Commitment to a golf ball for an entire season.

Unless a company wants to sponsor me and send me balls, I feel no obligation to commit to one ball.

To me it seems like people can't even commit to a set of clubs for a year so them not committing to a ball is a no brainer.

I've been using pro-v1's and pro-v1x's for the past 13 years.

This thread inspired me to go look for a Bridgestone ball fitting. Unable to find one close, I went online and chatted with their online reps. Based on my numbers from my iron fitting, he recommended the RXS. Next golf ball purchase will be some '16 RX & RXS to see which one will be my primary this year.

This thread inspired me to go look for a Bridgestone ball fitting. Unable to find one close, I went online and chatted with their online reps. Based on my numbers from my iron fitting, he recommended the RXS. Next golf ball purchase will be some '16 RX & RXS to see which one will be my primary this year.

Good I'm glad for you!

I don't think I can. I like to try different things, a lot of that is due to what I read on here. I do have a good stock of my main gamer ball that I plan on playing for most of the year, but I still have a few other balls out there I want to try.

I could definitely do 1 year with the same golf ball model. Providing it was fit for me and all.

I've never played with the same ball for a complete season. I do have a "go-to" ball, but i like to tinker and test out other offerings.

Last year it was Q-Star all year. Great ball. I have been playing a lot with B-330RX and Chrome Soft this year so far, I plan to play one of the two this year.

Commitment to a golf ball for an entire season.

I mostly alternate between the Chrome Soft and the E6, but this winter I played the Supersoft. For Christmas, I got a couple dozen Q-Stars, and put them in the rotation, and have been pleasantly surprised how well they have performed. I've also been intrigued by the Superhot 55 review thread. Long story short, I test out other balls from time to time, but usually come back to the main stays (Chrome Soft or E6).

Dax

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've played the TaylorMade "tour level" ball since the TP Red LDP's. I played the Penta and HATED it, so I bought a bunch of TP Red LDP's on sale. Then went into the Penta TP5, Lethal and now the Tour Preferred X...

This year going forward it's going to take me a lot to move off of the 2015 Chrome Soft. I've really fallen in love with the feel and how much bite I can get with them with my wedges without sacrificing increased control with my longest 3 or 4 clubs.

Yep and have for the last few years Bridgestone B330-RX. Not sure if I will ever switch.

Yep and have for the last few years Bridgestone B330-RX. Not sure if I will ever switch.
This is the way I have gone also. This year will be my second with it and has performed better than the rest

I mostly alternate between the Chrome Soft and the E6, but this winter I played the Supersoft. For Christmas, I got a couple dozen Q-Stars, and put them in the rotation, and have been pleasantly surprised how well they have performed. I've also been intrigued by the Superhot 55 review thread. Long story short, I test out other balls from time to time, but usually come back to the main stays (Chrome Soft or E6).

Dax

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Q-Star is a solid ball. I played them a bit last year when they were on sale. Couldn't keep me away from the RX though.

E6 in warm (75-100 degree) weather, Supersoft for cooler (45-75 degree) weather.

I usually play b330-s in nice weather unless I am gifted other balls or want to try something different. Always come back to the same ball though for most of my rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This year going forward it's going to take me a lot to move off of the 2015 Chrome Soft. I've really fallen in love with the feel and how much bite I can get with them with my wedges without sacrificing increased control with my longest 3 or 4 clubs.
I think the new one is even better!

I play a number of different balls with success. I have a stockpile of ProV1x and Chrome Soft with some B330 and Z-Star XV in the mix as well.

Back