Mizuno ST190 Fairway Woods Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great write up James, it definitely has a nice look to it.

Great Review
e.png

Nice review James. "Easy Launcher" are two works I like to hear when looking for new fairway woods. I've been really high on the driver, probably shouldn't sleep on these.

Great writeup James. Those numbers are extremely solid, and sounds like Mizuno nailed the feel. Good stuff

Thanks for reading guys.

This one made me want to hit the driver even more, I won't lie there.

Well rounded is an understatement, and seriously, this face is DEEP.

Nice Review Jman!
Based on your description with the deep face, that it could be a serious of the tee option with some forgiveness off the fairway.

Excellent read Jman. I think Mizuno has done a fantastic job with their woods this year and this is no different. While the departure from the blue is a bit of a bummer I agree its probably a smart move by them. If I wasn’t committed to another brand for the season I’d definitely be giving these a look.

Great write up JMan!! Thanks for the information and review.

Excellent review! I love the deep face and everything about this offering from Mizuno. And $250 for a serious 3-wood with an Atmos shaft is one heck of a deal!

GLad you all are enjoying! Thank you!

Nice review as always and man you were crushing that! What are the differences in the red and blue shafts?

Nice review as always and man you were crushing that! What are the differences in the red and blue shafts?

Red will be higher launching and a little more spin, Blue is kinda that mid range setup, mid launch, low spin.

Well done Jamesman. I think you are right about the crown change, and it pains me to say that because I LOVED the blue. The shape seems incredible to my eye, but the deep face worries me a touch for my game. That spin number you touched on becing sub 3k means it could be a weapon off the tee. Oh and here I am excited I can get the G410 5 wood to touch 140MPH once and you smash this thing over 150 several times haha

Red will be higher launching and a little more spin, Blue is kinda that mid range setup, mid launch, low spin.

Thank you for that explanation Jman.

Greater review and photos (always) James...definitely one OEM that I would need to test if was looking for new woods. Mizuno is really firing on all cylinders.

Easy to test through any Mizuno fitter. Once you try them, it won’t take much to see how fantastic they are. The 3-wood definitely rocks with its deep face and the driver is a bomber. Kicked out my Ping G400’s...

Well done Jamesman. I think you are right about the crown change, and it pains me to say that because I LOVED the blue. The shape seems incredible to my eye, but the deep face worries me a touch for my game. That spin number you touched on becing sub 3k means it could be a weapon off the tee. Oh and here I am excited I can get the G410 5 wood to touch 140MPH once and you smash this thing over 150 several times haha

Hahaha, thank you buddy.

If it makes you feel better I hit 155 on it today lmao

Thank you for that explanation Jman.
Always happy to help!
Greater review and photos (always) James...definitely one OEM that I would need to test if was looking for new woods. Mizuno is really firing on all cylinders.

Thank you Jimmy!

Jackass haha

Little morning bump, because why not.

Anyone else manage to hit this one?

I absolutely love it. With the tour black 65 is a straight bomber.

Was wondering if you were still enjoying it, that’s good news!

I have the 3W with the Blue 6S. It nails it when I put a good swing on her. Use it mostly off the deck, but when I tested it side by side with my Rogue driver, it was nearly the same distance off the tee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've gamed the Mizuno ST190 3- & 5-woods for the past 2 months. For my game, they are literally the best fairway woods I've bagged in the last 10 years. They are very forgiving and as Jman said, easy to launch. Though I'm no expert on working the ball, I can draw or fade them when absolutely necessary, and they're easy to hit from the rough. This time of year, there on 3 holes on my home course that I use them off the tee, and they perform brilliantly. Mizuno also provides classy, high quality headcovers with them. I love these fairways!

Back