Kevlar10

Reaction score
Handicap
My friends and I are heading down to NC and are playing a few rounds in the Pinehurst area. We have been offered a chance to play CC of NC. How does CCNC compare with the other courses in the area? We are playing Mid Pines and one or two courses at the resort, and would like to know how the Magnolia or Dogwood courses there compare with #4 or #8. Is it as good or better than them? Are either worth skipping one or the other at the resort?

@AUWU11 is probably the best person to ask

My friends and I are heading down to NC and are playing a few rounds in the Pinehurst area. We have been offered a chance to play CC of NC. How does CCNC compare with the other courses in the area? We are playing Mid Pines and one or two courses at the resort, and would like to know how the Magnolia or Dogwood courses there compare with #4 or #8. Is it as good or better than them? Are either worth skipping one or the other at the resort?

Never played Magnolia, but I've played Dogwood previously, and it's a wonderful course. Don't hold me to it, but I want to say it was recently #13 in some publication or website's top courses in NC. Definitely recommend it.
I would absolutely not skip the resort courses, especially if they are #4 and #8. #4 just had the remodel and I've heard nothing but good things (haven't played since before the redesign). But to play one of those five main clubhouse courses is something you can't and shouldn't pass up. It's truly a unique experience. I was just out there playing #1, 7, and 9, and played #5, 6, and 8 the year before. #8 is one of my personal favorites anywhere. Such a unique blend of different aspects, landscapes, etc. It's a challenge, but it's truly a "fun" challenge, not like some where you're just beat down after the round.

Back