Mizuno ST190 Fairway Woods Review

I've gamed the Mizuno ST190 3- & 5-woods for the past 2 months. For my game, they are literally the best fairway woods I've bagged in the last 10 years. They are very forgiving and as Jman said, easy to launch. Though I'm no expert on working the ball, I can draw or fade them when absolutely necessary, and they're easy to hit from the rough. This time of year, there on 3 holes on my home course that I use them off the tee, and they perform brilliantly. Mizuno also provides classy, high quality headcovers with them. I love these fairways!

Nice! I really think the 190’s, even with the buzz they have generated, are still criminally under the radar.

Nice! I really think the 190’s, even with the buzz they have generated, are still criminally under the radar.

I could not agree more, James.

I only recently added this club to my bag, but it is the best fairway wood I have tried. I have been using the Rogue Sub-Zero for the past 18 months or so, and while it was pretty good, I never really 'loved' it (unlike the Rogue Sub-Zero driver, which I adore). The ST190 TS feels and looks great, and produces the perfect ball flight for my swing.

I don't tend to have a honeymoon period with clubs - they either work and stay in the bag for a fair while, or are replaced quickly. I can't see this leaving the bag in the next 12 months. If you are looking for a new 3 wood, this could be a great bargain with a new model coming out from Mizuno.

I've gamed the ST 190 3w from mid summer on. I've developed a love hate relationship with it. o_O

Have had the ST190 3W in the bag since last spring. Love it. Great off the deck and tight tee shots. Grabbed the 5W yesterday from global golf for a ridiculous $104 new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3balls had the ST190 fairway woods brand new on close out for a little bit less than $100/club last month with all discount codes, etc... applied. I had some site credit burning a hole so I picked up a 3 wood and 5 wood each with the regular flex Atmos Red. I also bought the driver but that is for another thread.

It's been too cold to do much of anything besides hit foam balls/Birdie Balls in the garage until today. I went to the range and found each ok to elevate off mats with my subsonic swing speed. They were also going straight.

I was worried the Mizuno's might be a big too "player like" and leak right on me, but so far so good! The clubs look great, feel is very good, and performance has also been good so far. We'll see if that continues as the season starts up soon.

These are still available at a good prices for the budget-minded shopper at a variety of web sites.

Regards
Dave

Back