ClubCorp
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 439

Thread: The 2019 THP Bridgestone Championship Travel and Extra Rounds Thread

  1. #16
    Amateur Hoosiermess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    222
    Member
    52288
    Handicap
    25
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    77
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    203
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Akron09 View Post
    OH WOW!!!!!!!!! This is my first THP Event... Not sure how to react - didn't expect to win considering the $499 price tag... haha! I know that the experience will be fun and everyone says these events are well worth their cost.
    Same boat, I have no real idea what to expect but based on the other events I've followed we will all have a great time. I can't wait to meet you all!

  2. #17
    Amateur Hoosiermess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    222
    Member
    52288
    Handicap
    25
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    77
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    203
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PKorf View Post
    the only thing i can say is....i would assume the itnerary will dictate alot. AKA....friday need to be somewhewre for dinner or meet n greet at a certain time etc.

    if people are interested in extra round Thursday / Friday AM.....Monday......i can accommodate everything
    Thank you for all your help, it's good to have a veteran on board to try and keep all of us rookies in line :)

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosiermess For This Useful Post:

    PKorf (05-03-2019)

  4. #18
    Major Champion Vortex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,773
    Member
    36098
    Handicap
    10ish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,356
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,525
    Thanked in
    1,728 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PKorf View Post
    So......who isn’t from the general area? Who will need to be flying in? Assuming most will be driving......

    I have a few connections locally at decent hotels and will try and get us a really competitive rate if all are ok with splitting cost of rooms etc


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fly: 80% chance. Drive: 20% chance.
    Driver: G400 SFT, 10*
    Fairway: Rogue 3W
    Hybrids: Rogue X 3 & Rogue 4
    Irons: Apex CF16, 5-AW
    Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1, 50*, 56*, and 60*
    Putter: O-Works Red Marxman
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX

    2019 Bridgestone Championship at Firestone Country Club

  5. #19
    HOF Tag Huntin' PKorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    12,780
    Member
    38677
    Handicap
    0-10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,658
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10,053
    Thanked in
    4,755 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Fly: 80% chance. Drive: 20% chance.
    Where from again?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Championship Participant @ Firestone CC
    Epic SZ w/ Tour AD di 7X Orange/white
    Rogue 3W w/EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5
    KING F8 2Hyb w/ES SW 780 SmacWrap Black S-Tipped 1/2"
    KING UT 4I w/ CTaper Lite Stiff
    KING Pro-Black 5,6CB / 7,PWMB w/CTaper Lite Stiff
    TourB XW-1 52/08, 56/10, 60/10 wedges w/
    Pro Platinum 2.5
    2019 Championship Participant @ Firestone CC

    Member of TEAM HACKERS in the 2018 MORGAN CUP - P4B "miss you brother"

  6. #20
    Major Champion Vortex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,773
    Member
    36098
    Handicap
    10ish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,356
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,525
    Thanked in
    1,728 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PKorf View Post
    Where from again?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just checked and it's a 12 hour drive which isn't happening. Flying from MSP.
    Driver: G400 SFT, 10*
    Fairway: Rogue 3W
    Hybrids: Rogue X 3 & Rogue 4
    Irons: Apex CF16, 5-AW
    Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1, 50*, 56*, and 60*
    Putter: O-Works Red Marxman
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX

    2019 Bridgestone Championship at Firestone Country Club

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vortex For This Useful Post:

    PKorf (05-03-2019)

  8. #21
    HOF Tag Huntin' PKorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    12,780
    Member
    38677
    Handicap
    0-10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,658
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10,053
    Thanked in
    4,755 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Just checked and it's a 12 hour drive which isn't happening. Flying from MSP.
    Delta youíll get a direct flight no problem. I believe thereís another guy from Minnesota no? I make that flight quite a bit. Pretty easy direct to Cleveland.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Championship Participant @ Firestone CC
    Epic SZ w/ Tour AD di 7X Orange/white
    Rogue 3W w/EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5
    KING F8 2Hyb w/ES SW 780 SmacWrap Black S-Tipped 1/2"
    KING UT 4I w/ CTaper Lite Stiff
    KING Pro-Black 5,6CB / 7,PWMB w/CTaper Lite Stiff
    TourB XW-1 52/08, 56/10, 60/10 wedges w/
    Pro Platinum 2.5
    2019 Championship Participant @ Firestone CC

    Member of TEAM HACKERS in the 2018 MORGAN CUP - P4B "miss you brother"

