PXG Irons: Anyone Playing Them? If So, What Model & What Are Your Thoughts .

FiveGs

Reaction score
Handicap
PXG Irons: Anyone Playing Them? If So, What Model & What Are Your Thoughts .

I haven’t seen any posts about PXG Irons or Putters in here. I just traded my EVNROLL ER2.2 35” 355g for a PXG Bat Attack P 34.5” 350g, and my MP-18 MMC’s with N.S. Pro Modus 105 Stiff for PXG 0311 & 0311XF GEN 1 combo set with Dynamic Gold R300’s

I really liked EVNROLL, but the PXG gives me better distance control and I make more 5 footers. The way it swings just feels right and fits my stroke better. The sounds and feel is also exceptional.

My Mizzy’s were solid Irons, I just couldn’t consistently hit them. I wanted that blade like look in a forged head with massive forgiveness and the PXG’s were it for me. The regular flex shaft also helps as my swing speed isn’t what it used to be. I’m playing my first full round with them on Monday so we will see how well they play.

7e47c9dde31dbe5913794c505e98755c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am playing gen 2 xf with steel fibre graphite shafts and love them as well as the driver. Played my first medal yesterday and got 38 stableford points. Best score so far this year. Then played today in a sweep and got 40 points . Shot 90 and again my best score in over 2 years.

I am playing gen 2 xf with steel fibre graphite shafts and love them as well as the driver. Played my first medal yesterday and got 38 stableford points. Best score so far this year. Then played today in a sweep and got 40 points . Shot 90 and again my best score in over 2 years.

That’s awesome! They make a big difference in performance for sure. I had an awesome range session with them yesterday so hopefully that transfers to the course. I’m hoping to break 80 this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The feel so good and are so forgiving. The driver has been the main difference for me longer more forgiving and straighter. Had a put on the last hole today for a par and if I made it I would have broke 90 for the first time. Shaved the hole and went a foot past. Gutted I was

They are very solid irons. Great, look, feel, and performance. I had the Gen 1s and now the Gen 2s, 0311T. Like every set though it comes down to how you are swinging them on a given day....

Love mine. Gen 1 0311P GW-5i and a 0311 XF 4i.

I hit some OG 0311's last year and was really impressed with how straight they were.

Still can't justify the price, although with all the crazy price drops on gen1, they are nowhere near as bad anymore for barely used.

Back