Budget friendly wedges

pumbaa

Need more golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My ATV's have reached their limit. I never really liked them but for the deal I got I couldn't pass them up. What are some wedges that aren't $120+ each? Are the lower Cleveland wedges any good? How are the Tour Edge lower lines? There aren't too many places outside of Dick's and 1 Golf Galaxy in Charlotte that I know of to try them out.

My ATV's have reached their limit. I never really liked them but for the deal I got I couldn't pass them up. What are some wedges that aren't $120+ each? Are the lower Cleveland wedges any good? How are the Tour Edge lower lines? There aren't too many places outside of Dick's and 1 Golf Galaxy in Charlotte that I know of to try them out.
CPO has been selling "like new" MD4s for like $70. I picked up a set in black and two were brand new. The 54 had been used indoors for demo, but thats it. Great deal there.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I know you say not 120 each, but do you have a budget in mind?

Mizuno makes a good wedge. You can get the T7 models for less than $90.00.

I got the S5 model for 70 each last year and they work great for me.

Huge fan of the cleveland RTX 3's which are now down to about $60-$80 a wedge (maple hill has the cavity back on sale for $60).

Remember being a Albatross member you get 15% off at Budget Golf.

Arr you looking at new or used?

If used you can get Ping Glide 2 wedges on Ebay for that price. I've always been a Callaway MD fan but tried the ping last year on a whim and absolutely love it. First time I've felt comfortable full swinging a standard wedge, without fear of chunking or sculling it.

Budget Golf has some great deals and we have a discount code there as well. It’s on the home page. I’d look there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Arr you looking at new or used?

If used you can get Ping Glide 2 wedges on Ebay for that price. I've always been a Callaway MD fan but tried the ping last year on a whim and absolutely love it. First time I've felt comfortable full swinging a standard wedge, without fear of chunking or sculling it.

That is how I feel currently, Thanks for the heads up. Never used a Ping wedge ever.

Seems like the Cleveland RTX-3 are getting a lot of love. I will see if I can find some locally to try out. I never have felt confident with the ATV and never looked right at address for me. I will check out the RTX-3.

Little background on my...I played the original ATV and the Tour Preferred ATV wedges, each for about a season. I thought the first version was great out of the bunkers, but needed some refinement, which they got, thank god. I've also played RTX 2.0 and RTX3(both CB and MB). RTX3 was one of my favorite wedges ever, even when I throw them in the bag now and then, it's like we were meant to be together. The sole is really good on them and the makes them very playable from a large variety of lies. Might not feel the softest, but I wouldn't say they are harsh at all.

Tour Edge Super Spin wedges are reasonably priced and absolutely perform.

Little background on my...I played the original ATV and the Tour Preferred ATV wedges, each for about a season. I thought the first version was great out of the bunkers, but needed some refinement, which they got, thank god. I've also played RTX 2.0 and RTX3(both CB and MB). RTX3 was one of my favorite wedges ever, even when I throw them in the bag now and then, it's like we were meant to be together. The sole is really good on them and the makes them very playable from a large variety of lies. Might not feel the softest, but I wouldn't say they are harsh at all.

Out of the bunker I feel fine with them. 100 yards out with my 58 or 54 degree and I have no confidence or around the green with the 58 I always feel like I am going to thin it. I am not sure if it is the way they sit at address, the look, or what I just never have felt comfortable with them.

GolfEtail has a Bridgestone J15 wedge for $50. Only a 52 degree though.

Rockbottom has a few

Mizuno T7 Blue Ion(56 degree SW) for $65

Wilson Staff- FG Tour PMP Oil Can $65

I think you can also get the RTX 3.0 nows under 70$. Can’t really go wrong with that.

I think you can also get the RTX 3.0 nows under 70$. Can’t really go wrong with that.

Yeah I found the RTX 3.0 CB for 69.99 minus 15 percent with the THP coupon code at Budget Golf. I am going to try and get over to a Dick's or Golf Galaxy to hit them to see. I am not going to buy wedges blind again.

Hogan Equalizers. $100 each ($105 for black finish) and well worth every penny.

Got to actually swing one yesterday. Guy from work won 2 off a podcast. Hit it fairly well and felt great with the forged club.

I really like my Maltby wedges, but I'm considering these now that I have a set of PTx Pro irons headed my way. I definitely need to update the lofts I'm using, so I'll need to replace my current Maltby's anyway.

+1 here. I have Titleist Vokey SM7's collecting dust in favor of the Equalizers.

I really like my Maltby wedges, but I'm considering these now that I have a set of PTx Pro irons headed my way. I definitely need to update the lofts I'm using, so I'll need to replace my current Maltby's anyway.
And I am insanely jealous of you! Lol. I will also get a set sooner than later and will also grab the 54 and 58 degree Equalizers in black.

Yeah I found the RTX 3.0 CB for 69.99 minus 15 percent with the THP coupon code at Budget Golf. I am going to try and get over to a Dick's or Golf Galaxy to hit them to see. I am not going to buy wedges blind again.

Smart move. I loved the RTX-3s too, just not in my LW. I like to open up the face quite a bit with the LW, and I found the RTX-3 just didn't quite have enough heel relief for me. I switched to an MD4 in c grind for that reason.

Back