2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

Josh, great post dude. What you said needed to be said, and I'm glad you did it. This event is life changing, and with that comes some responsibility! Be active and show the community how appreciative you are for the chance. Bravo dude. Bravo

Dude you are wrong.

Three of my teammates in the last grandaddy had post counts under 500

I'm not discounting members with low post counts.
Members with low post counts can still be engaged in the THP community. Heck, my post count is still pretty low and I got into #TheGauntlet!
My point was that you just needed to be involved in the forums and I'll just leave it at that. Don't want to come off sounding like a jerk when it wasn't my intention. lol

I'm not discounting members with low post counts.
Members with low post counts can still be engaged in the THP community. Heck, my post count is still pretty low and I got into #TheGauntlet!
My point was that you just needed to be involved in the forums and I'll just leave it at that. Don't want to come off sounding like a jerk when it wasn't my intention. lol

Haha don't worry dude context is rough to get across on the interwebz. What were just trying to say is rarely does THP pick the participants for this event and even when they do, tenure or post count or anything like that means nothing.

I don't post in this thread everyday, but it doesn't mean I don't keep up with it or that I don't care whether or not I get in. I want in bad!!! This event has dictated the way my golf season is shaping up. Instead of getting a membership to a golf course, I'm putting that money into lessons. I want to be better for myself and I want to help THP take down the Zoo Crew. I'll play as many different tracks as I can this year so that my game travels, I'd hate to get to the big show and be lost. It's the effin GRANDADDY!!! It's never too early to start prepping!

If I don't get in all will not be lost. I'll be a better golfer, I'll have spent a lot more time on THP, and I'll still get to follow along in the live update thread, which is a blast hitting the refresh button every 15 seconds waiting to see what happens next and seeing the people participating have the experience of a lifetime!

While I know JB wants revenge on Chris, if I win the lotto and get to be a part of Team THP, I want at Johnny. I have egg on my face from the last time we played and taking on the best "10-handicap" ever is on top of the list of things to accomplish in 2016.

Yup. My guess is we see some Grandaddy Veterans return for a shot of claiming the title.

Hope this isn't true. If you had a shot and didn't get it done. Why should you go back? Should I be more active on the boards? Yeah, probably. Just because I don't post a whole lot doesn't mean I'm not active. I'm just not the type of person that likes to hear themselves talk. I know there are a few of us in NoCal that are very active on the boards and we have unofficial THP events so we can get together as a golfing community and spread the word of THP to others that have no idea that it even exists. I guess what I am trying to say in a very long winded way is: does having a ton of posts truly make you active within a community, or is some of it padding numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I know JB wants revenge on Chris, if I win the lotto and get to be a part of Team THP, I want at Johnny. I have egg on my face from the last time we played and taking on the best "10-handicap" ever is on top of the list of things to accomplish in 2016.

Lol the handicap thing made me laugh. Because he really is the worlds best 10 handicap

I totally agree with this.

As a member going to #TheGauntlet, I'm a little disappointed there isn't more talk going on in that thread. I do see a select few guys who are constantly posting about the work they are putting into their games and it's great, but with the number of people selected for that event, there should be much more buzz going on in that thread with the event with less than 60 days away.

With all the hard work that Callaway and THP are putting into these awesome events, can you imagine how disappointed they would be if there was no hype built going into #TheGauntlet, #TheCup or #TheFreakingGrandaddy?

Hey JB, just a thought...maybe for #TheGrandaddy, because of the nautre of the event, there should be some sort of contract that each participant needs to fulfill and put that as an event requirement (Post round updates with thoughts about the round, post event club reviews, etc). Yes, THP is an online forum, but they (THP and Callaway) are also providing forum members with the opportunity to be treated like a PGA pro. Just like a PGA pro that gets sponsored, they have to fulfill their sponsorship deals with being in the marketing campaigns and post round interviews (not a sponsorship requirement but a PGA tour requirement).

With all this being said, gotta work on my game tonight to represent at #TheGauntlet for #TeamStripeShow!!!

Having a requirement of posting and being involved in the forum is absurd. If you get in to an event, especially this one, you should be so freaking jacked up that you want to do nothing else than spread it all over the forum. Post, be active, be excited a f*cking hell that you get this opportunity.

Hope this isn't true. If you had a shot and didn't get it done. Why should you go back? Should I be more active on the boards? Yeah, probably. Just because I don't post a whole lot doesn't mean I'm not active. I'm just not the type of person that likes to hear themselves talk. I know there are a few of us in NoCal that are very active on the boards and we have unofficial THP events so we can get together as a golfing community and spread the word of THP to others that have no idea that it even exists. I guess what I am trying to say in a very long winded way is: does having a ton of posts truly make you active within a community, or is some of it padding numbers?

I've said it time after time, post count does not correlate to being active. At all.

Lol the handicap thing made me laugh. Because he really is the worlds best 10 handicap

oh believe me I know. He has game, there's a reason his team might three peat the gauntlet in AZ this year #sandbagger

What exactly is "getting it done"?

oh believe me I know. He has game, there's a reason his team might three peat the gauntlet in AZ this year #sandbagger

LOL, that ish is hilarious. Now, I really want to see how good the world's best 10 handicap plays!

Haha don't worry dude context is rough to get across on the interwebz. What were just trying to say is rarely does THP pick the participants for this event and even when they do, tenure or post count or anything like that means nothing.

Agreed!

For what it's worth, having followed the threads from last years Grandaddy, I think you did a hell of a job with your reviews and updates

Agreed!

For what it's worth, having followed the threads from last years Grandaddy, I think you did a hell of a job with your reviews and updates

Thanks dude. It's something I still take seriously and take pride in

LOL, that ish is hilarious. Now, I really want to see how good the world's best 10 handicap plays!

Oh believe me, it's a good show. Guy can talk the talk and walk the walk, make you smile and laugh and not worry about playing bad all the while handing you yours by the 15th hole. Pretty much just like the rest of the zoocrew.

Thanks dude. It's something I still take seriously and take pride in
And you know what's awesome...you can go back and read it anytime and just get that big ole grin.

I do not expect to be part of the team at all. If I do get picked it is an honour to represent THP

I will always follow when I can but with the time difference it can be difficult to join conversations especially when it moves into the afternoon for you guys which is the middle of the night for me

What exactly is "getting it done"?

Winning. If you were part of a Grandaddy team that lost you shouldn't go back. There are plenty of others that haven't had a chance and maybe their collective efforts would finally lead to a win.

Winning. If you were part of a Grandaddy team that lost you shouldn't go back. There are plenty of others that haven't had a chance and maybe their collective efforts would finally lead to a win.

So JB shouldn't be on this team?

One of the very few things I even think I know is this: sweating the details about who gets in and how does nothing to help your own chances.

#TheGrandaddy How can people not be excitited for this. I know I am!!

I think a couple of veterans getting in would be cool. Just so they can guide the newbies in the event.

So JB shouldn't be on this team?
Not worth it brotherman.

I'm going to try to get back in until the day I die. Mark that down.

I'm going to try to get back in until the day I die. Mark that down.

Me too. Except get in....and then get back in.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I'm out,good luck everyone, I'll be following along.

Back