Are you a twin or do you have twin boys or girls?

shanewu

@shaneb0t
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
TheCrest4 has posted a few times mentioning his twin boys and another THPer mentioned his twin boys as well, so it got me curious if there are many members who are twins or who have spawned twins. :D

I am a twin. My brother and I grew up playing tennis together, including doubles of course! I started playing golf regularly 4-5 years ago, but my dad and I can't get my brother to join us. He still plays tennis in recreational leagues and isn't ready to make the switch. Ironically, he somehow got golfer's elbow recently and not tennis elbow! He didn't believe me that it is a sign.

Anyway, if you are a twin or other multiple or have children who are, I'd love to hear about it.

My first two children are fraternal twins. Awesome kids growing up and amazing young adults today.

jSS410Hnxad5xKFeV7FhEJtylknpF8BlSExSXn1h9OgFUdnIgVR8VuDi1lhJuW-DBamYfNsguwo2h14bq-fReIWRe-yu5jTI-6M9ABhZVQMH9dVOAz-h3lmSqN1CQjkufVhUUkV1sfuWKVdqmPWMDJxGFeZq6sI4-8OyuODx5t5Aq8i-eGKgCLF-d8QzcUqKhJ4bi40pqjE6RCSVTZs-f525yKHGyx4f8_1O5aI7oPK0EHskaECMm98vbBhZcUclHC8Wtwmbl3G8l41M7OpoqUFIWyq-b_zVECFNDjfEtyUnytoIw2_9PlQdRUUb5HFB7tIK2LN3YacBpSFPIOFQbCkMRIU9Pi8dfFgQ7gPsK4Z36QnMGZjS8e8MVQt-uIfRyUkLyHE7Crdwwmv_g_0R4xEEX2T7gsCt34YJqV_aTJ32zZyjf1qcK6ZzkamNl9BwF66uukTCXpeHD8n0DJQ5FHd5FkaV_-rVpj7Qh_01aqXVXO6xYTSUHHe76qFTpxabfjtnHVkFY0DbdOvSVCSeZkLlmzaNmlOa90HnTFoAhVyIn9ai1e4WIXzzoU-UUQkqDlD4=w619-h643-no

hWoBbK3KUZysIPeUeXG084SSYWR5816VxsafCCxusSnHk8OH1paWaNRmsozSkuqgsCAV8K4mYl7rvFEdDyFhtfbKovx0qyVvzDQijJwyGoDla_0hyCk2UFGd73G4kWAarNG_TBJyPSP9RhslhCbudLybnuyLpKL1sw_9XLLHj5ElAxKcMd14HUwVNpUmM1AXxe59IWUoY7qEyhtktLBZIzSNCLKjElaDNgI9hAb3WPsDYB0Qh0SB5WPfHJi-5Tswo-DZ1_SJ3EPdZh_rqBrmwC_T8QAKOrokSQapkil_KYrJkK_ZtMHk8uHWPrNNRmDsU1x3RxKXd5iLOoNe7WL4hD9vW1A5L2q-g7MRMfUFU1Hs7wnPqdnNOMDHEadWRRsqR8pdJvvNt9wTBsKFR0-cCbRu-VT1vHRQ6DRwO_yxpvyX-5HaU6EsqLKbnhCy6P53RxCT7GvLnYGua03m0RpepZJuGD3Me4dEr1GWJe2zoKtAGIOLnOjuFFzS16JmIeCeB0V3Q548z8TX_1huTb15uR-2VNaCxufES0-60k1mRsFfzWbJdKSypCYdCvpXt2pXzOWE=w858-h643-no

Isaid it in another post, enjoy everyday with them, time seems to go by twice as fast with twins.

My brothers are identical twins. Friends of the family would do the most bizarre things to try and tell them apart. My parents would put one in red and one in blue most often so they could tell them apart. Unfortunately they are joined at the hip and each others worst enemy and have zero independence. It's kinda sad.