  9. #22
    Major Champion Vortex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,773
    Member
    36098
    Handicap
    10ish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,356
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,525
    Thanked in
    1,728 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PKorf View Post
    Delta you’ll get a direct flight no problem. I believe there’s another guy from Minnesota no? I make that flight quite a bit. Pretty easy direct to Cleveland.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have some Delta credits to burn before the end of this year. BTW, many thanks for offering to help organize lodging.
    Driver: G400 SFT, 10*
    Fairway: Rogue 3W
    Hybrids: Rogue X 3 & Rogue 4
    Irons: Apex CF16, 5-AW
    Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1, 50*, 56*, and 60*
    Putter: O-Works Red Marxman
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX

    2019 Bridgestone Championship at Firestone Country Club

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Vortex For This Useful Post:

    PKorf (05-03-2019)

  11. #23
    Mini Tour Player djt311's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    532
    Member
    43172
    Handicap
    ??
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    87
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    356
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    I will be flying in from Minneapolis don't want to drive almost 12 hours. Right now will be requesting time off from Thursday July 11th to Monday July15th. May fly out late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning. So i will be open to extra rounds. As far as lodging I am open to whatever. Will probably fly in to Cleveland and rent a car if needed.

    This will also be my first official THP event and looking forward to it.

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    2019 Championship Participant @ Firestone CC

    Driver: 2016 Callaway XR16 10.5*
    3W: 2016 Callaway XR16 15*
    3 Hybrid: SLDR 19*
    Irons: 2019 Callaway Apex Irons 4-AW
    Wedges: Mack Daddy 3 56* S grind and 60* W grind
    Putter: TFI 2135 1.0

    Testing Wedges: XW-1 50, 54, 58

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to djt311 For This Useful Post:

    PKorf (05-03-2019)

  13. #24
    Mini Tour Player djt311's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    532
    Member
    43172
    Handicap
    ??
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    87
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    356
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PKorf View Post
    Delta youíll get a direct flight no problem. I believe thereís another guy from Minnesota no? I make that flight quite a bit. Pretty easy direct to Cleveland.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I will be flying out of Minneapolis as well have American miles to burn but have not looked in to flights just yet

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    2019 Championship Participant @ Firestone CC

    Driver: 2016 Callaway XR16 10.5*
    3W: 2016 Callaway XR16 15*
    3 Hybrid: SLDR 19*
    Irons: 2019 Callaway Apex Irons 4-AW
    Wedges: Mack Daddy 3 56* S grind and 60* W grind
    Putter: TFI 2135 1.0

    Testing Wedges: XW-1 50, 54, 58

  14. #25
    Major Champion Vortex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    3,773
    Member
    36098
    Handicap
    10ish
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2,356
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,525
    Thanked in
    1,728 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djt311 View Post
    I will be flying in from Minneapolis don't want to drive almost 12 hours. Right now will be requesting time off from Thursday July 11th to Monday July15th. May fly out late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning. So i will be open to extra rounds. As far as lodging I am open to whatever. Will probably fly in to Cleveland and rent a car if needed.

    This will also be my first official THP event and looking forward to it.

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Haven't worked out the details but planning something very similar.
    Driver: G400 SFT, 10*
    Fairway: Rogue 3W
    Hybrids: Rogue X 3 & Rogue 4
    Irons: Apex CF16, 5-AW
    Wedges: Bridgestone Tour B XW-1, 50*, 56*, and 60*
    Putter: O-Works Red Marxman
    Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX

    2019 Bridgestone Championship at Firestone Country Club

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Vortex For This Useful Post:

    PKorf (05-03-2019)

  16. #26
    HOF Tag Huntin' PKorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    12,780
    Member
    38677
    Handicap
    0-10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,658
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10,053
    Thanked in
    4,755 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djt311 View Post
    I will be flying in from Minneapolis don't want to drive almost 12 hours. Right now will be requesting time off from Thursday July 11th to Monday July15th. May fly out late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning. So i will be open to extra rounds. As far as lodging I am open to whatever. Will probably fly in to Cleveland and rent a car if needed.

    This will also be my first official THP event and looking forward to it.

