2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

I am more offended by the sweater vest than i am the teet and groping.

Also, twitter seems a lot more excited about the Grandaddy than this thread is. What gives? Where are you, hopefuls?

Right here, sir. Reporting for duty.

LOL, the sweater vest isn't doing much for me either. :D

I keep listening to the radio episode looking for hidden morsels lol. I know the entire community is ready for a contest!

HAAA. I'm listening to it again thinking I might have missed something.

I am hopeful and I am here :)

Also, twitter seems a lot more excited about the Grandaddy than this thread is. What gives? Where are you, hopefuls?

I am pumped to get this one going. Can't wait to see whose going to cali

So, going in the opposite direction of "what are you good at"........... If you were to get into #TheGrandaddy (even assuming you don't): What aspect of your game needs the most improvement?

For me? Putting from that 20+ feet range and approaches inside 100 yds tends to be very hit/miss for me. Some rounds I am great with lag putting, others it is a struggle to have a makeable 2nd putt. Inside 100 and being able to hit the proper shot for the situation, to have the best shot at a short putt, is also something I will be working hard on this year.

What about you? What are you working on to make yourself and your game ready for #TheGrandaddy?

I bought a book called Handicapping sports by Johnny Rodriguez. I will be working on that. :D
On a serious note, coming into the event healthy. The rest will take care of itself.

Boom, shot fired :)

I bought a book called Handicapping sports by Johnny Rodriguez. I will be working on that. :D
On a serious note, coming into the event healthy. The rest will take care of itself.

So, going in the opposite direction of "what are you good at"........... If you were to get into #TheGrandaddy (even assuming you don't): What aspect of your game needs the most improvement?

For me? Putting from that 20+ feet range and approaches inside 100 yds tends to be very hit/miss for me. Some rounds I am great with lag putting, others it is a struggle to have a makeable 2nd putt. Inside 100 and being able to hit the proper shot for the situation, to have the best shot at a short putt, is also something I will be working hard on this year.

What about you? What are you working on to make yourself and your game ready for #TheGrandaddy?

My wedge game, without a doubt. It's the one thing that keeps me from shooting significantly better scores. Improving it is also my #1 goal this year.

Unfortunately AT WORK. I can see Tweets a little better right at the moment. But as I tweeted, ALL IN, Lets go!

JM

My wedge game, without a doubt. It's the one thing that keeps me from shooting significantly better scores. Improving it is also my #1 goal this year.

Its a good thing to work on. The short game is critical in match play.

Approach game. I constantly work on my short game, so that should be good come December, but I need to hit more greens.

Biggest thing is just having a traveling HC. haven't had a problem with that yet, and don't see a reason it'd be different at that point. Hoping to have my game as automatic as possible so I can take in the rest of the experience that is the MF grandaddy.

Its a good thing to work on. The short game is critical in match play.

Couldn't agree more. I turn a lot of should-be great birdie opportunities into pars with mediocre wedge play.

I should have said that improving my wedges is my #1 goal other than getting into The Grandaddy though. Because let's be honest here.

Inside 100. Just really inconsistent right now. Very happy with my putting right now. My Mashies need some more work too. They have been on auto pilot for far too long.

My goal this year is to have fun, get better at golf, and play to my number. Seems like Callaway is very good at that, and I plan to bring much of the same without worry about the type of player I am there.

Fairways, greens, and the balls rolls where it rolls from there. Should make for a great season.

Oh and this.

BRING ME VELARDO!!!!

I want that mutha effin Stripe Show.

My goal this year is to have fun, get better at golf, and play to my number. Seems like Callaway is very good at that, and I plan to bring much of the same without worry about the type of player I am there.

Fairways, greens, and the balls rolls where it rolls from there. Should make for a great season.

Im trying to improve as much as I can in hopes I am able to make the THP Team. The Branson event will be good work for me.

I don't know why but when I'm forced to aim right with the top of the bag I do not feel comfortable at all and usually results in a really poor shot. Judging by the photos I've seen of The Hideaway, I will need to figure it out.

This year I have two main goals. Improve my play from < 150. Both improving approach shots and putting consistency. As part of that, I'm also going to be trying to play smarter, more strategic golf.

Thats not an event, just a gathering, and this thread should be about #Grandaddy talk only :)

Im trying to improve as much as I can in hopes I am able to make the THP Team. The Branson event will be good work for me.

Oh and this.

BRING ME VELARDO!!!!

I want that mutha effin Stripe Show.

Another shot fired. Throwin down the Gauntle..... errr wait, that's another great event!

I love that this event impacts as many people as it does. Working on your game as a hopeful is awesome, but we're also fortunate in that skill isn't really going to play a huge factor. More about being in the moment, having a blast in what will likely be one of the greatest golf experiences of a lifetime, and playing to YOUR number.

That is, if you're able to swing with your jaw dragging on the ground.

Another shot fired. Throwin down the Gauntle..... errr wait, that's another great event!

No shot...I love that dude. He beat me last year. And even when I got hot (went -1 on a 6 hole stretch), he got me with a net eagle and net birdie. I want a rematch. And it was a whole lot of fun.

I love that this event impacts as many people as it does. Working on your game as a hopeful is awesome, but we're also fortunate in that skill isn't really going to play a huge factor. More about being in the moment, having a blast in what will likely be one of the greatest golf experiences of a lifetime, and playing to YOUR number.

That is, if you're able to swing with your jaw dragging on the ground.

And being a part of the THP Community.
Getting into this event, will be about engagement.
If someone is more of a fly by poster when contests or things come up (And this is definitely not about anybody that has posted in here), the Grandaddy might not be for them. This one is all about Team THP.

And being a part of the THP Community.
Getting into this event, will be about engagement.
If someone is more of a fly by poster when contests or things come up (And this is definitely not about anybody that has posted in here), the Grandaddy might not be for them. This one is all about Team THP.

Sounds like my kind of design. Great stuff!

ENGAGE, HUMANS!

No shot...I love that dude. He beat me last year. And even when I got hot (went -1 on a 6 hole stretch), he got me with a net eagle and net birdie. I want a rematch. And it was a whole lot of fun.

Oh I know brother........ All in good fun. It was ultra competitive and a great follow.......

JM

Back