Cobra King F6+ Driver Preview

I have seen several comments about the sound and feel of the F6 + being very undesirable.
As always sound is a very personal thing. I would encourage people to try it themselves before writing it off due to sound/feel.

I'm definitely on the group that was disappointed with the sound/feel of this one, particularly next to the f6 and ltd

Well...guess I'm odd then. I just hit the F6+ and absolutely loved the sound and feel. Very muted, but I liked that. I found it addicting to hit. Plus it beat out the LTD for me numbers wise.

I dig the feel sound of the King. I have the f6 plus in the bag also. It's just more hollow sounding. Not a deal breaker for me, I was expecting worse. Both drivers are very very good. I wonder for those who don't like the sound if they might change balls or hit outside maybe their feelings about the sound may change. Also these drivers are so close in performance almost no reason to think which one might make you get more distance, find right shaft, pick the one that feels best to you and enjoy. King is probably more forgiving, both are very long, can't wait for it to dry up so I can see which one might get me more roll in real conditions

I crushed the F6+ off the tee at the Tampa get together earlier this year but I agree with what a few others have said about the sound/feel compared to the LTD. I haven't hit the regular F6 yet to compare the 2.

Unfortunately, I have not hit any of the newer Cobra offerings.

Fortunately, Club Clash.

I play the G30 so sound won't deter me. I'm looking forward to a fitting with this next month! Should be fun!

Unfortunately, I have not hit any of the newer Cobra offerings.

Fortunately, Club Clash.

I think you'll like them all. Very very solid line up this year. Not surprised though with who they have behind their product.

I think you'll like them all. Very very solid line up this year. Not surprised though with who they have behind their product.
No doubt. Excited to try it.

HZRDS is a no upcharge shaft in these.... Very nicely done Cobra!

Got to try this club today. Performance was very good, but the feel at impact was horrible. One of the worst feeling drivers I have tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rain looks like it might stop for today so I'm heading to the range to hit the F6+ and LTD and hopefully get closer to pulling the trigger on one of them this week. Right now I'm leaning towards the LTD with the HZRDUS 65 black shaft. The LTD does sound better than the F6+.

I like the sound of the flatter lie angle on the pro. Is the forgiveness the same on the two + models?

Has anyone been able to hit this head with the Hzrdus shaft and compare it to the black tie?

Ok so i will honestly admit I slept on this driver. I've slept on the King LTD as well. Thinking about my last fitting I only hit two drivers, played both and was ok with what I had. I played golf with my fitter yesterday and he was rocking the demo head and stock shaft for the F6+ and he let me hit it on my mulligan on the first tee. It then remained in my bag the rest of the round lol. It was the first time that I could hit a a driver mid/mid high trajectory without having spin issues. The ball flew and continued to travel on a flat descent.

I was playing the M1 the last two weeks and had to keep it on the front most setting at the cost of forgiveness. I'm not good enough to lost that much forgiveness, but with the F6+ i was able to keep it in the mid setting and at the most the 2nd setting and it gave me the perfect balance of forgiveness, low spin and Mid trajectory. I'm not bothering with 2nd guessing my decision on a launch monitor. I hit 80% of my fairways with more than enough. There was a shot that sealed it for me; i hit it low on the heel and it started left and cut back into the fairway on a hole where water cuts into the fairway. I've hit 3 other drivers in that same spot on that same hole and so I just turned to my cart knowing it was going into the water. With the F6+, it peeled just enough and carried the tip of the water comfortably and still left me with 150 in.

This will be the first driver I buy stock with the exception of wanting the orange head to rep my Alma Mater :). I could not be happier. I almost 2nd guessed myself to look into the Project X hzrdus black. ANd while i'm sure that's a great shaft, my fitter reminded me of how well i hit it and stick to what worked well (they didn't have the hzrdus demo shaft). I put the order in today and am looking forward to gaming it this year!

