Refurbished balls - Reloads

Golds

Reaction score
Handicap
NY Winter
I just bought 3 dozen of refurbished Bridgestone b330rx golf balls from golfetail. When they arrived I discovered these were in "reload" packaging, apparently they are a professional ball refurbisher? Any one have experience with reload refurbished golf balls? Are they legit?

It was supposed to be refurbished 2015 b330rx but I've found some balls in the box don't have the dual simple and some do so I don't know what to think.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Refurbished golf balls are a bad idea generally speaking.
They have been altered from their original state, with paint, etc.

I think you would be better off loading up on previous year model balls or even a few years old. I just can't get behind referb balls or used balls. No idea what happened to then before you got them

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

lostgolfballs.com, they are not refurbished. I have bought balls from them and the quality is outstanding.

Yeah I did an impulse buy without thinking and now regret it lol

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Refurbished golf balls are a bad idea generally speaking.
They have been altered from their original state, with paint, etc.

Agreed. Used high grade balls are ok, but not refurbished balls.

I buy used balls by the bucket, I use golfballnut.com and have had no issues. In the 100 balls from last year I got maybe 2 duds.

When I can consistently play one ball per round I'll start buying new balls. Until then it's just too much money to buy new.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

The 5A mint ones that say recycled are a good choice. The premium ones still cost over a dollar a ball but in the 200 I have ordered I think only 5 were below standard. No players marks on the 5A ones. I bought refinished ones once and found they would do things I would expect with no consistency from one ball to another.

As has been stated before - buy recycled not refurbished

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buy used balls by the bucket, I use golfballnut.com and have had no issues. In the 100 balls from last year I got maybe 2 duds.

When I can consistently play one ball per round I'll start buying new balls. Until then it's just too much money to buy new.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

This is me too. Sometimes I can play a full round on one ball, sometimes I might loose 6. Starts to to sting at $3-5 per ball for the balls I like, not so bad at .6-1.00 per ball. Depends not he court and my swing that day. I have a had great luck with used 5A and 4A balls from both lost golf balls, and golf balls direct. Never tried refurbs though.

I use recycled but never refurbished.

I use recycled but never refurbished.

Same for me, I buy 4a/5a recycled/used but never refurbished. Who knows how bad that ball was before they painted it.

Just say no to refurbished.

I see refurbished and recycled golf balls on ebay all the time. What is the difference between refurbished and recycled balls?

I see refurbished and recycled golf balls on ebay all the time. What is the difference between refurbished and recycled balls?

Refurbished have been altered. Painted usually. It effects the characteristics of the ball. Might look better but performs different. Recycled are just lost and found then washed.

Refurbished have been altered. Painted usually. It effects the characteristics of the ball. Might look better but performs different. Recycled are just lost and found then washed.

Thanks for the info. I usually buy new balls, but my favorite ball of all time is the TaylorMade Lethal, and it is getting harder to find new ones since they stopped producing them.

Back