What's your favorite Major and Why?

The Masters for me. The course, the invites, the members, TV coverage, tradition and what seem to be the most respectful galleries in golf (in the US).

The US open has tuned into more of a showcase for the USGA and how far they can take a course before killing it. It used to be thick lush rough with fast greens and tucked pins. The occasional out of control green. Now it's just about the course and not the actual event.

I gotta go with the US Open. The test it provides for the best players is just too much fun watch.

I like the Masters, the course is always fantastic during tournament week......however, for me it has to be The Open. Great courses, great history and thanks to the "lovely" british weather, a challenge like no other.
Its just a huge shame there will be no more Peter Aliss comentary at this years Open now Sky have monopolised golf.

If he's doing Augusta for one last time this year then the 2 dayslive coverage on the BBC will make me happy. Ive already told the missus she cant go into labour until Monday at the earliest :smile-big:

Masters hands down, love the fact that I've gotten to "learn" the course since it's the same year after year. Makes it a much more "personal" experience for me.

Masters hands down, love the fact that I've gotten to "learn" the course since it's the same year after year. Makes it a much more "personal" experience for me.

This exactly for me

I think it would have to be the Masters and U.S. Open in a tie. Love the traditions of the Masters and the toughness of the Open. Both tournaments you have to play 72 holes of great golf to get the hardware.

The Masters by a long shot. Amazing course, the tradition etc. love the tv coverage with limited commercials etc. Second would be the open at St. Andrews but that's every 5 years or so.

The Masters because of the quality and consistency of the course. I love the year to year relevance of being able to compare tournaments or shots on certain holes. It doesn't hurt that it is the one venue I have been to and love dearly either. Being first in the rotation also probably keeps it up there as I anticipate it much longer than any of the others.

The Masters no question. It's the major that got me hooked as a kid and one that still hold that "mystique" for me. I love everything about the tournament

The Masters .

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My favorite major is The Open. It's where the game of golf originated and I love the courses and links style golf.

Masters for me...it is the first major of the year and for me, as a CPA, signifies being near the end of my busy season. I love the traditions, the green jacket, the azaleas....just something about it to me.

The Masters for me. The course, the invites, the members, TV coverage, tradition and what seem to be the most respectful galleries in golf (in the US).

The US open has tuned into more of a showcase for the USGA and how far they can take a course before killing it. It used to be thick lush rough with fast greens and tucked pins. The occasional out of control green. Now it's just about the course and not the actual event.

I feel the same way.

After having the privilege of attending a Wednesday practice round and the Par 3 competition in person, it would take something miraculous for me to answer with anything other than The Masters.

On average Masters is consistently my favorite. Tradition and same course year after year give it the nudge. I love both of the Opens but how much I love those -- not whether I love those -- can depend on the courses and chemistry of place.

By far the Masters. The tradition is so cool and I love that's it's played at the same venue every year and the results can be so different. Plus it's one of the most beautiful courses in the world.

Masters

The Masters, it's not even close. It's the only golf Tournament that people I know, some who don't even play golf, want to watch just to see the course and how it ends.

Masters, and its not close. It makes for the best tv, it's on hallowed ground, the tradition is like no other, their is no one yelling stupid things. It just gets me excited every year.

Augusta is beautiful and such a tradition but something about the US Open has the edge. I don't know why but I find more enjoyment watching those guys look human on a golf course.

US Open, for the simple fact there's way better TV coverage. To me CBS just fails at getting me coverage of the entire tournament.

The Masters for me...the green jacket, Amen Corner, Magnolia Lane, "The Chip"

The U.S. Open and the Masters are pretty much a coin flip for me, but having to make a choice, I must go with the U.S. Open. It is our national championship, while the Masters is an invitational event. When a foreign player wins the Masters, I pay no attention, it doesn't bother me in the least. However, when a foreign player is our national champion, while I have no hostility toward that player, I never the less would like our national champion to be an American. So I pull much harder for the American participants. For example, if Spieth, Day and McIlroy are fighting it our for the Masters, I will enjoy the competition. However, in the U.S. Open, I would be pushing for Spieth because he is an American.

The U.S. Open edges out the Masters for me. I like the level of dignity, that the Masters delivers so well. The U.S. Open though seems to be the underdog type of Major I look forward to watching.

The Open. It's got the history and tradition just the Masters, but I like that it rotates courses. I also grew up watching golf with my English grandparents, so it always kind of reminds me of them while watching it.

Sure am going to miss Ivor Robson saying "Tom Watson" on the first tee though.

Back