Ok so i will honestly admit I slept on this driver. I've slept on the King LTD as well. Thinking about my last fitting I only hit two drivers, played both and was ok with what I had. I played golf with my fitter yesterday and he was rocking the demo head and stock shaft for the F6+ and he let me hit it on my mulligan on the first tee. It then remained in my bag the rest of the round lol. It was the first time that I could hit a a driver mid/mid high trajectory without having spin issues. The ball flew and continued to travel on a flat descent.

I was playing the M1 the last two weeks and had to keep it on the front most setting at the cost of forgiveness. I'm not good enough to lost that much forgiveness, but with the F6+ i was able to keep it in the mid setting and at the most the 2nd setting and it gave me the perfect balance of forgiveness, low spin and Mid trajectory. I'm not bothering with 2nd guessing my decision on a launch monitor. I hit 80% of my fairways with more than enough. There was a shot that sealed it for me; i hit it low on the heel and it started left and cut back into the fairway on a hole where water cuts into the fairway. I've hit 3 other drivers in that same spot on that same hole and so I just turned to my cart knowing it was going into the water. With the F6+, it peeled just enough and carried the tip of the water comfortably and still left me with 150 in.

This will be the first driver I buy stock with the exception of wanting the orange head to rep my Alma Mater :). I could not be happier. I almost 2nd guessed myself to look into the Project X hzrdus black. ANd while i'm sure that's a great shaft, my fitter reminded me of how well i hit it and stick to what worked well (they didn't have the hzrdus demo shaft). I put the order in today and am looking forward to gaming it this year!

I've been trying to decide on the F6+ & King Ltd as well. Your heel cut shot is a shot I hit a lot myself. Your enthusiasm over your new driver is influential. I just keep wondering what I could be missing by not getting the LTD for 50 bucks more.
I'll probably order the grey/green once I pay my CC bill with my new hoops shoes on it

Orange for your school? Clemson?

Campbell University. It's a small private school in NC :). I went with the F6+ because it gave me the adjustability I needed to address my swing which was high spin. But I like that as I address those issues I have the ability to change the driver setup. I have never hit the King LTD so I can't tell u anything personal other than what I've read online.

This go around I'm not going to try something else. After the way i hit it, I'm just going to stick with how I had it and let it be.

My biggest problem is my tee ball in this case I don't want to be the cause of my own demise lol.

sounds like your keeping it simple, unlike myself. Enjoy it in your school colors.

I used to play the R1 and now game a G30, two drivers most people would say rate low with regard to sound. Neither bothered me at all. I stopped demoing the F6+ today after 3 or 4 balls because the sound was so terrible.

Campbell University. It's a small private school in NC :). I went with the F6+ because it gave me the adjustability I needed to address my swing which was high spin. But I like that as I address those issues I have the ability to change the driver setup. I have never hit the King LTD so I can't tell u anything personal other than what I've read online.

This go around I'm not going to try something else. After the way i hit it, I'm just going to stick with how I had it and let it be.

My biggest problem is my tee ball in this case I don't want to be the cause of my own demise lol.

A Keith Hills golfer then I assume?

The sound is what everyone noticed first on the range. On the course -- how far it flies. I demoed this one on the range and course today, and I have to say that it is very forgiving while still going a long way. The pro-shop only had the demo with a regular shaft, but it wasn't far off what I need. The tech is real, with the ball flight as described on the sliding weight. Fun club, but I'll demo the LTD and F6 before making a decision. What I liked over the GBB, was that it seemed to be much less draw biased. The sound varied with the ball used (pro v1 or Wilson Staff duo).

Wish this one had more buzz though.

This is definitely a sleeper club from Cobra. Tried it this weekend with hzrdus yellow and it blew my mind the feel and distance I got with the club. It could have been the shaft but the head felt solid.

Just ordered the pro version (Aldila Rogue) from my local proshop after testing out various equipment at several demo days. It will be interesting to put this in play as I now rock a 9 year old Titleist 907D2.

Back