My first two children are fraternal twins. Awesome kids growing up and amazing young adults today.

hWoBbK3KUZysIPeUeXG084SSYWR5816VxsafCCxusSnHk8OH1paWaNRmsozSkuqgsCAV8K4mYl7rvFEdDyFhtfbKovx0qyVvzDQijJwyGoDla_0hyCk2UFGd73G4kWAarNG_TBJyPSP9RhslhCbudLybnuyLpKL1sw_9XLLHj5ElAxKcMd14HUwVNpUmM1AXxe59IWUoY7qEyhtktLBZIzSNCLKjElaDNgI9hAb3WPsDYB0Qh0SB5WPfHJi-5Tswo-DZ1_SJ3EPdZh_rqBrmwC_T8QAKOrokSQapkil_KYrJkK_ZtMHk8uHWPrNNRmDsU1x3RxKXd5iLOoNe7WL4hD9vW1A5L2q-g7MRMfUFU1Hs7wnPqdnNOMDHEadWRRsqR8pdJvvNt9wTBsKFR0-cCbRu-VT1vHRQ6DRwO_yxpvyX-5HaU6EsqLKbnhCy6P53RxCT7GvLnYGua03m0RpepZJuGD3Me4dEr1GWJe2zoKtAGIOLnOjuFFzS16JmIeCeB0V3Q548z8TX_1huTb15uR-2VNaCxufES0-60k1mRsFfzWbJdKSypCYdCvpXt2pXzOWE=w858-h643-no

Isaid it in another post, enjoy everyday with them, time seems to go by twice as fast with twins.
Very cool. You can definitely see the resemblance.

My bro and I are lucky to have great parents that we like to spend time with too. We are their only kids though. They had us pretty young. Fortunately my mom was wise enough at 16 to realize she couldn't be a little girl anymore and had to be a woman and mother as she waited on the operating table for a c-section. She was amazing then and is amazing now.

My brothers are identical twins. Friends of the family would do the most bizarre things to try and tell them apart. My parents would put one in red and one in blue most often so they could tell them apart. Unfortunately they are joined at the hip and each others worst enemy and have zero independence. It's kinda sad.
It was always interesting in school to hear about people's ways of trying to tell us apart: location of moles, hair, personality, smile, whatever. Some people don't even try though. After we were born, we were baby A and baby B because they hadn't finalized names yet; they even painted one of our toenails to keep up straight.

I've often wondered what it's like for siblings of twins. My bro and I shared a room through high school, which I think fueled our competitive sides and probably made us more selfish unfortunately. We have never been enemies though thankfully.

How old are your brothers?

I have twins sons, both musicians within Manhattan, NY ... they are 33 ... while technically not identical they look just alike ... same height, hair color, etc ...

I used to call them Pete and Repete

I have twins sons, both musicians within Manhattan, NY ... they are 33 ... while technically not identical they look just alike ... same height, hair color, etc ...

I used to call them Pete and Repete
lol, I've heard that one. So are they fraternal? Did they grow up with similar interests and friends? Play same instruments?

my bro and I are half identical (google it) but we just say identical to most people for simplicity sake.

My mom's a twin and my someday wife's (not official yet but soon) mom is a twin, both identical and left handed. So I've come to terms that Ill probably have them too someday.

I'm a twin (identical) and I have boy/girl twins. I'm always surprised by how many people ask if my twins are identical (refer to boy/girl comment above...)
Mine just turned 8 and got their first set of clubs this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only relate to the OP in that my grandmother and great aunt are twins; and a year and a half ago I developed tennis elbow from playing golf not tennis.

greggdrews, o'carroll & fupresti popped into my head for some reason when I saw this thread.

The Bash Brothers are 15 month old fraternal twins. They look very much alike and people sometimes do not believe they are fraternal.

Almost everytime we go out in public someone asks us if they are twins. I have tried to come up with a ridiculous story to tell them just to see the reaction but haven't ever settled on one.

These are my first 2 kids so I have no idea what it is like to just have one.

I have a twin sister. And no we are not identical....

I'm a twin (identical) and I have boy/girl twins. I'm always surprised by how many people ask if my twins are identical (refer to boy/girl comment above...)
Welcome to THP! That is hilarious..."uhhhh, yeah, they are identical, but one is a boy and one is a girl, you do the math..."

Getting their first set of clubs sounds awesome. It would be so cool if they grow up playing each other and supporting one another.

