Taylormade M Gloire

Lurp06x

Reaction score
Handicap
???
Anybody seen this new line from taylormade? They have drivers, woods, hybrids, and irons. Also everything looks like its suppose to be better that there normal line. Its at least more expensive.

https://www.taylormadegolf.com/M-Gloire-Driver/DW-KY150-1.html

sorry THP if you have a news article coming or i missed something.

I'll have an opinion as soon as I figure out how to pronounce Gloire.

Just looked at irons.... 41* PW?! Second time I’ve seen this. Loft jacking is getting out of control.

Looks like a Japanese style release brought to NA. Bonded driver shaft is a good sign of that.

Just looked at irons.... 41* PW?! Second time I’ve seen this. Loft jacking is getting out of control.

holy cow just saw that!! 6 iron at 24*??

I was in Japan back in Feb and the Gloire stuff was everywhere. Looks pretty good in person.

Japanese release brought stateside.

"Our Gloire series was specifically designed to enter the premium Japanese and Asia market back in 2012. Now, we are incorporating Tour-validated Twist Face and Hammerhead technologies into a premium design with the introduction of M Gloire. Utilizing a multi-material composite crown and the new Forged Twist Face will provide game-changing accuracy and distance for those players who tend to have a fade bias and a slower swing speed. "

Is this the "Epic Star" Line circa 2019?

They lost me at the $649 price. My whole bag costed around that much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

46”? I mean, not to generalize the stature of the Asian market, but that is a loooong shaft for a 6 footer, much less a mid 5 foot tall player.

46”? I mean, not to generalize the stature of the Asian market, but that is a loooong shaft for a 6 footer, much less a mid 5 foot tall player.

Japanese golf market is very different.

Look at the iron specs as well.

Hmmm. Not for me. But interesting nonetheless. 41* PW? Lol. I call that a 9i. I could probably get that one out close to 200 if I really tried. 24* 6i? Ummmm, ok. I’ll just play 6-GW- my GW+ would be too strong lifted for anything less than 180.

Different world over there I guess. What’s the 4i, 16*? I’m going to guess that I could probably hit it pretty damn far. Probably not straight, but far.

The bottom of the club reminds me of the old RBZ Stage 2 fairway club.

81b419fcc6ce270d376038733002b174.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought a set of irons. I have put the PXG away. I love both irons but the new taylor made are longer and higher and easier to hit. I can't say enough about the gloire irons. They are great!
Only problem is they are hard to shape. I hit a draw and I keep coming up right of the pin. They want to go straight. I am learning to aim a little more at the pin. I have played them for 4 rounds now and I am in love
with them.

Back