We bought a Wii when our kids were about that age. It's been fine. We aren't big gamers by a long shot, actually prefer the kids to limit their screen time. I don't really know but my sense is the Wii may have fewer game options than the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
c4714288b675313d9e120e16eb83c012.jpg

This was 3.5 years ago but still gets me! I am a blessed man!!

So open question, we have a 7 year old and a 4 year old, would a Nintendo Wii, Xbox with Kinect or PS with PS move be best?

We were looking at games like Family Game Night and such that would be fun for all of us to play together, not hardcore gaming but just some fun here and there.
My son is 4 and has a hard time with the Kinect. It may be that he's too short and it's not picking all his moves up. So he gives up rather quickly.
c4714288b675313d9e120e16eb83c012.jpg

This was 3.5 years ago but still gets me! I am a blessed man!!
Cute kids.

My oldest daughter (who's almost 8) is not campaigning for her own room. Which I'm fine with, but her little sister/best friend (who's almost 6) is not going along with that. They've shared a room since day one, and the little one doesn't like the idea of being alone in a room by herself at this point.

Other bummer is, the room she wants to move into? That room currently holds an air hockey table, punching bag, treadmill and my golf clubs and extra balls....soooo, where am I going to put all of that now? :banghead:

My oldest daughter (who's almost 8) is not campaigning for her own room. Which I'm fine with, but her little sister/best friend (who's almost 6) is not going along with that. They've shared a room since day one, and the little one doesn't like the idea of being alone in a room by herself at this point.

Other bummer is, the room she wants to move into? That room currently holds an air hockey table, punching bag, treadmill and my golf clubs and extra balls....soooo, where am I going to put all of that now? :banghead:
That is tough one, I do not envy you and the choices you have to make. I always give in to my princess much to my son's displeasure

That is tough one, I do not envy you and the choices you have to make. I always give in to my princess much to my son's displeasure

That's the thing, I'm ok with it....but the room she wants honestly needs new carpet, some fresh paint and a better ceiling fan/light fixture combo. SOOOOO, I can play that card for a while and push this off until little sister is better prepared for the change. That's where I "worry" the most, that she'll (6 year old) end up really not liking the alone part and want to be with us in our bed because she's scared....for whatever reason. We just got passed that hurdle almost 2 years ago (other than thunderstorms).

So open question, we have a 7 year old and a 4 year old, would a Nintendo Wii, Xbox with Kinect or PS with PS move be best?

We were looking at games like Family Game Night and such that would be fun for all of us to play together, not hardcore gaming but just some fun here and there.

I passed my PS3 down to the kids, and they have enjoyed it a ton playing some of the various Lego games and Disney Infinity. Mine just use the standard controllers and they figure out everything very fast. Because kids are rough on everything, I would definitely suggest a used or pre-owned route and probably wouldn't suggest current gen with the accompanying price tag.

Kindergarten testing today for my son. We've got a special day planned for him afterwards. It's crazy to think he'll be starting school in the fall.

We have a 360 w/kinect and IMO it doesn't work very well. Hard to keep it picking up different size people and then also not picking up other non-players in the room. Now with that said I want to say I've read that the kinect on the XBONE is a better experience.

We also have a wii u but none of our games require the nunchucks. One think I like about the U is it has the game pad w/built in screen. Pick up an ac/dc converter for the car and it can be played as you travel down the road.

My two daughters are (almost) 6 and 8. We have an Xbox 360. I have the generic games that came with it, but I also have "Kinect Sports" and "Kinect Sports Season 2". We also have "Kinect Adventures", and recently we bought "Just Dance Disney 2" They both really enjoy the Dance game which they can play together. The Kinect Sports games both have a two player mode and a team game match. Adventures is more of a single player game, but is also a lot of fun. I was playing that just last night with my 6 year old. She loved the River Raft game and the Obstacle course game.

I know that the Xbox One's Kinect is WAY better than the 360, the entire system is, but you can get the 360 on the cheap right now and there games, too. Maybe invest in that and see if you all like it before shelling out for the big price of the Xbox One?

The wife and I just had some Easter pictures done with all 3 of our boys. Absolutely love our photographer.

Last weekend was my little girls 2nd birthday and man was my wife in her get the hell out of the way and let me work zone. She scared me with a couple looks, and when someone else tried setting up in the area we rented I thought she was going to go Ronda Rousey on them.

efdaf365a9ba84f4da602b94c5722ca6.jpg

We had a big get together at breakfast this morning.

Wife's trying to get the baby to sleep and this is what she is getting right now. I know my wife is tired but how do you complain about sleep when looking at this doll
uploadfromtaptalk1458964778686.jpg

Adorable dude. So totally adorable.

I tried leaving the kids alone at home for the first time ever today - 15 minutes while I ran to the post office. When I got home my 9 year old daughter told me it was fun but I'd get mad at her next time when she and her brother threw a party while we were gone.

...and in an hour my little girl is going to get her ears pierced.

Parenting Thread

Man I haven't paced that much since the day in the delivery room. She didn't even shed a tear so proud of my little girl.

Parenting Thread

My youngest started Soccer today..... I couldn't be more proud of him.

fe20be76c2aa769d69aad0bed8f9fda5.jpg

Jax had his 6th birthday party today at the bowling alley and had some buddies from his school come. He had a blast!
e3487999cf962071f6a3434d882f617b.jpg

The kid were eager to go to bed in anticipation of the easter bunny visiting tomorrow morning. My 7 year old wanted me to call the easter bunny and make sure he was still planning on stopping by!

The kid were eager to go to bed in anticipation of the easter bunny visiting tomorrow morning. My 7 year old wanted me to call the easter bunny and make sure he was still planning on stopping by!

My 10yo told us the other day that he knows we're the Easter bunny. My wife and I tried to play it off, but he flat out said he found the receipts from the stuff he got last Easter when he was getting the baskets and decorations out.

Oops...

My son (11) is still on board, this is probably the last year though as 5th/6th grade seems to be where they find out. It was fun while it lasted.

So does anyone else put things other than candy in the kids Easter baskets? Seems like the Easter bunny has become part Santa Claus in some cases.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Back