Recent Big Bertha Irons

LONGBALL777

Reaction score
Handicap
I am contemplating getting another iron set. Pretty much narrowed it down to the Big Bertha OS, or the 2014-2015 Big Bertha. I am 65 years old and noticing a reduction in both height and distance of my iron shots. Does anyone know how draw biased these are/ My usual miss is a hook, so I don't want to make it worse. Wood going to a stiffer shaft than my normal alleviate this somewhat? Thanks in advance for your help.

Can't speak to the others but the Big Bertha OS were pretty good irons. I would go graphite shafts, easier on your body, plus tend to help get the ball up in the air from my limited experience. I had an issue with a left miss that could be a left hook for a short time. For me, it was not turning through the swing so my hands were just so far ahead they would take over and release the club and it had no choice but to go left. I would also suggest getting your lie angle checked on your irons because if they are too upright for your swing then that can cause the heel to dig at impact and flip the face shut causing a left miss as well. Just my 2 cents worth but take it for what it is. Professional fitting would be a good idea even when shopping for used clubs.

Back