2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

One of the very few things I even think I know is this: sweating the details about who gets in and how does nothing to help your own chances.

This! Just enjoy everything THP has to offer and have fun!

PhillyV can be on the team, as long as I am to.

I'm going to be selfish and flat out say it again. I want on. Bad. If I'm on and it's a bunch if other repeat participants, awesome. I want in.

Not worth it brotherman.

I'm going to try to get back in until the day I die. Mark that down.

Your right. Not worth it. I'm gonna check out of this one while I rack my brain and finish up a review on my clubs

Just going through the live update thread from last year and OMG!!! Must experience before I die...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your King desires to be on this team very badly.

Royal Decree I am on the team! Thank you loyal subjects

I'll leave this here:

efc4dcaaba83e942688b032a25766697.jpg

Well it started out promising in here.
Anyhow ill definitely be trying again this year...Dan and I never lose so its a perfect match. And i have lots of posts so that helps this year i guess alien thingy

Think about this. Every second you spend guessing, second guessing and speculating on who should get in and how, is time you could have been engaging. Just be you and let the rest happen. It's amazing how the rest takes care of itself. I know it will change my life if I got in. Anyone who has followed along over the years can see that. The good news is that this place has already had a dramatic impact on my life. Friends.....heck FAMILY, OUTLOOK, DEDICATION, #ChangedTheFreakinGameForMe! By my count I've already won.

I deserved that 3 footer I missed yesterday though! I mean if you had seen the approach........ :act-up:

JM

Your right. Not worth it. I'm gonna check out of this one while I rack my brain and finish up a review on my clubs

wait, you were in the grandaddy? :)

i haven't been active on thp long enough to have followed all of the grandaddy events. last year's grandaddy was the first i followed every post, and phillyv is my shining example of how a grandaddy participant should behave before, during and after the event. constant chatter about it before. killing it with updates during. and perpetual reviews of the equipment as well as reminiscing about the experience. callaway brought the steak and phillyv made it sizzle.

i know i will probably be told i'm wrong about this, but as a business person who doesn't make a decision about my business' money without weighing the cost benefit, i see the grandaddy as a business decision for callaway. i don't know all the ins and outs of the economics of it, but TO ME pared down to its bones it is marketing. as a marketing tool, you want participants who will get your name out as much as possible on various social media and hopefully drive more traffic to you or at least keep that traffic away from your competitors.

i don't know how this works, but if i were on callaway's team that makes this event happen and i had my druthers of who got to experience it, i would pick people who i thought would be the most vocal here in the forum but also all over social media. that doesn't bode well for me because thp is the extent of my social media-ing. i just don't spend my time doing anything else. so would i make an ideal ambassador? there's a pretty strong argument "no." would i be a great teammate? i think so. would i add to the fun of the event? i certainly wouldn't be a stick in the mud. but none of that drives traffic to callaway, and to me that's what the event is about.

so, if i were to REALLY push hard to get into the grandaddy, i'd be all over social media tagging thp and callaway with pics of a callaway-logo ball when i'm out playing golf, or talking about the crazy up and down i just made with my md3, etc. then i'd be trying my darndest to get into any callaway-sponsored event.

and one last thought then i'll shut up. for those of you making this thread not fun, if i'm not mistaken the grandaddy only exists because callaway wants it to exist. i have two boys who break crap in my house faster than we can replace it and my favorite thing to say is, "see, that's why we can't have nice things." so don't be that way and we can still have nice things.

Well it started out promising in here.
Anyhow ill definitely be trying again this year...Dan and I never lose so its a perfect match. And i have lots of posts so that helps this year i guess alien thingy

Team Albatross ftw?

Watching Miami vs Villanova in college basketball and saw a commercial for the Masters and realized that #TheGrandaddy is to amateur golfers as the Masters is to professionals!

Hope to one day be able to be a part of the small group of people that are #TheGrandaddy alumni.

I've said it time after time, post count does not correlate to being active. At all.

Nope. But, it should not be hard if you get some gear to review that gear, to talk about the experience, etc. You did this as good as just about anybody.

I think JB should be the captain every year.

Ne he shouldnt.

Activity is definitely not based strictly on post count.

Let me ask you this. You were in the King, you received a driver for that event, do you think you did a good job reviewing it? Asking honestly since I have not looked at that thread in a long time. I know after the event, you switched to a TaylorMade, so I was curious.

And to be fair, we have not said activity or post count matters at all. All we have said is that engagement will matter. The team will be made up of THPers.

Now lets get back to the action of the fact that contests are starting soon and Jason Finley will be on THP Radio next week talking about this very event.

Nope. But, it should not be hard if you get some gear to review that gear, to talk about the experience, etc. You did this as good as just about anybody.

Ne he shouldnt.

Let me ask you this. Activity is definitely not based strictly on post count. You were in the King, you received a driver for that event, do you think you did a good job reviewing it? Asking honestly since I have not looked at that thread in a long time. I know after the event, you switched to a TaylorMade, so I was curious.

And to be fair, we have not said activity or post count matters at all. All we have said is that engagement will matter. The team will be made up of THPers.

Now lets get back to the action of the fact that contests are starting soon and Jason Finley will be on THP Radio next week talking about this very event.

nothing quite gets an event going like Mr. "0-5" himself. Can't wait to see how his trashtalk game has progressed since last year.