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Too bad we wonít have the time but the Indians host the twins this exact weekend downtown


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Championship Participant @ Firestone CC
    Epic SZ w/ Tour AD di 7X Orange/white
    Rogue 3W w/EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5
    KING F8 2Hyb w/ES SW 780 SmacWrap Black S-Tipped 1/2"
    KING UT 4I w/ CTaper Lite Stiff
    KING Pro-Black 5,6CB / 7,PWMB w/CTaper Lite Stiff
    TourB XW-1 52/08, 56/10, 60/10 wedges w/
    Pro Platinum 2.5
    2019 Championship Participant @ Firestone CC

    Member of TEAM HACKERS in the 2018 MORGAN CUP - P4B "miss you brother"

  17. #27
    Mini Tour Player djt311's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    532
    Member
    43172
    Handicap
    ??
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    87
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    356
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PKorf View Post
    Too bad we wonít have the time but the Indians host the twins this exact weekend downtown


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dang that would have been sweet to see but I am sure this event will keep my mind off of missing that

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    2019 Championship Participant @ Firestone CC

    Driver: 2016 Callaway XR16 10.5*
    3W: 2016 Callaway XR16 15*
    3 Hybrid: SLDR 19*
    Irons: 2019 Callaway Apex Irons 4-AW
    Wedges: Mack Daddy 3 56* S grind and 60* W grind
    Putter: TFI 2135 1.0

    Testing Wedges: XW-1 50, 54, 58

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to djt311 For This Useful Post:

    PKorf (05-03-2019)

  19. #28
    Follow @THPGolf JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the THP Tour Van Takes Us!
    Posts
    179,816
    Member
    3
    Handicap
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    19,563
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    346,485
    Thanked in
    66,023 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PKorf View Post
    Too bad we won’t have the time but the Indians host the twins this exact weekend downtown


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We are talking about the awesomeness of THP Events, no reason to spoil it with baseball conversation of boring.
    In my 2018 #TheGrandaddy THP Event Bag

    Driver:
    Epic Flash w/ Helium Shaft 45"
    Driver 2: XXIO Prime w/
    Custom THP HZRDUS Shaft 43.5"
    Fairway Wood:
    JGR
    Hybrids:
    Launcher HB
    Irons: Apex 19 w/ Recoil Proto 95
    Wedges:
    CBX 50* and RTX-4 56* & 60* PM Grind 19
    Putter:
    #7S
    Balls:
    Chrome Soft X

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JB For This Useful Post:

    2BFAST (05-03-2019), dazeedmonds (05-03-2019), PKorf (05-03-2019)

  21. #29
    HOF Tag Huntin' PKorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    12,780
    Member
    38677
    Handicap
    0-10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,658
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10,053
    Thanked in
    4,755 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djt311 View Post
    Dang that would have been sweet to see but I am sure this event will keep my mind off of missing that

    Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    Yes it most certainly will. Iím certain if those flying in come in on Wednesday night or Thursday morning we can get some fun times in before everything starts up in Akron


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Championship Participant @ Firestone CC
    Epic SZ w/ Tour AD di 7X Orange/white
    Rogue 3W w/EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5
    KING F8 2Hyb w/ES SW 780 SmacWrap Black S-Tipped 1/2"
    KING UT 4I w/ CTaper Lite Stiff
    KING Pro-Black 5,6CB / 7,PWMB w/CTaper Lite Stiff
    TourB XW-1 52/08, 56/10, 60/10 wedges w/
    Pro Platinum 2.5
    2019 Championship Participant @ Firestone CC

    Member of TEAM HACKERS in the 2018 MORGAN CUP - P4B "miss you brother"

  22. #30
    HOF Tag Huntin' PKorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Posts
    12,780
    Member
    38677
    Handicap
    0-10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    7,658
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10,053
    Thanked in
    4,755 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    We are talking about the awesomeness of THP Events, no reason to spoil it with baseball conversation of boring.
    Hahaha itís relevant....kinda.

    As mentioned above.....logistically, NOONE is going to want to even accidentally be late for anything on this agenda. So, Iím suggesting everyone stay in the hotel unless within a 10-15 minute drive to Firestone


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Championship Participant @ Firestone CC
    Epic SZ w/ Tour AD di 7X Orange/white
    Rogue 3W w/EvenFlow Blue 75 6.5
    KING F8 2Hyb w/ES SW 780 SmacWrap Black S-Tipped 1/2"
    KING UT 4I w/ CTaper Lite Stiff
    KING Pro-Black 5,6CB / 7,PWMB w/CTaper Lite Stiff
    TourB XW-1 52/08, 56/10, 60/10 wedges w/
    Pro Platinum 2.5
    2019 Championship Participant @ Firestone CC

    Member of TEAM HACKERS in the 2018 MORGAN CUP - P4B "miss you brother"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •