adidas Ultimate Shorts - THP Review

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
A little bit of confusion leads to a lot of excitement... Sometimes! I've got the adidas Ultimate Shorts in for review, and they are really quite something between material and profile. I've got a handful of adidas shorts from previous years, and I loved the simple material they used that sat light and breathed well during the warmer months. It seems they've taken that design and added some genuinely beneficial elements that will support an athletic move at the ball in even the warmest climates.

For this particular review, I have in hand the pink ultimate solid, and the Vista Grey/Black Ultimate Dot Plaid.

From adidas

When it comes to performance apparel, full comfort and mobility are essential. The adidas ultimate short gives you both, along with a water-resistant finish, stretch waistband, and moisture-wicking fabric. Plus, the snag-free micromesh pocket bags allow for superior airflow and breathability, even when conditions are too hot for your competitors to handle.

• Stretch waistband for mobility and comfort
  • Silicone 'adidas' printed gripper to keep shirts tucked in
  • Moisture-wicking stretch fabrication for range of motion
  • Water resistant finish for easy care and durability
  • Snag-free micromesh pocket bags for airflow and breathability
  • 10" inseam

In Hand Photos

0325161143-XL.jpg

0325161143a-XL.jpg

0325161143b-XL.jpg

0325161143c-XL.jpg

0325161144a-XL.jpg

0325161144-XL.jpg

0325161144b-XL.jpg

0325161145-XL.jpg

0325161145c-XL.jpg

0325161146a-XL.jpg

0325161145b-XL.jpg

0325161146-XL.jpg

A couple of really early thoughts:

1 - They have a TON of options in the ultimate shorts. Five dot plaid, five ultimate airflow, ten ultimate solid, five ultimate competition plaid, four ultimate chino, and three ultimate heather.
2 - I want pretty much all of them

- The waist band is a very practical stretch material that includes a gripping agent in the adidas print that will undoubtedly maintain a tuck.
- I do wonder about pocket integrity over time with the mesh style material, but it seems to be of decent quality and the depth isn't too bad.
- The overall material is really free flowing, but not in a bad 'silky' way.

Would you say your knees are free?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I generally like adidas apparel, so I'm sure I'll at least give these a look in person once the weather around here warms up.

I'm interested in hearing more about the pocket depth!

A couple of really early thoughts:

1 - They have a TON of options in the ultimate shorts. Five dot plaid, five ultimate airflow, ten ultimate solid, five ultimate competition plaid, four ultimate chino, and three ultimate heather.
2 - I want pretty much all of them

- The waist band is a very practical stretch material that includes a gripping agent in the adidas print that will undoubtedly maintain a tuck.
- I do wonder about pocket integrity over time with the mesh style material, but it seems to be of decent quality and the depth isn't too bad.
- The overall material is really free flowing, but not in a bad 'silky' way.

i'm interested in the feel of the stretchy waistband. i hang my head in shame admitting to buying those "hidden belt" pants that gave a little bit for wider guys not yet willing to bump up a waist size when shopping. i got rid of them pretty quickly because they never felt securely on; they always felt like they were going to fall off because of the give in the waist. what does the stretchy waist of these shorts feel like?

Man seeing I will have to transform into a shorts wearing guy in the new future it's great seeing I have options. Those pink shorts just pop!!!

They LOOK good, though I'm not a huge of pink personally, but with the right shirt I'm sure it could work. Looking forward to hearing more.

I like that pink! Is rock it in a heartbeat. How stretching is the material? Have some give to it?

Both pair look really good

Come on, you know the pics we really want.

Show some skin ya prude.

Show some skin ya prude.

It's probably not going to happen, however I found the images on adidas to actually under sell the total length of the Ultimate.... Maybe I just need to pull my shorts up a bit.

http://adidasgolf.com/adidasGolf-men-ultimate/

I'm closer to the cap or mid cap when wearing these, with them running up the leg a bit when sitting. It's a solid fit.

Interested in hearing more about these, have been planning on wearing lighter pants more this season, but if I find some solid shorts I will rock them.

Love the print and the colors, looks great!

Love that pink!! These are on my radar

Really interested in these! About 80% of my golf shorts are Adidas, love them and if they found a way to improve on them I am in! Love the looks of the Pink pair. Cant wait to hear what you think of them.

I've always enjoyed Adidas golf pants. These look pretty solid. I'm a fan of the lighter material.

pink shorts are nice. looking forward to your thoughts as i may need to grab a pair or two

Show some skin ya prude.
Would definitely help to get this thread trending. :D
It's probably not going to happen, however I found the images on adidas to actually under sell the total length of the Ultimate.... Maybe I just need to pull my shorts up a bit.

http://adidasgolf.com/adidasGolf-men-ultimate/

I'm closer to the cap or mid cap when wearing these, with them running up the leg a bit when sitting. It's a solid fit.
I can live with around the kneecap. Several inches above, ala hiking shorts, just isn't a good look for most males over 50. To be fair, my Adidas running shorts from my track & field days probably wasn't the best look either.

Paging Jimmy90210.....reckon those pink shorts are right up his street :alien:

Having said that, I actually quite like the look of them as well but have nothing that would go with them

These look really good! I think I need to try on a pair to see the length before I jump on these.

I really like the look of these and the light breathable material sounds like it would be good for summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really cool stuff and those pink ones look sweet. I'm definitely going to be trying these out.

I think the pink looks fantastic.

I hope to find a pair of these locally to try on, as I like everything I read about them.

They look great, just a little pricey!

Back