UnOfficial Nor Cal/So Cal Get-Together Thread

I could play for the South again. But with me just coming off that 115 at Poppy Hills, my offer might not be accepted.

If we play Hunter Ranch again you're on my team!

I'll bring pingstew to play for the North this time. Might help us out, that guy never strays far from what we saw at Poppy.

Serious though, maybe we need to start a rotation of northern so-cal, then southern nor-cal. Whatever it takes to get the guys from the South to join us!

If we play Hunter Ranch again you're on my team!

I'll bring pingstew to play for the North this time. Might help us out, that guy never strays far from what we saw at Poppy.

Serious though, maybe we need to start a rotation of northern so-cal, then southern nor-cal. Whatever it takes to get the guys from the South to join us!

I'll go down South no problem. I just want there to be a full team ready to go and not just Wonton & LobWood (who always come out).

I might be interested depending on dates, cost, etc.

I'm down! Just let me know when and where!

Yeah we had to LEND team SoCal some bodies just so they could compete. Guess they are too busy tanning on the beach, watching the horrible Lakers & Dodgers, sitting in traffic and whatever they like to do down there...:eyepoke:
Since we're playing farther South this time they won't have to give up their Speedos, maybe that will help. :alien:

Yeah we had to LEND team SoCal some bodies just so they could compete. Guess they are too busy tanning on the beach, watching the horrible Lakers & Dodgers, sitting in traffic and whatever they like to do down there...:eyepoke:

We did a little more than just compete - most would call it dominate.

I would think any of you NorCaler's would be chomping at the bit to join the defending champion.

I would say we wait a month or 2 before we finalize a date/place. We have the Project X event in August and the Bridgestone Championship in Vegas in September. I'm hoping a few of us get into one of those.

I would think any of you NorCaler's would be chomping at the bit to join the defending champion.

I would say we wait a month or 2 before we finalize a date/place. We have the Project X event in August and the Bridgestone Championship in Vegas in September. I'm hoping a few of us get into one of those.
We were afraid that if we didn't "assist" in your victory you guys wouldn't come back. :D

I agree that we should wait and see who gets into the remaining THP events. We had a few that had to drop last year due to conflicts.

I might be able to make it if it is not in the fall (harvest) how about we go to Fresno in July and we can see who the Real Men are

I think it's time to start figuring out if we want to get a rematch going. We have plenty of NoCal reps but you SoCal guys need to recruit. I can't believe an area that large can only manage to have a handful of people interested in meeting up for golf especially with as much notice as we give. We need more than wonton, Linwood and Schanker. First scud as been sent. You may have the trophy but it looks like you don't have the bodies. Typical SoCal. Arrive in the 3rd, leave in the 7th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im part of the SoCal crew.

Sorry I never check in to these threads...but I'm always down to golf with you guys!

I need to subscribe to this thread (is there a way to do that?).

Im out of commission for 2-3 weeks with an injury, but good to go after that.

Personal opinion is I think we need to at least agree on a location for the next get together and a general time frame for the rematch within the next couple weeks.

I know some people are limited in how far they are able/willing to travel so picking an area and some courses will give us a pretty good idea of how many participants we MIGHT get. To be honest, I would love to go to Monterey, but not sure how that works for others. I also think Pismo worked pretty well last year and I would love to go back to Jocko's so I am open for whatever.

I think a lot of us were hoping to do this bi-annually, so we would be looking at October again which would put us at a year since the last event. Maybe we should just make this a yearly event around the same time each year and we can do a NoCal Invitational (open to all) maybe 2 to 3 times a year. Maybe rotate it between Monterey, The Bay Area, and Sacramento. I think we could get 6-12 minimum at each event. I have no dog in the fight as I live 20 miles south of Fresno. So I am driving no matter what. The THP Event are always going to have priority over our events, but at least there is something for those of us not selected to have look forward to. Plus THP has events year round that everyone will be interested in so if we continue to wait, we'll never get anything done. That's my 2 cents.

Seeing how I'm only in the area another year, I'm hoping we can make this happen! I think we should come up with a few potential courses, put them up to a vote of then make plans for whichever one comes out on top. I think if we put our collective heads together we'll be able to get something planned that will work for everyone!

I would love to do it, just depends on cost. Damn this poor college kid budget!

Should we create a new thread, or just keep the discussion going in here?

Yeah, I'm good with meeting every October. Keeping it around same time every year. As long as this event doesn't conflict with official outings.
However, I am not available Oct 7, 8 and 9th. I have a wedding to go to in Denver.

Yeah, I'm good with meeting every October. Keeping it around same time every year. As long as this event doesn't conflict with official outings.
However, I am not available Oct 7, 8 and 9th. I have a wedding to go to in Denver.

I think there were some people who didn't like October because it came up against club championships, but I could be remembering it incorrectly.

Either way, I am thinking in the next couple days I will start a new thread with a poll where people can vote on locations/courses and possibly dates. We can run with the most popular and that should at least give us an idea of interest.

If I recall correctly, it was myself and Schanker that had a conflict. My club championship is mid-October this year so early or late October would work for me. Late September works for me also.

If I recall correctly, it was myself and Schanker that had a conflict. My club championship is mid-October this year so early or late October would work for me. Late September works for me also.

Yeah, my club championship is usually in Oct., but I'd always choose you guys over that. Its a better group of guys and we have a better trophy.

I'm thinking mid August. It would give some of us valley guys a chance to get out of the heat for a couple of days.

It sounds like October might be busy for a lot of us. Maybe August or September would be better.
Should we stick to Central Coast again? It's a fair drive for North/South Guys. I can carpool with people too.

I'd prefer September and I'd prefer the central coast, but that's for selfish reasons as it means I wouldn't be travelling to the event. But the Vegas event for THP is in September so that needs to be taken into consideration when choosing the NO-SO Cal dates.

I'd prefer August. The more time you give people, the more likely they will drop out.

If we worry about every THP event, we'll never get anything done. I say we plan something and if people get picked for a THP event and can't make our unofficial event, we understand and would do the same thing. Chances are no more than one or two would get picked from our area anyhow.

My preference is August, because September I usually end up heading to Asia for a week or 2, and October seams to be busy for a lot of people.

I think Pismo or Fresno are about the middle grounds of the state, but Fresno in August does not sound like the best option for me so I am leaning towards Pismo again. Monterey would be great, but that is about 5 hours from LA and even longer if we somehow got anyone from San Diego to join us.

I also think if we get something planned out early enough we could possibly rent a house or try to find a place that might be cheaper than all of us renting hotels for a night and hopefully get some car pools together to lower the cost of entry for everybody.

OK. Let's do August. Pismo/SLO/Paso area.

We can do Hunter Ranch and Monarch again or if we want to try new courses.
I think there's Morro Bay Golf, Avila Beach Resort Golf, Blacklake, etc.

Last edited:
Back