2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

Team THP - 2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

Team THP - 2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

There really isn't a core. There are people that met at THP EVents and those numbers are in the thousands not hundreds.

There are also people I have never met that are crazy active and through the game we all love enjoy themselves the same. A perception of a core is more a perception than reality. Activity level and golf conversation does the same

Yes some people use real names when responding (I am not a fan) but that has less to do with THP or THP events and more to do with local get togethers. I will say we started THP for a lot of reasons but they do not stand for exclusion.

Just a heads up, the hashtag is #TheGrandaddy.

FWIW....I had this very very very wrong misperception when I joined. Once I became more active and tried branching out as suggested by other THPers, I realized my misperception was dead wrong. That's not to say there aren't a few little local cliques but even those are open for involvement if people put themselves out there. That may be the hardest part. For me, the last 2 months have been much more enjoyable than my first few as I didn't know much or how to navigate my way around. Now? People love me

If I haven't expressed it in the past, thank you for creating this pretty damn cool space for me to have an outlet to engage in all things golf and with fellow golfers more than I even thought was imaginable. I truly enjoy it now that I know what I'm doing.

#TheGrandaddy

JRod the 10?! The way the last couple Grandaddy live threads have read, I thought he was scratch.

We've got work to do, Drew.

Oh it's that zoocrew math

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phew, I missed a bunch of updates since I last checked this thread yesterday afternoon.

This thread is all over the place, but the one thing everyone agrees on is that The Grandaddy is going to be amazing.

I continue to practice and play week after week, while I've always practiced a lot and have taken lessons, having something to truly look forward to makes every last range session worth it.

Looking forward to meeting fellow THPers and the Zoo Crew Team. I've read the prior threads multiple times and words just can't describe how excited I am. Best of luck for future entrants and can't wait for some more updates.

JRod the 10?! The way the last couple Grandaddy live threads have read, I thought he was scratch.

We've got work to do, Drew.

All about keeping an accurate handicap, however, I'm not sure I can play lights out like Jrod while sweating scott n vodka...that's for sure. All about being positive and enjoying the moments!

#TheGranddaddy sounds amazing. Anybody would love to be a part of it....including ME!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yikes. Missed a bit in here. Haha.

Soooo.....the hideaway is a decent course I hear.....ohh and I also know how awesome Callaway lays this thing out with THP. I play almost exclusively play Titleist equipment and really look forward to an opportunity to compare and be won over by another respectable manufacturer who makes equally great gear. #TheGrandaddy

Guess I should have replied to JB on my "ditto" comment. Didn't even realize he asked me a question. Whoops. Yes I am a Titleist honk but that will never preclude me from being win over by another manufacturer (which I'm open to) and genuinely enjoying the time spent with THPers. Sounds like a win / win incredible opportunity.

Caught up on the action from the last few days. Wow! I like what I'm reading. It's time to win one of these things. And I'll say this, every guy I've talked to that has been in one raves about everything. ...but you can see, at least I can see, that there is some hurt and sting still there due to the loss.

I'd love to be in this event. I've loved it from the very beginning. Not sure my where my game will be. It's certainly not good right now and well below the standard I set for myself. Work is a freaking killer right now, and life at home is a struggle too. I've played a lot less golf this year because of it and when I do find time on the course I can't keep my mind on it due to all the other stuff going on. I've got to decide if I'll enter the contests. I certainty want to be on team THP but I want my game to be good enough to help win that belt! I'll certainly be following along with the contests and the event itself. Great THP people just being wowed by a great OEM is so entertaining to me! Nothing like this event any freaking where! It is the #Grandaddy

It is a handicapped event. As long as you can play to your handicap (which if you are honest with your scores there should be no issue there), you are good enough. Losing certainly stings and is motivation enough to want to go back. The entire trip is first class and basically paradise. Who wouldn't want to have that chance again is beyond me.

Wow, miss a few hours and now wishing I had taken that Evelyn Wood speed reading class so I could catch up. Some interesting discussion, and to me further proof of why this is such a great forum. For the most part even people that disagree are not disagreeable.

Being in #TheGrandaddy would be epic. Getting to be part of #TheGauntlet coming up I am gaining more and more appreciation for what being a part of this community is really all about. And I really do think you get back multiples of what you put in. Doesn't mean you always get in every event or get something from a contest. It is deeper than that. Like a lot of things if you have to explain it you cannot explain it to someone.

Now, we got a streak to end. And we are all behind the lucky few that get to be the representatives! Hopefully I will be one of them!

His strengths
Handicap Number
Incredible Guy
Make You Laugh & Cry

His Weakness
Fishing
Wine
Does not have many
Put me in, Cap! Ill throw more fishing talk at him than he can handle. Ill even pack a fishing rod and dangle it off the cart near the water hazards.

As far as #The Grandaddy goes, I came here for the same reasons that Capadan did (although I came in quite boastfully ). I needed a place to talk golf so that I wouldnt bombard the ex with conversation that she didnt care about.

Initially, I didnt think of it as more than just that, but over the years Ive found it to be exponentially more than that. Ive been fortunate enough to have participated in #TheGauntlet and experienced what the ZooCrew is all about, how much class they have and how they make these events truly about the golfer, about what amazingness WE get to experience through them. These are things that 99.9% of the population only can dream of, but they are at OUR fingertips because of THP and the people that are a part of it. They believe in us. They believe in what THP is about, and I am extremely proud to be a part of that. Who among us could not treat something as ridiculous (seriously, it is, but in a REALLY, REALLY good way) as #TheGrandaddy with all of the reverance and awe that an experience like this deserves? I can't. Thats for sure.

I have been fortunate to have made some fantastic friends through THP, people that would give you the shirt off their back and show kindness and care that gives this cynical jerk some real, genuine faith in humanity. I can't thank the THP community enough for that. THP has made me a better person and I can think of no better way to repay that than to represent THP in the best way I can, whether as an event participant or as a ferverant supporter.

THP, I got your back. ALWAYS.

Wow, this really beefed up over the past 2 days. Three quick notes: a) I want to earn a spot in this, and will do whatever is within my span of control to make that happen. b) Previous experience playing in a team event with (and against) #ZooCrew is still the best golf experience I've had. c) This is the year THP takes the belt, no excuses.

Man that was a lot of reading but worth it and eye opening. I've been around for every major team event THP has put on. And some things will never change.

Those that get in, 90%, have a life changing time. Not like getting married or having a child type of event. But a perspective change. I've always loved that because it's due great bones that create these events. Great people and superior companies

Increased post after a JB post. Filled with all types of post but the themes are generally very positive

'Everyone wants in or they don't have a pulse' post. This might not be some peoples radar. As Dan said, THP takes shape differently for different people. And that's what makes this a community (paraphrase)

People worried about post counts or cliques. My mom used to tell me to worry about me, not want the guy next to me is doing. Keep your head down and do your work! That had helped me in my adult life. It could hold true on THP. Stop worrying about what 'he' is doing and just do you. The rest will take care of itself.

Contest are going to start and a select few will get in. This is a special event. Embrace the process and do you, if you get the nod then you did you better than the other guy. If you don't, the world has not ended.

Winning can't be done through talk. You have to show up, put up and shut up. Get your games right now, not later. If you don't have game that travels, go start one. And a low hdcp doesn't win, a real hdcp and hard ass work will assist. Winning the match you're in will bring the belt home. Be true to yourselves on the course and it will pay in the end. No one cares if you're a 7hdcp if you play like a 14 when you leave your course. The time to ready is now not after your name is called.

For me I want to see a win. I want to text Dan and be filled with joy for him and the squad. Or maybe I'm giving him an embrace on the 18th. What ever is in store for me, I'll know I left it all on the floor because I did me! Now go do you and I promise you'll come out on the other side a better person.

Great post Panda!!!

Great post Freddie, definitely in the club that needs a better away game and will continue to work on it as hard as the old bones allow. At this point in my game it will be the short game that could bring me to the promised land. There is little hope the long game will ever get much better but hitting fairways is the start I am looking for then play smart on in and make some putts.

The Grandaddy is a epic Event that few will experience but all of us will enjoy, bringing home the Belt this time is so important to THP and I think in a different way it would make Callaway happy to see us go out there and take it. Beating them on their turf with custom fit clubs from them validates how awesome Callaway gear is to the average Golfer. I for one will continue to try to contribute to the threads when I feel I can make a small difference.

Bring it on #THPFTW

I will drop this here and then get flamed, but I am going to. The event has been a loss for Team THP for 3 straight years. Going in its all about redemption and coming out its all about it doesnt matter if you win or lose.

You know who says that? Teams that just lost.

Time to bring it. Test out the Callaway Gear (its ****ing good). Work on your game. Test out some more Callaway Gear. Get in the ****ing moment. I know Dan is going to be practicing. I know that he wants to win. Every year its we are going to bring the belt back. Followed by, it doesnt matter if you bring the belt back.

None of what I said above is true

So here I say, if the goal is winning, and your posts are usually filled with once a week stop in and bring the "We are taking the belt this year if you pick me" and then gone till Thursday (wait, todays Thursday) and then back again with lather, rinse and repeat, its going to be a tough go around. If you embrace the community as a whole, jump into the conversations, take in the THP Radio Shows, check out the THP TV channel and jump into the mix with Callaway Golf you could end up going on the trip of a lifetime. Just as I would venture to guess that half the people saying they want in, have not noticed we have two other events featuring THP and Callaway Golf and I can guaran ****ing tee that if I wanted in the Grandaddy of em All, I would be paying attention to those as well, even from the outside looking in.

THP is done with the one and dones for the Grandaddy....This year the program continues with #ChangeTheGame.
Team THP will be made up of Mutha Effin THPers. Not forum members. But ****ing THPers.
If you have not realized the difference yet, do some digging on THIS forum. :D

Finally catching up on THP and this thread in general after a stressful couple a days, and I can't be more thrilled to see people that make it will be community members and it people who post when they fee like it, I need to get more involved with the radio show but this forum is amazing in itself

I think people would be amazed at how quickly they feel a part of the "clique" once they start posting actively. Names and avatars are remembered. Conversations and friendships are made because of that -- It's pretty basic human nature to lean towards what/who you know.

That said, the "Clique" is the entire active community, and everyone is welcome to join in. The Grandaddy would be a great reward, but it's pretty damn rewarding even without a bid.

I think people would be amazed at how quickly they feel a part of the "clique" once they start posting actively. Names and avatars are remembered. Conversations and friendships are made because of that -- It's pretty basic human nature to lean towards what/who you know.

That said, the "Clique" is the entire active community, and everyone is welcome to join in. The Grandaddy would be a great reward, but it's pretty damn rewarding even without a bid.

Oh absolutely, I haven't been apart of an "official" event yet but I still feel apart of the "clique" whether I get in the granddaddy or not it will be amazing to watch and read about

I love this attitude! Callaway makes great golf equipment, and as a sponsor of the #TheGranddaddy, they are awesome. That's all great. But beating zoocrew is right in the crosshairs. As a competitive goal-oriented person, I am immovably in this whether I am there or supporting virtually. Enough talk. Bring on the events!

Tadashi with the Truth!! Really good words of wisdom there Freddie.

Many greats posts by men of big hearts and of what dreams can be made of. Color me green with THP

Many greats posts by men of big hearts and of what dreams can be made of. Color me green with THP

I bleed green and white.

Based on the greatness/support/appreciation from THPers I experienced during the February Shaft Spectacular, I can only imagine how overwhelmingly motivating it would be to have that same thing on a bigger level before, during and after for #TheGrandaddy if I were fortunate enough to be selected. Feeling the love just thinking about it....you can't take getting in for granted but you can take it for granted that you'll get a bunch of THPers rooting you on to victory and thankful for every morsel of coverage that you provide. And that is awesome.

Back