I thought it was smaller. Hmmmmmm, at that size I should just buy a high end camera. Like the ones we used use at the PGA show. Those were nice.

The camera is very small. The entire gimbal setup, makes it a bit larger. Like GoPro on an oversized selfie stick.

The camera is very small. The entire gimbal setup, makes it a bit larger. Like GoPro on an oversized selfie stick.

Ok, I get it and can live with that. Looking forward to your thoughts

Hello stabilization, this thing is badass.

JB when you get this in can you take some comparison shots with your DSLR? I've got a decent DSLR but it's older and doesn't do video. For my photo needs this might work and add the ability to take videos. I'm ver intrigued, I really really hate shaky video!

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

JB when you get this in can you take some comparison shots with your DSLR? I've got a decent DSLR but it's older and doesn't do video. For my photo needs this might work and add the ability to take videos. I'm ver intrigued, I really really hate shaky video!

Sure. Just looking for size comparisons? Or quality? DSLR quality is going to be superior in my opinion.

Sure. Just looking for size comparisons? Or quality? DSLR quality is going to be superior in my opinion.

Quality. For photo shoots and the like I'll probably always use the DSLR, but for vacations and similar I'm willing to lose a bit of quality for more features.

Size too though, at least an idea if they are similar in size.

0c316b43f494d11e0f852902bebd3f46.jpg

843a55bc81e2809fd7403b37edd39dcb.jpg

69db0dc9d315d71ed748e482606de2dd.jpg

Wow this looks awesome!

That looks awesome. I really like the compact carry case too.

Just messing around with it right now and its pretty freaking cool. The panorama pictures are freaking crazy. Full 360 degrees, 180 degrees, etc. Just me walking with the video and its perfectly steady. Im darn impressed. Will mess around with it more tomorrow and post some stuff the first time I am at a course.

Ever get the mic situation figured out for lava mics?

Ever get the mic situation figured out for lava mics?

I think so. Three options.
1. Run it the same way we do now.
2. Run audio separate through new audio recorder (Zoom H4N)
3. Run a wireless dongle that attaches and handles 2 mics.

DJI Osmo

I think so. Three options.
1. Run it the same way we do now.
2. Run audio separate through new audio recorder (Zoom H4N)
3. Run a wireless dongle that attaches and handles 2 mics.

So if you run audio seperate you just have to sync it in post production?

So if you run audio see rate you just have to sync it in post production?

Correct. Which shouldnt be too difficult.
The beauty of this is it can be used for a secondary camera as well if needed.
The Zoom will be great to expand podcast offerings.

JB, thanks for this thread. I hadn't heard of the Osmo until I saw your post. I've been debating whether to get a DSLR or some sort of camcorder to document our adventures and future family. I love the idea of the Osmo for making watchable home videos. Do you think it will perform well in that capacity (I know you just got it yesterday)?

I guess in short, I'm excited to see you put it to work and to read your input!

JB, thanks for this thread. I hadn't heard of the Osmo until I saw your post. I've been debating whether to get a DSLR or some sort of camcorder to document our adventures and future family. I love the idea of the Osmo for making watchable home videos. Do you think it will perform well in that capacity (I know you just got it yesterday)?

I guess in short, I'm excited to see you put it to work and to read your input!

Honestly? Maybe. Sound could be an issue.

Going to be messing around with this one this weekend I have a feeling.

Going to be messing around with this one this weekend I have a feeling.

Have you had a chance to play with it all?

The basics, yes.

Excellent! I can never help myself when I get a new toy. Have play with it for a bit right away.

I'm looking forward to your thoughts on this once you get some more time with it.

Honestly? Maybe. Sound could be an issue.

That's what I figured. Seems like the microphone kits work pretty well for it. Definite ponder engaged and will be eagerly following your thoughts on it. (Even showed the wife with a hint hint wink wink involved, haha)

Did a test today having GG balance it on the window of the car as we drove 45 mph down a pretty bumpy road. You could see the camera bouncing and the video is perfectly still. Pretty blown away by it.

Back