Would You Rather?

Would You Rather?

• Fun & Super Slow

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • Non Talker & Fast

Votes: 147 84.5%

• Total voters
Not to be an odd guy out, but I'll take the slow talker. If I was that concerned with speed or working on my game I would just play solo. If I know he's fast and a non talker I would tell him to go ahead and play I'm gonna play solo behind you dropping extra balls and working on my game. I'll take a slow social round over a silent race personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends. It's not an easy choice, but it's one that's made for me often times due to playing courses where tons of elderly play. If you're a complete jerk and fast, at least we got done in a timely manner, but if you're a jerk and slow, well, two can play at that game. But I'd rather the slow round, gives me time to dissect each hole for my range book. Besides, where I play, usually there's a wait anyway.

I don't mind talking if it is done between shots or no talking at all if the guy is a hermit. I am a gabber but I pick my spots between holes or walking to balls. There are times to take time though. I have no patience for 5 practice swings on full shots. But a dicey pitch or putt.. Take the time you need. I like the round to have a pulse but I do not want to feel rushed. It is a leisure activity.. it should be enjoyable.

I wish an option had been a talker and fast, but that would not be a tough decision!

I chose non-talker and fast. I can talk enough for the both of us!

While I voted fun and super slow, I must admit it would have been easier if the choice were fun but slow, the super description made the choice a bit more difficult. I certainly understand the issue of slow play and what appears to be the majority opinion against it. Fortunately, slow play does not bother me, it doesn't upset me if I'm on the course an extra hour, for example, because the social aspect of the game is what draws me to the game. What does bother me about slow play is the impact it has on others, its just does not show consideration for others and that I don't like. But if I am behind a slow group, I am not going to make an issue of it, I'll just relax, enjoy the day and the company. But then, being the hillbilly I am, I tend to take life slowly on and off the course.
Thanks for typing that for me.

Non-talker and fast, I have a wife and kids that will talk my ear off, the serenity is nice.

I would rather have fun than speed through a round in silence. I could do that on my own.

I've met some incredible people on a golf course that'll I'll likely never speak to again. I could see wanting to sometimes play fast and keep to myself, but if you gave me the choice I'd always choose to play slower and have a great time.

Give me a non-talker that plays quickly. I want it to be as much like I'm playing alone as possible.

I play golf to have fun, I choose fun.

I like my 9 hole splits right around 1 hour, 1 hour 10 minutes.... 5 hour rounds drain the life out of me. sorry.

Playing slow bugs me ... I might smiling and laughing at bit, underneath the smile I would trying to override the desire to kick him in the a$$ and tell him to pick it up.

I would say non-talker and fast. Like others have said if I'm out as a single I'm trying to get done fairly quickly.

Non talker and fast for me.

Now if it was fast and a-hole, I'd take the slow fun guy.

Non talker. After the round I can buy him a bucket of beer and we can talk longer than we played golf, for as long as we didn't fudge up the fairways due to slow play.

I'm out as a single, speed is a priority when possible. Non talker and fast every time

Thinking about pace of play, I wonder what people consider slow? My guess is that some locations have more significant pace of play issues than others.

Here a leisurely 18 is 4 hours. 4.5 hours is really slow. 5 hours is the slowest I have experienced, and that was due to a company golf outing event that backed up the course. I think 3.5 hours for 18 is about as fast as I am willing to play while walking 18 when I have an open course in front of me..

Non talker and fast without hesitation.

I don't really care for either choices. I don't like it when my company is not fun to be with and also don't like super slow. Imo its not a fun round either way. Were it not for the term "super slow" I would take the enjoyable company but being tooooo slow is very annoying and ruins it anyway. On the other hand if "fast" means respectable pace? or does it mean rabbit speed? because that annoying too. I do want to appreciate my time on the course.

I don't mind a leisurely round as I hate to feel rushed out on the course. But you said "painfully" slow, and that's way worse. Voted fast and quiet.

If I have to choose I'll take quiet and fast. But if I want quiet I'd play alone. If I'm paired I want to chat

Neither option is ideal but painfully slow is the worst, even if he's a great guy. No matter how nice he is, I'm not going to like him if he makes golf miserable.

I will take the fast non talker

When I saw this thread pop up I had to ponder on it. I always enjoy playing with someone that is fun to be out there with even if they are slow, but in the end I had to go with the plays fast and keeps to themselves option.

Have ended up paired with a guy that was quiet but played quickly and it went great.

I would not complain about being paired up with a nice guy, but would prefer to play at a good pace than have a lot of conversation.

Back