What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I talked to reps at Mitsubishi-Rayon and Fujikura trying to figure out what shaft to order for the Nike Vapor Flex 440. Leaning toward the Whiteboard 70 S "straight-in", but pondering the Fuji XLR8 Pro in X.

THP'd, chipped a few balls inside, opened an awesome box from UST (I had never seen a shaft that was ungripped and untipped before), and looked up a couple trips

Hit a large bucket of range balls, got my lessons scheduled, and signed up for a swing clinic that my instructor is running that would have conflicted with my lessons.

Some THPing, a little pondering, bought another 3 wood to try, as well as a grip. Then put a grip on my new driver shaft and on a putter.

Got selected for the Get Cured Team Match Play - THP Event! Best golf day since January :clapp:

Worked through the shanks and ordered a new set of grips.

Picked up my Titleist MB 714's, brought them to Golftown in order to re shaft them with the KBS C taper 130 X. They will be ready Thursday!

Then went to the range with my former boss for a few hours.. Getting ready to list my AP2's for sale.

THPing, ordered new putter - Cleveland 2135 8.0, went to the range at night and hit a bunch of balls. Changed my stance for my driver and got the extra slight loft that I was looking for. Great day.

I rebuilt a set of clubs for a golf club member today. Replaced all his grips with JumboMax Med. He is the third member I have converted to JumboMax since way back when I tested them for THP. I all pulled the shafts on his Driver, 3 wood, 5 wood and 7 wood and replaced them with Senior Flex (A) shafts. I will deliver them this weekend and watch him do some range work with them.

Last edited:
pulled the trigger and bought an unlimited driving range pass for the year

Went to golf town, hit a number of bin drivers at the simulator. Pulled the pin on a fly z+ and realized, at the till, the shaft was cracked (sunlight really helps the old eyes.) Do I need one, nah. Do I have GAS, yeah

Bought a used TaylorMade 5 Wood (Tight Lies).... for the shaft. After hitting it a few times I'm not sure yet if I really want to pull the shaft. Decisions decisions.

Played in a scramble and watched some golf, as always THPed.

practiced pitching at the local muni. 3 of us were sharing the same 2 holes into a green no bigger than your average residential kitchen. balls flying all over the place. then the same d1ckhead who has pissed me off at this green in the past showed up barking at everybody and i just took my toys and left. but trust me, he got the stink eye. showed him!

really lived out on the toe today unfortunately, but man do these b330s balls do their d@mndest to give good spin even when contact isn't ideal.

18 holes with my league partner and LSMO. Well 18 with LSMO. My league partner had foot surgery over the winter and made it about 8 full holes.

Spent 20 minutes at the range then played 18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finished butt trimming and installing grips on honma irons and turned down ferrules on two sets of irons. Other than that just swinging indoors and carpet putting

Finished fixing the paint fill on my irons and THP'd.

Played 9 at the club after work, finished the 9th in the dark.

Sandy greens

d469c761e06b7603d63e655965073b7f.jpg

Playing golf. Leaving work early to do so, with the boss' OK. How nice is that?!

I putted in my spare bedroom because I live in Middle Michigan and we got a crap load of snow again yesterday :(

Bought airline tix to ClubClash

Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back