What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad swings, bad bounces or what?

Mostly bad swings, my distance control was poor along with a couple thinned shots that immediately FUBAR a hole. I'll get it together one of these days.

86, 44/42, played well, just two disaster holes cost me, putter was working well, not a single three putt and never had a second putt outside of 4ft, just not enough rolling in on the 1st putt and too many iron shorts missing the green

49 for an unexpected 9 holes this morning, in what could legitimately be called the first round of the season. The course was back open from tee to green, no mounds of snow or sub-freezing wind chills to deal with.

The tee game killed any chance to score. 2 OBs and 4 others that required layups or punch outs. I pulled driver way too often, and coupled with no range to warm up with that was a bad combination. Makes bogey the best possible outcome on each of those holes, and I didn't always get that score. My best holes were the ones I went with a 3/4 3W or lower off the tee. Not a coincidence.

But the rest of my game I was happy with. Spent all winter with a focus on wedges and it showed results. Had a pitch from 25y to a foot. Had a wedge from 82y that left me 4' for a birdie putt on 9. My irons and hybrids were solid and I felt really comfortable with them in hand. The greens were punched but I still got it close on my first putt most of the time. And the adjustment from simulator play to real grass was so much less of an issue that I thought the first round back would be.

Ended the round with a birdie, which is always great.

Quick 9 at lunch today, shot 45. Driver was consistent but mid irons gave me fits. Putting was solid, but my approach shots were scattered killing any good scoring opportunities. Still knocking the rust off from winter evidently.

I had no game off the tee today. I just could not hit the driver on the upswing to save my life, just was too narrow and shut most of the time. I had to resort to basically bunting the ball down the fairway. Hit some really good shots and some terrible ones, was very weird. Putted well, was +SGP even though had 32 putts. Lipped out 4 birdie putts though.

39 - 40 = 79
32 putts with one 3 putt
9/14 FIR
8/18 GIR
2 birdies 2 doubles.

I lit a lot of shots on fire though, besides the lip outs I straight up chunked 3 shots and hit 2 terrible snap hook drives that didn't even go 150 yards. Need to get a few range sessions in with some video and fix my driver swing. Hit a ton of 80-90% shots just flighting them low. All in all it still is progress.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/ntanygd760/round/785629

Shot 70 (37-33) today 1 birdie and 2 bogeys on the front and 3 birdies on the back. Hit 12 greens and had 27 putts (14 and 13). Probably the best part was played in around 2 hours.

Hopefully can get a couple of rounds in over the holiday weekend. To try and keep the good play going.

Shot 40/44 today. Kind of fell apart on the back. Struck it pretty good so I really need to work on my short game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a good day out yesterday in 45kph winds. Ended up shooing a +2 38/ -1 35 =+1 73. I was -2 after 4 holes then rattled off a few bogeys. Finished the day with 5 birdies and 6 bogeys. A couple of them were just stupid shots so if i had eliminated them i could have gone under par again. It will happen again this year i can feel it.

46/45 91 today in a tough wind - prob 20+ mph all round. 32 putts, 3 birdies, four triple bogeys. Gotta love the desert.

Played Brickshire today, pretty windy. Went 41/39. 2 birds, 7 pars, 8 bogs and a double. got off the tee well, but irons blew. this track is easiley just as hard as RNK. Played with 2 guys that seemed interested in THP., so hopefully we get 2 new members.

A tale of two cities, awful front (memo to self, ignore wife's text messages) and redeeming back - 47/37 84

Shot a pretty decent 42. Fairway accuracy was awful, dealing with a lot of cross winds and such. Distance was good, though. Not feeling super confident in my irons right now, hitting borderline hooks with all of them. Putting a little better, definitely getting less tentative on the greens.

Shot 70 (37-33) today 1 birdie and 2 bogeys on the front and 3 birdies on the back. Hit 12 greens and had 27 putts (14 and 13). Probably the best part was played in around 2 hours.

Hopefully can get a couple of rounds in over the holiday weekend. To try and keep the good play going.

Heck of a back nine.

Shot 40/44 today. Kind of fell apart on the back. Struck it pretty good so I really need to work on my short game

You will turn it around bud.
I had a good day out yesterday in 45kph winds. Ended up shooing a +2 38/ -1 35 =+1 73. I was -2 after 4 holes then rattled off a few bogeys. Finished the day with 5 birdies and 6 bogeys. A couple of them were just stupid shots so if i had eliminated them i could have gone under par again. It will happen again this year i can feel it.

Nice shooting.

b384e9e29b73cf3fbd7ae231c2f8b0bc.jpg

Pretty good round for me until i put one in the drink on #8 not bad all in all.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

81 today (39, 42). Started a little slow, but then was cruising along playing well. On 12, a simple par 3, I shanked a shot dead right into a lake that isn't even in play. Decided to re-tee, and proceeded to shank another one. It looked like an instant replay! I can't explain that at all. But, it shook me up and I took a seat on the bogey train for awhile until I extracted my head..... Finished the last couple okay, but, what could have been a great round turned into just so-so. 12/14 fw, only 8 GIR, 29 putts. Tomorrow is a new adventure.

41 on 9. Had some solid birdie chances that I just completely screwed up with the putter. Iron game was pretty solid today though.

Shot 41/48 for an 89 with LSMO. Held my own on the front but took an 8 and a 7 on 10 and 12 and he whooped me yet again!

40 48 with 2 birdies in the beautiful Florida sun.

Shot 82 today playing with Smaville in some stupid windy conditions. Didn't play the best but its always fun when we get to play together!

Sot a 41 at the spot for 9 holes after work. Had a few tee shots that were less than stellar and missed a three footer :alien:

Other than that, it was o.k. In reality it should have been a 39.

JM

Haven't been keeping score for most of my rounds so far this year (only a few), today was no different. A mix of great shots, head scratchers, good chipping overall, and lip outs/hole burners on mid range putts on at least half the holes. Couldn't get off the tee with my driver to safe my life (story of the year so far), sans hole 2.

Played today at the home course of Valley View. Played two balls to score two rounds. One was 102 and the other 99. 7 of 13 fairways hit with 1 GIR. Distance is there, accuracy is not. Think I'm done playing on the course until I get custom fitted clubs and lessons.

Sent from my LGL15G using Tapatalk

89. I was pretty content with that since I had the yips yesterday and could barely make contact with my irons.

Windy conditions today.
46/41 87 GHIN to 84 (par 5 on the front scores were 9 and 8). Two birdies. Three blow up holes.
Really had potential. 35 putts. I missed two putts inside of 3 feet.

86 -- Very good round for me on a more difficult course than I usually play. Temps in the 30's and wind in the teens.

Fairways -- 12
Greens -- 4
Putts -- 33

14 degree driver and Odyssey putter continue to work like magic. Although the GIR would indicate I still have problems with my irons, I'm hitting them better with fewer topped and fat hits. I think when the weather gets better the iron game will improve.

Later,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back