The Official 2016 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now also possible they can use the draft to help in other positions

I do feel bad for any QB for them however. Their OL went from good to disaster quickly and they are going to get crushed. Which will lead fans to blame the QB. Which will lead players to continue to not want to come to Cleveland. #CircleOfBrownsLife

Its such a smart move. Cost is virtually nothing.
I remember Cleveland fans excited about giving up the farm for him (which didnt happen) at draft time.
If he pans out, fantastic. If he doesnt, thats okay it doesnt set you back. He will be great for this locker room too.

spot on ...he might be able to get josh gordon's head out of his A$$ too. they used to be boys while at Baylor. RG3 has been clean off the field in college and the NFL might be able to reach him.

I do feel bad for any QB for them however. Their OL went from good to disaster quickly and they are going to get crushed. Which will lead fans to blame the QB. Which will lead players to continue to not want to come to Cleveland. #CircleOfBrownsLife

Lets be honest, last year, this year, next year, no REAL Free agent is going to want to come to the Browns regardless except guys off of injuries or guys in their mid 30's

I'm a huge RGIII fan of him as a person. I fear he's going to get injured quickly with what the browns call an O-line. Need to draft that top OL in the draft at 2 or trade down. Browns just need so many things.

Lets be honest, last year, this year, next year, no REAL Free agent is going to want to come to the Browns regardless except guys off of injuries or guys in their mid 30's

Josh Gordon and RGIII change that dynamic as they are players' players. But we have heard it before and these threads show the microcosm. Remember Trent. Remember Johnny pick. The list goes on. It always comes down tot he fantasy football side of things and skill players to the fans, and they have a smaller impact on going from really bad to above average. Larger impact in going from above average to good however.

Here is a list if you catch the trend.

Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, ODB
Adrian Peterson, Doug Martin, Todd Gurley, Devonta Freeman, Darren McFadden

Top skill players that fans go crazy about. Notice it yet?

i think a lot of this is QB coaching.. two questions... if they were such a great Oline why did they give up the second most sacks in the league?

who had the least sacks Cinci with hue as the OC. was it because they had a great o line or was it Andy daltons 2.25 seconds to release the ball that was the fastest in the NFL this past year?

i think a lot of this is QB coaching.. two questions... if they were such a great Oline why did they give up the second most sacks in the league?

who had the least sacks Cinci with hue as the OC. was it because they had a great o line or was it Andy daltons 2.25 seconds to release the ball that was the fastest in the NFL this past year?

Because a team could tee off on them knowing they had zero running game and QBs that held the ball too long.
Then add the stat is garbage because they had to throw late being behind in every game, means even more teeing off.

That picture is hilarious

So i just read that Eddie "Five Guys" Lacy is down quite a bit in the offseason. Looks like he went on a diet and was working out. Hopefully good things for GB this year.

Reports are saying that Josh Norman wants $16MM per year. Whoa.

Jermichael Finley on Marshawn Lynch trying to get to the Packers in 2010:
"We were running off the field, and this was when [Lynch] played for the Bills -- it was halftime, actually," Finley said of the encounter. "Me and (Aaron) Rodgers were running to the locker room and Lynch came over, hit us on the shoulder and said, 'Tell [Packers general manager] Ted Thompson to come get me.' That's the thing that you deal with in the NFL. Those guys who are playing with the Buffalo Bills or even the Cleveland Browns and they want to get to a team where they can for sure win a ring. And I don't doubt those guys at all. That's why you play the game, to win a championship."

hahaha.

Posted in wrong thread Kapernick retires.

Looks like the Kap trade the Broncos is close.

Looks like the Kap trade the Broncos is close.

From what I've read, Kaep doesn't want to reduce is salary by 4.9 mil. The Broncos want the Niners to pay that amount, but the Niners don't think they should have to pay for a player they 'want' on the roster. My beloved Niners are becoming a permanent fixture at the bottom of the barrel :bulgy-eyes:

This Johnny Manziel story is the gift that keeps on giving.

This Johnny Manziel story is the gift that keeps on giving.

It is a hi-def, slow motion train crash with Brandel Chamblee like commentary.

Lol Josh Gordon failed yet another drug test. Tested positive for marijuana. What an absolute waste

Lol Josh Gordon failed yet another drug test. Tested positive for marijuana. What an absolute waste

That's a wrap for him

This one is really murky, based on the test. However I will say this. If you are Josh Gordon, and I am just thinking out loud here, but why on earth would you be hanging out with Johnny Manziel.

This one is really murky, based on the test. However I will say this. If you are Josh Gordon, and I am just thinking out loud here, but why on earth would you be hanging out with Johnny Manziel.

Very true on all of that. But it's to the point where it's impossible to defend any positive test result for Gordon. He already used second hand smoke as his last defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back