than golf with them.

For the players who just enjoy the experience and share stories and conversation on a level with everyone playing, I genuinely enjoy their time.

I completely agree Dan, I have a friend who plays off 1 but all we do is have a laugh when we are out on the course and play our own game. It is fun, but annoying (in a good way) at the same time, to watch him hit a drive 300yds straight down the middle of the fairway or sink that putt that I would never expect to sink

I once read on another forum about someone who flatly refused to play with any other golfer who had a handicap higher than 5 because apparently they ruin the game for him - sounds like someone who I would be staying well away from on a golf course

Back