I can only relate to the OP in that my grandmother and great aunt are twins; and a year and a half ago I developed tennis elbow from playing golf not tennis.
I'll have to let my brother know that it does happen the other way around too!

The Bash Brothers are 15 month old fraternal twins. They look very much alike and people sometimes do not believe they are fraternal.

Almost everytime we go out in public someone asks us if they are twins. I have tried to come up with a ridiculous story to tell them just to see the reaction but haven't ever settled on one.

These are my first 2 kids so I have no idea what it is like to just have one.
It seems hard for people to grasp that identical/fraternal has a certain meaning and is not just based on looks.

You could always say that one is older but isn't growing as fast or they are first cousins...see who believes that! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too funny.. I have boy/girl twins and get the are they identical from time to time..
The 2 kids couldn't be more different. People ask how old they are... and when they say they are both 15. People say something like "Wow.. your parents didnt take any time off.."

It seems hard for people to grasp that identical/fraternal has a certain meaning and is not just based on looks.

You could always say that one is older but isn't growing as fast or they are first cousins...see who believes that! :D

Hahahah the first cousins would be great! I would get some awesome looks

I'm an identical twin. Unfortunately my brother passed shortly after our 4th birthday. I always wonder how different my life would have been were he still around. Here's an image of us together as babies.

0bbf646f42cddca47f29ef9664f2afe5.jpg

I'm an identical twin. Unfortunately my brother passed shortly after our 4th birthday. I always wonder how different my life would have been were he still around. Here's an image of us together as babies.

Some how hitting thanks did not seem an appropriate acknowledgment ... sorry for your loss.

0bbf646f42cddca47f29ef9664f2afe5.jpg

Dang Barry, sorry to hear that man. That is a cool picture I bet you are glad you hung on to it.

Too funny.. I have boy/girl twins and get the are they identical from time to time..
The 2 kids couldn't be more different. People ask how old they are... and when they say they are both 15. People say something like "Wow.. your parents didnt take any time off.."
LOL, people are so damn silly.

I am so sorry. That is gut wrenching.

lol, I've heard that one. So are they fraternal? Did they grow up with similar interests and friends? Play same instruments?

my bro and I are half identical (google it) but we just say identical to most people for simplicity sake.

I had heard of the half identical and that is what they are ... the easy route for me was to say fraternal, but look alike. I should know better in "twin" thread lol.

One plays Sax and the other Trombone ... they did not move out of the same apartment until they like 28.

One of my favorites when people would stop me to ask questions:

Stranger: "how do you tell them apart?"
Me: "by their balls"
- you have to wait for the WTF look -
Me: "one balls at night, and the other balls during the day"

I have twins:

11402869_10206823696341130_7149606094500782965_o.jpg

That photo is from many years ago. They're now almost 15!

Thanks for the thoughts of sympathy guys but really not needed. It happened when we were so young that I really don't have any memories of my twin - Larry, was his name. Lots of pictures though and even some 8mm films that my parents had. My folks are the ones I have sympathy for. I never understood the pain they must have felt until I had kids of my own. Can't imagine what they went through at that time.

I have a step sister that is 2 months younger than me. We used to mess with people all the time when we were younger. They just knew we were brother/sister and when we would tell them that we were only 2 months apart we'd get some strange looks. Then we'd tell them we were step siblings and then they would understand. A few people we told that she just wasn't ready to come out yet so she baked a little longer in the over. It's sad how many people believed that. And even though we look nothing alike, we'd get the people that told us we look so alike and could be twins.

I have a step sister that is 2 months younger than me. We used to mess with people all the time when we were younger. They just knew we were brother/sister and when we would tell them that we were only 2 months apart we'd get some strange looks. Then we'd tell them we were step siblings and then they would understand. A few people we told that she just wasn't ready to come out yet so she baked a little longer in the over. It's sad how many people believed that. And even though we look nothing alike, we'd get the people that told us we look so alike and could be twins.
I have a step-daughter that is just 13 yrs younger than me. I never used the term "step". I married a woman with 4 kids when I was 25. I always said "my kids". When she was in her teens, people would say, "she looks just like you".

Back