Nice to see this thread explode but not always for the right reasons today. If you are already making excuses for your activity level or post count than this event may not be for you.

I can't wait to see what lies ahead and I know Canadan will be a fantastic captain. This event is something else. If your new, old, young or whatever, jump in with both feet, join the Albatross club, enjoy some terrific conversations about golf and life, make some friends, gain some knowledge with insight from some of the greatest minds in the industry, and maybe....just maybe....get to be part of the mutha effin GRANDADDY!

nothing quite gets an event going like Mr. "0-5" himself. Can't wait to see how his trashtalk game has progressed since last year.

He is definitely not 0-5.
He also has a pretty awesome 5X HOF Tag.

He is definitely not 0-5.
He also has a pretty awesome 5X HOF Tag.

Ok well one year he went "0-5" in matches for zoocrew, but yes as he proudly says "his team is 3-0 in zoocrew wins". 5x HOF is no joke. Definitely knows how to win when needed.

JB kicked up the banter tonight!

I will say this, #TheGrandaddy is the crown jewel of THP for a reason. Not only because of what the event entails, the bonds that are built & the golf trip of s lifetime, but it's about giving back to this great community what you put in. It's about showing your appreciation for this event so others can follow in your footsteps.

I know JB hates the word "Deserve" (and so do I), but in this instance if you are picked for this event THP as a whole "deserves" your full participation before, during & after the event. There are no words for what the experience will be because we each experience it in our own way, just like we all use THP in our own way. For those that want a little more, you found it. This event is special & we owe it to the community to bring them along for the ride and let them feel like they are right there for every surprise, conversation and golf shot. It's our duty as participants to make sure this event lives on for others.

I love THP, I love #TheGrandaddy & anyone from #TeamRedemption could call me right now and I would move heaven and earth to help them. That's what this event does, so yes it "deserves" your full attention bc it's that effin good.

On a positive note, we are only 9 months away from this! With summer coming that time will fly by.

After looking through the past couple #TheGrandaddy live update threads and following those who have been privileged to be apart of this event, I can honestly say that I love the camaraderie that this event builds. I mean you look at how a bunch of "strangers" from around the US have now created lasting friendships and this incredible bond. Those past participants have done an amazing job promoting what it means to be part of the THP family. Do I want to get into this event...YES! Do I want to develop that brotherhood and be a part of an elite group who has been apart of it...YES! Even if I never get the opportunity I can say for a fact that I hope the lucky few that do get in continue this incredible legacy that those who came before have paved. Big thanks to JB and GolferGal for creating such an amazing community for us golf nuts and I will continue to preach the good word to everyone who will listen. Bring on #TheGrandaddy contests!

I am throwing my name in #TheGrandaddy hat because I have a pulse.
Canadan is prepping and playing to win and I would expect no less of anyone who wants to be a participant.

Ne he shouldnt.

Activity is definitely not based strictly on post count.

Let me ask you this. You were in the King, you received a driver for that event, do you think you did a good job reviewing it? Asking honestly since I have not looked at that thread in a long time. I know after the event, you switched to a TaylorMade, so I was curious.

Honestly JB, no I was not a good reviewer. The shaft didn't suit me, and I was afraid to say anything bad about it. I didn't want to be the "guy" to say something negative when more than likely it was me and not the club. However that's the way I felt. I wasn't trying to come into this topic casting stones. I was just giving my opinion on whether the team should have more Grandaddy veterans on it as War Eagle suggested. I gave my opinion. Maybe I was wrong. I don't have a problem with post counts, I was just saying I don't post a lot compared to others and I try to be more engaged by meeting up with fellow THPers and playing the sport we all love. I guess I should have kept my mouth shut. I apologize if I offended anyone, it wasn't the intent. I'll go crawl under the rock I came from now.

Honestly JB, no I was not a good reviewer. The shaft didn't suit me, and I was afraid to say anything bad about it. I didn't want to be the "guy" to say something negative when more than likely it was me and not the club. However that's the way I felt. I wasn't trying to come into this topic casting stones. I was just giving my opinion on whether the team should have more Grandaddy veterans on it as War Eagle suggested. I gave my opinion. Maybe I was wrong. I don't have a problem with post counts, I was just saying I don't post a lot compared to others and I try to be more engaged by meeting up with fellow THPers and playing the sport we all love. I guess I should have kept my mouth shut. I apologize if I offended anyone, it wasn't the intent. I'll go crawl under the rock I came from now.

No offense at all dude. My thoughts are rather simple.
If one does not think they participate a lot, its easy. Jump into a thread and talk golf. There is tour golf every week. There are tons of equipment threads. Anybody can review anything at any time. Anybody can talk about their event experiences anytime.

Conversation is good. Conversation is healthy. Just wanted to explain my side on activity level. It doesnt matter for the most part, but we do want people that want to be a part of it for the community.

This year its a bit different where those that get into the event are required to review their equipment for a period of time post event. Events like the King and Gauntlet and Legacy and a few others have told us its better to just put it out there up front, so people know they are expected to do so post event, instead of just moving on to new gear.

I enjoy the conversation and nobody should ever just keep their mouth shut. Honest conversation is transparent and helpful for those that might not know how it works.

Back