You have 2 putts for win from 20 ft ... What happens next?

chriso97

Mad Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you go for the first putt? Or lag it close for guaranteed win?

I really hate these scenarios, never know what to do.

Either way a bad putt could screw you.

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

I'm easing that thing up there as best I can.

I am going to try to put it into the hole. I figure there is no better way to get close than to try to putt it in. 20 feet isn't that long of a putt really.

How aggressive I am will depend on how much break is in the putt. The straighter it is the more likely I'll try to make it. With a lot of break I'll be much more concerned with the speed to make sure it doesn't get away from me.

I’m a die it in the hole putter especially from 20 feet so nothing changes for me, I’d just go through my normal pre-shot routine and putt it like I always do.

What I should do: lag it close, and leave an easy, short putt for the win.
What I probably would do: go for it, lip out, miss the comeback, and end up tied. Then lose in a playoff.

I try to make every putt I stand over. Regardless of the outcome or circumstance

Aim small, miss small.

3 putt and give my opponent a congratulatory handshake

It depends how much break it has in it. I typically go with the mindset of try to make everything unless it's a really difficult, breaking putt.

Glory favors the bold. Make that putt.

It'll depend on the break and speed of the greens during the round for me. Probably just try to get it in an 18 inch circle and get a tap in.

I am going for it hoping that if it runs by, its within the 18" length for the two putt.

Leave myself the easiest 2nd putt possible. If it finds the hole on the 1st putt, fabulous.

lol, when i first read the title, i said to myself, " I win".... but seriously with the choices given, I try to make it cause i am a good putter of the ball. if not, i will be close enough to tap it in.

I go thru my preshot routine, address the put, pull the trigger, and trust the process. It doesn't matter whether it is a putt to win or first green of the day. The process stays the same.

Many times easier said than done but that is the goal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What happens? I win because from 20 feet, I'm not going to more than 2 putt often....

Am I trying to make it? I mean ya, but ill be focusing on my speed more than anything. Speed is everything

3 putt and give my opponent a congratulatory handshake
Not gonna try in the playoff?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

At 20' I'd like to think I'd be focused on distance. So I'd try to direct the pressure there, and putt away.

Nope. Match play. 1/2 point earned. Time to drink.
Ties suck. There should always be a winner.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I am a lag putter in general, so I go to make it, and if I miss I should be pretty close.

I go thru my preshot routine, address the put, pull the trigger, and trust the process. It doesn't matter whether it is a putt to win or first green of the day. The process stays the same.

Many times easier said than done but that is the goal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

+1 all day, I “try” to treat every single putt the same.

Back