2019 Big Bertha Hybrid vs Rogue hybrid

weemohack

Reaction score
Handicap
I haven't been able to hit the 2019 Big Bertha yet. I currently have a rogue (regular not X) in the 4 hybrid spot. I am thinking of going w/ a distance hybrid in the 3 spot. Might possibly replace my fairway wood. I am looking for distance and easy to hit. Stopping power on greens doesn't matter in this spot of the bag. I know there are huge threads on both here but I really never saw anyone who has hit both the Rogue and 2019 Big Bertha compare the two. Any thoughts from anyone who has hit both? Thanks

I've long been a fan of the Rogue Hybrids. They're firmly in the bag in the 3&4 spot and won't be moved...Probably ever haha.

Anyway. In February I hit the Rogue 2Hybrid and the fitter then handed the BB 3 Hybrid but we lofted it to be 17* since it does have adjustability. It was carrying further than the Rogue 2 hybrid.

I think it's a good idea if you're just wanting this for an option off the tee or long Par 5 second shots.

There is a lot of information on these hybrids, but I can add my 2 cents. I had the Rogues in the bag for a good part of last year. I was playing the P790s and went to 6 iron, then 5 Rogue hybo, then 3 Rogue hybo. Somehow, for me, that gapped quite well and got me out to 215 to 220. The Rogue hybrids are very solid.

I hit the 3 Big Bertha hybrid early this year, just after release. Of course the lofting is a bit different, but I think it was about 5 to 10 yards longer than the Rogue, when lofted the same. The Big Bertha is ultra forgiving, definitely more so than the Rogue. If you are looking for an ultra-long hybrid for the top end of your bag, it would be hard to beat. I don’t think I would want it for a 5 iron replacement, because the head is just too big to my eye and I am not sure that it gives the precision I would want. For me, the Big Bertha would be pretty interchangeable with a 5 wood and yet be more precise.

Back