I had some angels Envy last night no water just a couple spheres. man I love bourbon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was a delight. 94 proof. Complex. Completely different from neat, to a bit of water, to ice. Great small company Whiskey

A great choice from CO, been there locally, great stuff.

7e51d62bc9b13f1171b378bb953c4f91.jpg

Got a new one to try this weekend. :)

Let us know how that is. Looks very interesting

Wild turkey Kentucky spirit.

This stuff is phenomenal.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Guess I should add this to my list to pick up.

Yah reading reviews they seem to be mixed but I find it extremely smooth, especially for 101 proof. It's not s super bold whiskey like an Elijah Craig or makers mark but I think it's phenomenal especially for the price. You can definitely tell it's a single barrel.

It's been so long since I've had wild turkey now I need to pick up some Russell's reserve as well.

I like Russell's reserve

I had some angels Envy last night no water just a couple spheres. man I love bourbon.

Good choice!

I've been laying off the sauce recently, but had a couple different whiskies last night out at dinner. I typically stick with bourbon, but these were so good I may need to branch
out. glenmorangie quinta ruban is a single malt distilled in port barrels and was probably the smoothest scotch I've ever had. And Redbreast, which is an Irish whiskey is fairly well known, but I had never tried it. It lives up to its reputation. I had both neat.

Whiskey Thread

This contributed a good bit to the headache I woke up with this morning:
f408917888491f9683d165b5285fce07.jpg

I've been laying off the sauce recently, but had a couple different whiskies last night out at dinner. I typically stick with bourbon, but these were so good I may need to branch
out. glenmorangie quinta ruban is a single malt distilled in port barrels and was probably the smoothest scotch I've ever had. And Redbreast, which is an Irish whiskey is fairly well known, but I had never tried it. It lives up to its reputation. I had both neat.
I love redbreast.

I love redbreast.

It instantly unseated Midleton as my favorite irish whiskey.

I will get a bottle in the immediate future.

It instantly unseated Midleton as my favorite irish whiskey.

I will get a bottle in the immediate future.
Other than Bushmills 21 which is too expensive and hard to get it my favorite Irish.

Never drank Jack much and then read a thing about Frank Sinatra and Jack Daniels and had to have it. Starting to really like Jack now. Have a bottle of Gentleman Jack and Jack Daniels Single Barrel in the collection

Never drank Jack much and then read a thing about Frank Sinatra and Jack Daniels and had to have it. Starting to really like Jack now. Have a bottle of Gentleman Jack and Jack Daniels Single Barrel in the collection

The frank version is really really good. Tough to find but when you do, oh man. Heck of a beverage to enjoy.

The frank version is really really good. Tough to find but when you do, oh man. Heck of a beverage to enjoy.

It's really expensive

I've been drinking Crown Royal Northern Harvest lately and I'm pretty impressed with it. For $40, it's a solid bottle - maybe not world beating like Jim Murray says, but definitely drinkable.

After some research on various bourbon forums (i've been cheating on THP) I decided to try to make my own house blend. Vatting is the proper term and I mixed equal parts of these three bourbons.
IMG_20160503_162811030.jpg

It turned out as planned. Big flavor and some heat from the Old Granddad, oak and vanilla from the Makers 46, and sweet fruitiness from the Buffalo Trace. The best thing is it comes out to $28/bottle and is better than the single bottles alone.

How is that old grandad?

I like the other two you got there

How is that old grandad?

I like the other two you got there

Old Grandad Bonded is one of the best $25 bottles I've ever had

Even though I have been in Colorado for six years, I am originally from Kentucky. Bourbon is my go-to drink.

My favorite is Woodford Reserve. Great stuff for sure. I typically like to make whiskey sours as I don't enjoy it totally straight. My whiskey sour is basically bourbon with a splash of some cheap lemonade.

I also like Basil Hayden and 1792. I usually keep a big bottle of Jim Bean around for just some casual drinking. For the price it is not that bad.

6ad0af8a3d7889821c804b1c279f26e4.jpg

3692aa284fb63fe57325840b20c9cfbc.jpg

Found some late 70s bourbon cleaning out my grandparents house. Sold this old grandad for$ 250. $$$$$

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

After some research on various bourbon forums (i've been cheating on THP) I decided to try to make my own house blend. Vatting is the proper term and I mixed equal parts of these three bourbons.
IMG_20160503_162811030.jpg

It turned out as planned. Big flavor and some heat from the Old Granddad, oak and vanilla from the Makers 46, and sweet fruitiness from the Buffalo Trace. The best thing is it comes out to $28/bottle and is better than the single bottles alone.

How many bottles did you get out of that batch! And that sounds like a great idea!

Wife and I took the tasting tour of the JD distillery today. Definitely worth the short drive from Nashville.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I've been on the lookout for months for a bottle of Elmer T. Lee bourbon. It is very hard to find. Well, my favorite store finally got a few bottles in, and much to my shock, it is priced at $99 per bottle. This is bourbon that historically sold in he $30-$40 dollar range. I guess Florida has no price controls on liquor like some state. It is a very good single barrel, but, there are as good or better bourbons IMO that are better buys and less dear.

I've been on the lookout for months for a bottle of Elmer T. Lee bourbon. It is very hard to find. Well, my favorite store finally got a few bottles in, and much to my shock, it is priced at $99 per bottle. This is bourbon that historically sold in he $30-$40 dollar range. I guess Florida has no price controls on liquor like some state. It is a very good single barrel, but, there are as good or better bourbons IMO that are better buys and less dear.

Up here it's like $40. If you want me to get one for you, let me know. I love ETL

Back