Lob wedge from the sand - MD3 W, SM6 K or Glide ES?

crazygolfnut

Let's have fun out there!
Reaction score
Handicap
I am thinking about changing out my 60 degree wedge to a wedge with a wider sole that I would use mostly out of the bunker. I am considering the Callaway MD3 W, Ping Glide ES or Vokey K. Is there really that much difference between these?

PM grind 64 is automatic out of greenside bunkers, takes some getting used to looks wise and I imagine the 60 is just as good.

md3 60w should be banned by the usga because it's basically cheating. so easy

I started to write this same response. I love the look. It comes out soft and high with pretty nice spin.. Touche
PM grind 64 is automatic out of greenside bunkers, takes some getting used to looks wise and I imagine the 60 is just as good.

I think tah covers it!

For me the Vokey "K" grind 60* is virtually automatic.

I suck out of the bunker but the pm grind 64 makes me a lot less sucky. It is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really can't go wrong with the vokey or MD3. They are both phenomenal wedges. It just came down to look and feel for me. Both great options. Never touched a ping glide wedge so can not comment on those.

PM grind get my vote. Wedge has been so easy to hit. Love it.

Thanks for all your input. looks like most are in favor of either the PM or the K.

Big fan of the SM6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I play a 58* glide glide wedge from the sand and love it

I have the best results from the PM grind out of the sand and higher grass.

Thanks for all your input. looks like most are in favor of either the PM or the K.

have you held the pm grind in person? it's a very different animal.

I have the Mack Daddy PM grind 60* and it's like cheating using it out of green side bunkers. It's as close to automatic as you can get with a golf club.

wedges are just as personal as putters are. Tough to get a consensus on it. I absolutely love my MD3 60W from bunkers

Md3 54w, pm grind 60 are so good out of bunkers! Haven't tested vokey k grind

Vokey 60k gets another vote. I use my 54 for everything else around the green and just use the 60k for bunkers and think rough. Thing is super easy to use.

There is only one wedge that is automatic out of the sand. It's big, it's ugly, but dang it works. I am pretty sure my wife could get out of the sand in one try with it and she's never swung a club.

The magnificent Smart Sole.

P_00003374_4IB0R5GTK_g.jpg

Can't miss out of bunkers with this one
taylormade-tp-wedge-atv-sole_300x300.jpg

Another vote for the PM grind.

For those of you using a 64, are you even opening the face in the bunkers?

I love my PM Grind, but the MD3 W is pretty solid as well. I don't think any of them is a bad option. Good technique will get you good results with any of them.

Back