Aldila Rogue question

LLIB

Unfittable
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I stuck an EXS adapter on a Rogue Black I had and gave it a go at the range. It feels much better than the Tour AD I had been using and I gained 10 or so yards of carry. The only issue is the dispersion was a little lackluster. Most of them would’ve been playable but I feel like I can do better. The Rogue is regular flex. It feels pretty good but a little loose. I’m looking at going to either the Black in stiff or the Silver. Everything I’ve read says they play pretty similar. Also the Black feels too light. I’m going to get the weight kit for the EXS but I was also thinking about the Black 70. Seems like I need the weight to keep my tempo in check.

Any recommendations? Driver SS or right around 100, moderate tempo, ball flight is typically a mid/high fade.

The Rogue Black has a softer tip section.

Have you considered the Silver instead?
Rogue Silver has a stiffer tip section which might work better for you.

I will very likely be getting an EXS driver in a couple of weeks, doing a TEE fitting at a big expo/demo day coming up, but it is very unlikely I will get to try it with the Rogue Black. I have that shaft in a TEE EX9 Tour fairway, and like it a lot. I might be willing to take the 60R off your hands if you decide to move to something else, that is unless I either don't get the EXS, or get drop dead performance out of one of the options I will get to try.

I absolutely understand your concern about too light a shaft weight. I normally have dispersion issues with 50g class shafts, but tighten things up with a 60g class of the same shaft.

The Rogue Black has a softer tip section.

Have you considered the Silver instead?
Rogue Silver has a stiffer tip section which might work better for you.

The Silver was my next move. I was just curious as to how much more tip stiff it is.

I will very likely be getting an EXS driver in a couple of weeks, doing a TEE fitting at a big expo/demo day coming up, but it is very unlikely I will get to try it with the Rogue Black. I have that shaft in a TEE EX9 Tour fairway, and like it a lot. I might be willing to take the 60R off your hands if you decide to move to something else, that is unless I either don't get the EXS, or get drop dead performance out of one of the options I will get to try.

I absolutely understand your concern about too light a shaft weight. I normally have dispersion issues with 50g class shafts, but tighten things up with a 60g class of the same shaft.

I’m sure it’ll still be here. I have another adapter so I won’t pull it from the Black.

I have a Rogue Black 60 Stiff with a MCC+4 align and a Wilson tip if anyone is interested. Played at 45.5 in a Triton driver.

The Silver was my next move. I was just curious as to how much more tip stiff it is.

Found this via Google ... hope this helps.

post-54126-0-98606700-1416526051.jpg

I'm definitely an Aldila guy. I've improved my driver, wood & hybrid when I switched. I have a 2017 TM M1. I was playing an Aldila RIPd NV. I had good results with it. When I switched to the Rogue Silver 110, I was shocked. It's an absolute bazooka. I upped my average from 200-205 to 225-230 with no other changes.

Found this via Google ... hope this helps.

post-54126-0-98606700-1416526051.jpg

Going by that chart there are a couple shafts I’ve had success with that are a touch higher spin/launch (RIP A, PL Red). I may try the Silver untipped first.

I have a lot of experience with Rogue shafts and the very similar predecessor, the Tour Green. I have 5 different Rogue Silver shafts for my Callaway drivers and 1 Rogue Black. I also have Rogue shafts in my Triton driver, a Tour Exotics driver driver, and a Srixon driver. Dispersion is the same for me between the black and silver but launch is a lower with the silver.

BTW, don’t overlook testing the Tour Green. I have them in both of my fairway woods and love the feel and dispersion. I saw the Tour Green in more that few players bags at the Master’s including in all of Rahm’s woods.

Back