Think you'd game a Epic Flash Mini-Driver with Jailbreak and AI Face Technology?

Iceman!

THPer formerly known as "markm778"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just another "Fodder" Thread. (I have no information beyond my Ponder)

If I have to be honest with myself, I'd probably be better off with a Driver, Mini and a Heavenwood at the top of my bag.
With Taylormade's Re-Introduction of the Mini Driver, I thought to myself, how cool would it be if Callaway came Re-Introduced their Mini Driver and not in the Bertha Line but in the Epic Flash Line?

Imagine the ball speed available in a Mini Driver with Jailbreak and an AI designed Face?

I think I'd game one if one was available or at least pick one up to have if not for now for a later day when I play from the Senior Tees.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Never even hit a mini driver to be honest

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sure. I gamed it, and still do sometimes, in the Bertha line. Would need to be at least 14* (or have the availability to loft up to that number) so it could be an option off the deck also.

Not likely something that would stay in my bag but I’d sure love to hit it a few times.

no chance. my launch and spin are too low, i don’t think this would be good for me at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No. But I would cut down a Callaway Epic Flash and make it a shorter driver for a 2nd spot in the bag.
More forgiveness, but in a shorter awesome 2nd slot.

I probably should since my driver is either a knuckle ball low line drive that has no distance, but skips well over water or a high ballooning slice.

No. But I would cut down a Callaway Epic Flash and make it a shorter driver for a 2nd spot in the bag.
More forgiveness, but in a shorter awesome 2nd slot.

I saw that thread, looks pretty awesome.

Hell yes I would.

Mini’s are vastly superior to 2nd drivers for me.

Since I use 3 wood primarily off the tee I would give one a try. It would be a pretty fun comparison since I've used a 3 wood for so long.

Very happy with my bag set up now, but if I saw it on display I might take a few swings just to see what the results are out of curiosity.

Nope zero interest in the mini drivers

Honestly, I like mini drivers and have gamed them successfully in the past. So whether it has jailbreak or flash face, or whatever else you want in them, I'd consider it a go.

Yes I’d absolutely game one. My 3w is mostly off the tee so it seems like an easy choice.

Are we allowed to call these 2 woods?

I'll allow it.

Your generosity truly knows no bounds, sir Dean

I would buy one if it were called a 2 wood. Question - what is the last club manufactured that was called a 2 wood?

Your generosity truly knows no bounds, sir Dean

I would buy one if it were called a 2 wood. Question - what is the last club manufactured that was called a 2 wood?

My guess would be the Cobra Long Tom 2 wood.

No, not for me, I’d happily stick with my standard size SZ

In a heartbeat. If it was longer carry than my current 3+ EF and just as controllable then without a doubt I’d game asap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My guess would be the Cobra Long Tom 2 wood.

Excellent.

Also, dang those are nearly as much as the new TM on eBay

Absolutely as I use my 3 wood off the tee and only put it in the bag for specific courses.

Question marks would be price (driver cost = pass for a part-time club) and distance / accuracy as my 3 wood provides a soft draw and great distance.

Never tried one, but I'd give it a shot. My 3W is a tee only club anyways. My swing is probably best suited for having only a Heavenwood as a fairway too, but I'm going to give a 5W a couple months to change my mind.

I'd pass on it for the full size alternative in a shorter shaft if I was going that route.

Myself? No. I prefer bigger footprint drivers, and I have a deep face 3 I can throw in the bag if I'm feeling gun shy on my standard driver

Back