Hitting for the cycle

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
So was pondering this today. I am missing the albatross, have come close a couple times. I have all the others. Has anyone hit all of these shots in there playing time so far?
What I mean by the cycle is this:

Quad bogey +
Quad
Triple
Double
Bogey
Par
Birdie
Eagle (par 4 or 5)
Albatross
Hole in One

I have all except the Albatross and hole in one. I am sure I have a ton of Quad+, but I don’t track those quite as enthusiastically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got them all except the albatross too. I've only ever come close to it once and it happened last July. Watched my 2nd shot roll 5 feet past the hole on a par 5. Looked to be about a foot right when it went by. Surprisingly, given my atrocious clutch putt 'ability' I actually converted the eagle. What made it especially nice was that my eldest daughter, who hasn't been on a golf course with me in 25+ years was riding along with me and and keeping score for our threesome. She got to write it down, complete with the double circles.

All but albatross and hole in one.

I've had all but the albatross. Haven't kept track of the number of birdies or higher, but I've had 5 eagles and 3 aces (yes, I know that technically they are eagles, too).

No albatross or hole in one for me

No albatross for me. Close here and there, but nothing in the cup.

I have all except the Albatross and hole in one. I am sure I have a ton of Quad+, but I don’t track those quite as enthusiastically.

+1
c.png

So was pondering this today. I am missing the albatross, have come close a couple times. I have all the others. Has anyone hit all of these shots in there playing time so far?

Quad bogey +
Quad
Triple
Double
Bogey
Par
Birdie
Eagle (par 4 or 5)
Albatross
Hole in One

I have only eagled on a par 3. And no albatross. I got a hole in one a couple of weeks ago. Bogey or worse is usually my game though.

Missing the albatross and ace. Have come very close to both but haven't sealed the deal yet,

No albatross or hole in one here.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I have them all. But.....was playing by myself for the HIO and Albatross so don't really boast about them. The Albatross was the one that really hurt. Was about 20 years ago and was playing with an older gentleman that lived right beside the 6th green of the course. He took his private cart to the house after putting out on 6. And #7 is, you probably guessed it, a par 5 that I canned a 5 wood on for the deuce...

Everything but the Albatross

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

No albatross for me.....still trying.

I have them all. But.....was playing by myself for the HIO and Albatross so don't really boast about them. The Albatross was the one that really hurt. Was about 20 years ago and was playing with an older gentleman that lived right beside the 6th green of the course. He took his private cart to the house after putting out on 6. And #7 is, you probably guessed it, a par 5 that I canned a 5 wood on for the deuce...

They still count in my book! Boast away!

I have all but an albatross and a witnessed HIO. Less than a foot away combined from having both of those.

None of my usual playing partners could join me, so I played by myself on my birthday in 1994. I aced the 14th at Clear Creek in Vicksburg, MS. One hop and I lost sight of the ball. I assumed it was long but it was in the hole (last place I looked). Not a single soul anywhere near me.

I was lucky and got the Albatross out of the way when I was 19 when I holed out from about 225 yards on the 7th hole at my home course. HOI’s came in 1994 and 2014.:act-up: I also have carded a 13 on a par 4 in a club championship so I have all of them covered.

Same

Only missing the Hole In One, and closest I have been on that was 4 inches directly past the hole somehow.

Quad bogey +
Quad
Triple
Double
Bogey
Par
Birdie
Eagle (par 4 or 5)
Albatross
Hole in One

No aces or albatrosses here. I'd guess that's a common response. I wonder if there's anyone out there who has all these (even minus ace and albatross) on one scorecard!

Only missing the Hole In One, and closest I have been on that was 4 inches directly past the hole somehow.

You have an albatross? Do tell!

...it was in the hole (last place I looked).

Well, it would've been kind of crazy to keep looking once you found it in the hole, wouldn't it? :clown:

Quad bogey +
Quad
Triple
Double
Bogey
Par
Birdie
Eagle (par 4 or 5)
Albatross
Hole in One

I have em all but the elusive hole in one. Come within 3 feet prolly 15 times. My best bud who is 15 strokes worse than I has 2 & yes it pisses me off

I’m missing the Albatross too.

Considering I get up on a Par5 about twice a year, it could be some wait.

Also missing the Albatross. Had one stop 2" from the cup, but close doesn't count.

Back