TaylorMade M2 Fairway Wood Review Thread

Agree on the shaft even for me. I put a HZRDUS in it and now it's a rocket launcher

unlike my Titleist 915F, this 3 wood HL much easier to hit and gets ball up much higher...liking it so far.

I am thinking about putting in the Speeder 757 Evo TS. I will be using is from the tee more than the fairway myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anymore reviews on this? I am having trouble deciding between the M2 and the 816 DBD 3 woods.

Anymore reviews on this? I am having trouble deciding between the M2 and the 816 DBD 3 woods.

Testing side by side with an XR16 4W right now. Off tee both are straight, high launching reliable FW's. For me the deck is where I struggle more and I'm actually getting better results from the XR16 4W, by better results I mean that I'm launching the ball higher which is what I'm seeking. The M2 is straight and longer then average from deck shots but I tend to launch it lower which can hurt me on the shots I need this club for at home. The XR16 comes in softer due to the higher launch making it more reliable for me.

TaylorMade M2 Fairway Wood Review Thread

I tried the 3w at recent fitting and actually struggled hitting it too high and not getting enough distance. We were kinda rushed for time and so did not try other shafts besides the stock shaft. Based on comments above it would be interesting to try again with maybe a better shaft and me with a better swing than I brought that day. The two tone crown wasn't my favorite, I'm just biased toward solid colors but I gamed a Rocketballz stage 2 for few years and it didn't bother me when you blast it straight. It did not feel quite as jumpy off the face as some recent TM offerings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up the M2 3 wood this weekend at a demo day ahead of the tournament I was in.

Haven't used a 3 wood in years (though I game a 5 wood). I wanted some extra distance as the par 5's I was playing were unreachable in 2 without one.

I have a be to say, I quickly fell in love with this. It just screams off the face and was easy to hit off the deck.

Throughout the tourney, every shot I hit with this club resulted in a response of "wow" from the guys we were playing.

It was quite windy, and I was hitting this straight 230 into the win. I hit a baby draw 255 onto the green to be on in 2 on the courses longest par 5.... Out of the rough.

I still love my r11s TP 5 wood, but I often found myself disappointed I was too close to use my 3 wood.

Hats to TM on this one. Much like the M2 driver, I love it.

After 3 rounds with the new M2 3 (15*) metal wood, I'm lovin it. During today's 3rd round with it, I found the sweet spot stance position wise, and boy does this sucker hit it hard & straight. Just like it's big brother M2 10.5* driver that is the most solid feeling driver at impact I have ever played...............ever, this M2 3 metal is solid feeling at impact too. It's a good 10-15 yds. longer than the Big Bertha V-Series 3 metal it has replaced. I also recently purchased a couple weeks ago the M2 4 (22*) hybrid metal and it is as good as it's 2 big brothers. Very solid and good for 190 yds.

Last edited:
Back