2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

The best part of that hole isn't even in the picture. There's an absolutely beautiful waterfall next to the tee box. When you are up there all you can hear is that running and crashing water from the waterfall. Talk about an indescribable moment

Amen PhillyV! That hole is probably the most spectacular hole I've ever played! It hits every sense of your being. Sight, sound, and smell. Just amazing!

The best part of that hole isn't even in the picture. There's an absolutely beautiful waterfall next to the tee box. When you are up there all you can hear is that running and crashing water from the waterfall. Talk about an indescribable moment
It made me need to find a comfort station haha but you are absolutely right.

Amen PhillyV! That hole is probably the most spectacular hole I've ever played! It hits every sense of your being. Sight, sound, and smell. Just amazing!

It made me need to find a comfort station haha but you are absolutely right.

Another of my favorites:

66dfaf10c2f890ae7ab451df99abd728.jpg

I'm also a fan of 17 on the Clive. Just a very well framed par 5

I'm also a fan of 17 on the Clive. Just a very well framed par 5

Aim for the duck! I love that hole. And would probably love it more if I didn't three putt there and let Hashtag Chad force our match to the 18th lol

Aim for the duck! I love that hole. And would probably love it more if I didn't three putt there and let Hashtag Chad force our match to the 18th lol

Haha, my memory of that hole is quite different. I hit one of the best two shots in my life on that hole against Jrod. To push our match to 18. After being way down at the turn. Probably my greatest golfing memory ever!

Beautiful course, should be an incredible experience for those lucky enough to get selected!

Haha, my memory of that hole is quite different. I hit one of the best two shots in my life on that hole against Jrod. To push our match to 18. After being way down at the turn. Probably my greatest golfing memory ever!

Playing well on that course is something I'm so proud of. The two shots I hit on 18 under that pressure knowing I just blew my chance at closing chad out is something I'll never forget. Tough tee shot and even tougher approach shot. And probably my favorite closing hole ever.

Here's the approach on 18 for those that haven't seen it. Nowhere to miss really. OB left OB long and water right. And you have about 180 in to an uphill green
19693d852c8695f08813b7dd4f5dc6ad.jpg

Edited to bring this post back to earth. My passion can runeth over.

Course looks amazing and I am overwhelmed that opportunities like #TheGrandaddy are even possible.

Last edited:

You should draw from that hole in your recent quest. That had to be unconscious golf at its best.

Big shout to Philly for that Waterfall memory! Those details just make this all that much better to relive with you guys!!

You should draw from that hole in your recent quest. That had to be unconscious golf at its best.

Big shout to Philly for that Waterfall memory! Those details just make this all that much better to relive with you guys!!

Exactly dude, that entire back 9 had spots where I literally can't remember the shots. In a zone kind of thing.

These photos are breathtaking! I've played some stellar courses in and around Indio and non of them have that kind of "wow factor".

Well catching up on this thread has caused me to miss the entire first half of the Maryland game.

But it was very entertaining. One thing about the Granddaddy. Nothing on THP comes close to generating so much passion in many forms.

Passion is a good thing.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

And that was the good half, right?

Make no mistake, this is what we are after! We need to go out and get it! #EyesOnThePrize #IWantThatBelt #TheGrandaddy

20141210_142234.jpg

Somebody needs to tackle that guy right into the fountain!

His strengths
Handicap Number
Incredible Guy
Make You Laugh & Cry

His Weakness
Fishing
Wine
Does not have many

I still can't believe he was fishing behind #18 at Dubsdread. Yes, I can..it's JRod

Oh absolutely, I haven't been apart of an "official" event yet but I still feel apart of the "clique" whether I get in the granddaddy or not it will be amazing to watch and read about

You'll be at an event soon and we're going to have a blast!

Catching up on the Grandaddy tread. You don't even know people! Seriously! EVERY TIME I grab my phone I'm taken back to those days! EVERY TIME I put on my Callaway pullover it's like putting on a coat of arms for me! Every time I grab my car keys, THP and this community in on my mind. This is the Grandaddy of them all, and to have a (2nd) chance to win with Captain Canadan and THP would mean....well I'm not going to sugar coat it. I HATE @#$%ing to loose!

Like Icey said, that's an awesome idea. I'll have to see if I can do that to this year's version.

I have to stop putting so much pressure on myself when I think about getting to be part of the next group to experience this amazing event or just scoring on the golf course. It will fall into place.

Seeing this pictures pop up just make the goosebumps stand up. Such a breathtaking course.

How often did you guys catch yourself just staring off in a daze?

Seeing this pictures pop up just make the goosebumps stand up. Such a breathtaking course.

How often did you guys catch yourself just staring off in a daze?

I did it on purpose while I was out there. I wanted to make sure I wasn't too into the moment to not take in the scenery. I would stop and touch the grass, sort of take a panoramic view once I got to every green and made sure I never had my head down or eyes closed. There is just so much out there that I didn't want to miss. And I'm so glad I took the approach I did because I have so many memories of it.

That course look breathtaking! The layout, the condition, just the overall feel...incredible.

Thanks,
Brian

Man....the waterfalls in these picks are bonkers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This picture has been stuck in my head for a couple months now. How incredible is something like that right beside a golf hole. Unreal.

PhillyV touched on it earlier. But the serenity on that green with the waterfall flowing is something else. If I had to pick one place on the course to stop and just have a picnic, I think it would be behind this green by the waterfall.

Never been there but the picture of that hole is gorgeous! Hope I get to see it first hand!

PhillyV touched on it earlier. But the serenity on that green with the waterfall flowing is something else. If I had to pick one place on the course to stop and just have a picnic, I think it would be behind this green by the waterfall.

Hopefully my best shot of the week is the approach into that green so I can focus on the scenery rather than a putt haha!

Hopefully my best shot of the week is the approach into that green so I can focus on the scenery rather than a putt haha!

Trust me, you'll have no issues doing both.

This picture has been stuck in my head for a couple months now. How incredible is something like that right beside a golf hole. Unreal.

I forgot the exact figure, but my member told me that hole itself cost multiple millions to build... One hole

Back