2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

Heck, if changing your real name helped get you in, well you could call me Bertha Mackdaddy

I think we can all agree that's a pretty fantastic screen name.

I'll do whatever is asked of me to get in and I'm ready for these contests, looking forward to the THP Radio coming out.

Ditto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Genuine question for you. And I swear this is a real question and not some knock on you or anybody else.

You said you are a complete homer for titleist. Why is the Grandaddy an event you are interested in so much?

It's interesting the comments about former losing members not being eligible. I've lost every competitive THP event I've entered (as a team, my individual record is quite solid actually), so I guess I'm out as Captain?

haha, we're overthinking it. What is good for THP and Callaway is to have a genuinely interested, genuinely active, and genuinely engaged group of THP members heading to California in December to represent this site, and the inevitable deer in the headlights feeling many will have over the course of a few days will be unavoidable. It's about winning, but it's not ALL about winning. There will be a responsibility, whether signed, spoken, or assumed, to be excellent ambassadors for the brands this event represents, and that will be the absolute victory for everyone involved.

I just want to see a group that is genuinely interested in seeing all aspects of THP succeed. That's what I pushed for (probably too hard) as a Morgan Cup captain, and you can bet I'll do it again for this event. I want every member to factor, and I want every member to be a strong part of this community before and after the event. That's what matters to me.

Heck, there's a ton you can learn from something not going your way. That's a way of life in my field (the sciences).

Going to be a great lead up. Can't wait to see who joins the team first.

It's interesting the comments about former losing members not being eligible. I've lost every competitive THP event I've entered (as a team, my individual record is quite solid actually), so I guess I'm out as Captain?

haha, we're overthinking it. What is good for THP and Callaway is to have a genuinely interested, genuinely active, and genuinely engaged group of THP members heading to California in December to represent this site, and the inevitable deer in the headlights feeling many will have over the course of a few days will be inevitable. It's about winning, but it's not ALL about winning. There will be a responsibility, whether signed, spoken, or assumed, to be excellent ambassadors for the brands this event represents, and that will be the absolute victory for everyone involved.

I just want to see a group that is genuinely interested in seeing all aspects of THP succeed. That's what I pushed for (probably too hard) as a Morgan Cup captain, and you can bet I'll do it again for this event. I want every member to factor, and I want every member to be a strong part of this community before and after the event. That's what matters to me.
Well put Cap.

Heck, if changing your real name helped get you in, well you could call me Bertha Mackdaddy
No problem changing the name, it's from long ago! Just don't know how to do it! Can you help?

haha, we're overthinking it. What is good for THP and Callaway is to have a genuinely interested, genuinely active, and genuinely engaged group of THP members heading to California in December to represent this site, and the inevitable deer in the headlights feeling many will have over the course of a few days will be inevitable. It's about winning, but it's not ALL about winning. There will be a responsibility, whether signed, spoken, or assumed, to be excellent ambassadors for the brands this event represents, and that will be the absolute victory for everyone involved.

Good luck to you sir! I know you will lead this team with incredible pride,and a ton of passion for everything that is and will always be the Mother effng granddaddy ! I'm excited to see who gets the nod to join you and has the opportunity to participate in something ten of thousands dream about,

No problem changing the name, it's from long ago! Just don't know how to do it! Can you help?
PM GolferGal but again its not a requirement

Let's move past the name change guys, it was a joke that was obviously taken the wrong way.

Great thoughts from the captain.

Don't see any reason to change your name. However if your selected be ready for a bit of ribbing hahaha..... after all Mizuno makes the best forged clubs on the planet! And you obviously know that forged over cast every day all day! Hahaha just kidding.....stay true to yourself and stay engaged....I can't see a screen name being criteria for who gets in or not. Although you've obviously got an identity crisis going on considering you okay an M1 Driver.....now that could get you in trouble :)

Let's move past the name change guys, it was a joke that was obviously taken the wrong way.

Great thoughts from the captain.
No problem, sorry I didn't get the joke but that's OK. Where I grew up you learned to take as good as you gave! The screen name really isn't applicable anymore anyway, I haven't been good enough to play their clubs for along time. I really would like to change it, if that's alright?

Wow there's been a lot of great things posted in this thread today. It would be a huge honor to be selected to represent this awesome community in the greatest amateur golfing event on the planet. It would be even greater to be able to bring home the belt to where it belongs.

Team THP - 2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

Team THP - 2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

Yikes. Missed a bit in here. Haha.

Soooo.....the hideaway is a decent course I hear.....ohh and I also know how awesome Callaway lays this thing out with THP. I play almost exclusively play Titleist equipment and really look forward to an opportunity to compare and be won over by another respectable manufacturer who makes equally great gear. #TheGrandaddy

Absolutely would love the chance to be a part of this incredible event. Have talked with several friends who have played in it and just to hear how they talk about it is inspiring. Truly a 1 in a million opportunity that THP gives us the chance to participate in. Consider me fully engaged.

a4c2cbd5fe641aac87a4d2d2a8293724.jpg

haha, we're overthinking it. What is good for THP and Callaway is to have a genuinely interested, genuinely active, and genuinely engaged group of THP members heading to California in December to represent this site, and the inevitable deer in the headlights feeling many will have over the course of a few days will be unavoidable. It's about winning, but it's not ALL about winning. There will be a responsibility, whether signed, spoken, or assumed, to be excellent ambassadors for the brands this event represents, and that will be the absolute victory for everyone involved.

I believe someone earlier mentioned a brick wall that needed running through?

Excellent post Dan!

Genuine question for you. And I swear this is a real question and not some knock on you or anybody else.

You said you are a complete homer for titleist. Why is the Grandaddy an event you are interested in so much?

You didn't ask me, and I'm not really a homer for any particular company, but I'm gonna answer anyway.

I loved my first Big Bertha (warbird). Since then I haven't had many Callaway clubs, mostly due to circumstance, etc. My current bag entirely consists of clubs I either admired (for some dumb reason) or knew would be reasonably good for me before I bought them. I've never been properly fit for anything.

One of the things that really interests me about #TheGrandaddy is that I can get the same kind of (ridiculously special) treatment much better golfers than me receive with a full fitting. I'd find myself in an amazing location, and give a company I respect a great deal every opportunity to prove to me why their equipment is better. I have no doubt the experience would open my eyes about proper fitting (not to mention improve my game). If it doesn't, I'll happily continue to game my TaylorMade R7 TPs :p

Well catching up on this thread has caused me to miss the entire first half of the Maryland game.

But it was very entertaining. One thing about the Granddaddy. Nothing on THP comes close to generating so much passion in many forms.

Passion is a good thing.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I had to do a lot of catching up on here, this event sounds like a great time from going back and reading previous year threads. I don't know if at this moment I would be the best choice because once I leave for school at the end of august I tend to shift my focus away from golf towards school, but If I were to be selected for The Granddaddy I would just bring the clubs to school and put in my practice in any way I could. I would be interested to see how my game changes by keeping my season going longer than what I am accustomed to now.

I think if selected my first thing would be dedicating a few hours a day to my short game, my round I did a few weeks ago showed that was my weakest part. Leaving 12-15ft putts instead of 4-6 footers on easy approaches won't do the team or my game any good!

I strongly recommend anybody interested, take a few minutes and go through the live update thread from the last few years.

Don't you mean a few days? Those threads are massive!

One word comes to minds sifting through all comments...PASSION!!!

Seriously that's what is behind every comment, in a good way! This even is SPECIAL!

Back