Pinehurst Trip almost done planning

Kevlar10

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been reading through the reviews while I plan my buddy trip for August. Originally we were three but our 4th decided he didn't want to miss the opportunity to play. I think he realized I was paying the bulk of the cost as it's a present for my birthday. After a lot of massaging the schedule, I'm almost done with the plan. Right now we have Tobacco Road, Mid Pines, CCNC, the Cradle and Pinehurst #5 booked. I want to add another course at Pinehurst for our final round and was looking for opinions on which course or courses are the best bang for mid to high cappers. I was thinking 4 or 8. Opinions welcome or if you think we should consider a different one, I'd be interested to hear your opinion. We are also looking for some good steak and/or BBQ that won't break the budget. I was thinking about the Pinehurst Brewing Company because it's close but I've seen some pretty awful reviews. Has anybody been to the Sly Fox recently? Restaurant recommendations are also welcome.

#1 is a great bang for the buck and wont beat a guy up as bad as 4 or 8. Highly recommend it. And wont cost near as much either.

As far as restaurants, they have changed a little since iv been there but a really good place is Squires Pub in Aberdeen.

Only BBQ place I know in Southern Pines/Pinehurst is Smithfield's. Lexington about 90 minutes away is the best bbq in the state.

@AUWU11 would be a great person to ask, I remember his thread about his yearly trip there.

Dormie club is down that way as well and on my bucket list. Heard nothing but great things!

We had originally scheduled Dormie Club but it turns out they are closed for maintenance or aerating the greens when we will be there.

Sounds like a great trip. I have heard 8 was a good one, but that is second hand info.

8 is my favorite course there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bummer! Would love a recap of your itinerary and full review after your trip! Live in Raleigh so always interested in what people think of different courses throughout the Sandhills!

I liked Pik N Pig bbq when I've been to the area! On a little airstrip of its own too so kinda neat

Pik N Pig bbq sounds like a winner. It looks like it will be open just in time for us to catch lunch there.

Back