Callaway Apex UT Utility Iron

Get some gel remover and let it soak Dan. Looks like some forms of bonding residue.

Oh my good golf God I love this club.
Agree. Love the feedback of the club and been able to hit some good shots with the limited amounts of swings

Oh my good golf God I love this club.
I have the Tour Vs in my irons, and a Recoil in my UT. I've often thought about going with the Tour V instead, are you seeing a high flight?

I have the Tour Vs in my irons, and a Recoil in my UT. I've often thought about going with the Tour V instead, are you seeing a high flight?
Not at all. I can flight it relatively easily but I'd say it's a neutral mid flight for me. Tour V is just too good.

Callaway Apex UT Utility Iron

I need to look into the 24* to replace my 5 iron on days when my swing speed drops.

What do you love most about it Dan?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
It's stupid easy to hit. I've got the 21 degree in the bag and it's maybe a touch longer than I'd expect a 4 iron to be, but had the ability to be a bit more aggressive or thrown up into the air to cut some distance down.

I hit it six times and every single shot was played how I want to. Turf interaction is just about perfect for the profile. Launch is mid but I can easily drop it a few degrees with a draw which I did a few times.

Wow. Didnt hear back from CPO about the weird stuff on the face but decided I didn't want to wait to hit it. Very glad I put it in the bag and plan to get more.

Yea I feel the same I have the 18* for off the tee then bought a 24* because of how awesome it is.

All of us can't hit it as pure as Mr Dan Dan! But yes, it's such a great utility option.
Haha, I'm eager to hit one I don't like so I can make a judgement against it vs a 4 iron or higher lofted hybrid. It just seemed incredibly simple off the face and even the less than perfect swings brought on useful draws.

I love that at 215 I'm comfortable again.

Haha, I'm eager to hit one I don't like so I can make a judgement against it vs a 4 iron or higher lofted hybrid. It just seemed incredibly simple off the face and even the less than perfect swings brought on useful draws.

I'm still amazed how easy it is to get airborne. Silly simple.

So glad I switch my Razr MB 4 iron for the 24*

I'm still amazed how easy it is to get airborne. Silly simple.
Yes!!! And with the right shaft pairing, how efficient it can be in flight. I was so pleased to see my tour v as a stock option although at that loft and length I did wonder a bit about stability.

Well, that didn't take long. 24* headed my way... Hopefully this time a lot more 'like new' hahaha

Cannot wait. Not all that worried about the gapping at all.

I'm definitely interested in what the difference between this and a 4 iron. I've been contemplating switching out my xr pro 4 iron for awhile and am unsure if I want to go with this or a hybrid.

I'm definitely interested in what the difference between this and a 4 iron. I've been contemplating switching out my xr pro 4 iron for awhile and am unsure if I want to go with this or a hybrid.

I bet it'd be a nice transition... A lot of people see 21 and immediately think 3 iron replacement but it's just not the case anymore. The Apex 21 puts a nice 4* gap between it and my 5 iron, and your XR Pro 4 iron is actually 21.5 anyways... Not exactly a jump.

After hitting this a bunch today, I was nearly certain the 18* would be a for sure acquisition as well, but I do hit my Alpha hybird quite well, and am not sure that at 18 it loses the value that a hollowed out iron portrays. Should be interesting to see what yougo with!

I bet it'd be a nice transition... A lot of people see 21 and immediately think 3 iron replacement but it's just not the case anymore. The Apex 21 puts a nice 4* gap between it and my 5 iron, and your XR Pro 4 iron is actually 21.5 anyways... Not exactly a jump.

After hitting this a bunch today, I was nearly certain the 18* would be a for sure acquisition as well, but I do hit my Alpha hybird quite well, and am not sure that at 18 it loses the value that a hollowed out iron portrays. Should be interesting to see what yougo with!

Do you find the ut to be more forgiving than a long iron? Do you hit this higher?

With my set 4 iron I struggle to hold greens with it unless I hit a pretty good cut. So I guess what I'm looking for is something that allows me to hit into greens with slightly more stopping power like a hybrid. But still allow me to hit low running shots which is what I'm able to hit with a 4 iron but struggle to do with a hybrid.

Do you find the ut to be more forgiving than a long iron? Do you hit this higher?

With my set 4 iron I struggle to hold greens with it unless I hit a pretty good cut. So I guess what I'm looking for is something that allows me to hit into greens with slightly more stopping power like a hybrid. But still allow me to hit low running shots which is what I'm able to hit with a 4 iron but struggle to do with a hybrid.

Yes, definitely more forgiving -- But the iron profile I play is not really comparable.

The advantages of the UT for me are the wider sole, the hollow body design that allows for some movement across the face, and a genuine understanding that it's a bridge between an iron and a hybrid and should be approached that way when swinging. Not way down on the ball, just smooth and through.

At the end of the day, I'm talking about clubs factoring at the 195-210 range, and at that number if I can find a club that hits straight'ish with almost full distance every time, I'm going to be pleased with the results. Today, that was the Apex UT in a nutshell.

Yes, definitely more forgiving -- But the iron profile I play is not really comparable.

The advantages of the UT for me are the wider sole, the hollow body design that allows for some movement across the face, and a genuine understanding that it's a bridge between an iron and a hybrid and should be approached that way when swinging. Not way down on the ball, just smooth and through.

At the end of the day, I'm talking about clubs factoring at the 195-210 range, and at that number if I can find a club that hits straight'ish with almost full distance every time, I'm going to be pleased with the results. Today, that was the Apex UT in a nutshell.

Thanks for your thoughts with the prices on cpo I think that this is definitely worth a shot.

Thanks for your thoughts with the prices on cpo I think that this is definitely worth a shot.

Check out their prices on eBay. I paid something like 75 for the 21, and 85 for the 24. I added a hat to one order and a few dawn patrol gloves to the other order because it's free shipping over 100.

I love their prices. Sometimes tehy are absolutely unreal.

Hearing all the talk about this makes me wish they made a 27*. It would be in the ASAP if available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24* arrived in the mail today. Going to be using these this weekend to see how much stronger my long iron game will be.

I think 22/25 would have been the perfect gapping, but it's really not a huge concern with my 6 iron at 28*

Back