DJ untwist TwistFace?

Qwkz51

El Conquistador
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
DJ does have some serious clubhead speed, but enough to flatten a Taylormade face? Maybe it was said in jest, maybe it's a bad club build, but the story seems a bit off. Sadlowski, who I would assume has a bit more clubhead speed told us he was still playing the original Cleveland head from his endorsement(although he did say had broken others heads) . So...shoddy build, or making excuses for bad play while trying to humble brag? Is that a good look for Taylormade?
832f2cb1ba07e4518fcda8e3922105e3.jpg

Sounds like a not very well thought out humble brag.

I think he is using the term "flattened" in a different way than the term is really meant to be used. At least it reads that way. Essentially though, no big deal. Spieth cracked his driver back during the 2016 Masters and apparently played the first round here with a cracked driver again. I don't take that as a negative for Titleist.

I’m sure he was trying to be humorous, but DJ struggles with any social interaction it seems so....

As for the club, he cracked a driver, not the first to do it, won’t be the last to do it.

Comment made in jest.

It is a bad look for Taylormade to have their top ranked tour staffer swing so darned hard that he cracks driver heads. They should only endorse slow swinging pros. Since I am a golfer who is also on the internet, my swing speed is pretty much equal to Dustin Johnson's, so I will not be buying a Taylormade driver.

It is a bad look for Taylormade to have their top ranked tour staffer swing so darned hard that he cracks driver heads. They should only endorse slow swinging pros. Since I am a golfer who is also on the internet, my swing speed is pretty much equal to Dustin Johnson's, so I will not be buying a Taylormade driver.

:D I'm aware that driver faces crack, especially with high speed swings and especially with repeated strikes in a limited zone, but is that really what you want one of your main stars bragging about? The lack of durability of their flagship product? While most people aren't swinging it the same speed as Dustin Johnson, it still TO ME is a bad look.

I’m sure he was trying to be humorous, but DJ struggles with any social interaction it seems so....

As for the club, he cracked a driver, not the first to do it, won’t be the last to do it.

I mean, your boy can crack TaylorMade faces, I'm sure DJ can handle it haha

:D I'm aware that driver faces crack, especially with high speed swings and especially with repeated strikes in a limited zone, but is that really what you want one of your main stars bragging about? The lack of durability of their flagship product? While most people aren't swinging it the same speed as Dustin Johnson, it still TO ME is a bad look.

I think you may be looking into it a bit too much. These guys are hitting these clubs over and over and over again. Faces crack. I guess to me, I would assume these guys go through quite a few drivers. Him saying that has no bearing on my perception other than thinking that he does swing hard.

I think you may be looking into it a bit too much. These guys are hitting these clubs over and over and over again. Faces crack. I guess to me, I would assume these guys go through quite a few drivers. Him saying that has no bearing on my perception other than thinking that he does swing hard.
Not really thinking too much into it, just saw it on the PGA Facebook page and thought "yikes.. Not really what I'd want my tour pro saying about my clubs". It was just a thought, and a chance for discussion.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It doesn't impact my perception of Taylormade or their woods.

I hope DJ is joking, though I have a feeling he is serious. Which made me think of this:

qGhiEIe.gif

Back