Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
5w. X2, XR something with a somewhat deep face

Damn it you know me too well :)
Can I blame Kang and Ron when I start pondering again.

OK i cant lie, because of those 2 jokers I have pondering Betti putters

At least in March?

Damn it you know me too well :)
Can I blame Kang and Ron when I start pondering again.

OK i cant lie, because of those 2 jokers I have pondering Betti putters

So, "nothing this time" was two minutes long.

You're definitely interacting with kang too much hahahaha

my #WPF is down to J15, MD3, cobra tour trusty and the PMP for my 54 degree wedge spot. Think the next set I buy will come with a set Gap wedge.

What are you pondering, champ?

D200, G30, Tight Lies Ti, XR16 Pro are currently in-hand. Pondering adding a Cobra option (FlyZ+ was really easy to elevate last year, and the LTD has my interest as well). Also, the tweaks to the G series (specifically the lower leading edge) have my interest, and the shallower face on the XR16 is inviting.

It will be primarily a tee-club option, but I still want it to be versatile, and get good elevation off the deck... I'd like to be more aggressive this year, when situations allow for it.

D200, G30, Tight Lies Ti, XR16 Pro are currently in-hand. Pondering adding a Cobra option (FlyZ+ was really easy to elevate last year, and the LTD has my interest as well). Also, the tweaks to the G series (specifically the lower leading edge) have my interest, and the shallower face on the XR16 is inviting.

It will be primarily a tee-club option, but I still want it to be versatile, and get good elevation off the deck... I'd like to be more aggressive this year, when situations allow for it.

If it's primarily for the tee, why not go into the 2/3w area? Some of the deeps, the G Stretch, or even the EX9 long? Of the three, the stretch will definitely give you a bit more versatility, but that added face depth is always a nice confidence booster with the ball elevated on a tee.

Adaptor shopping for one of these:
DSC_7592%20%282%29-S.jpg

Now I just need to figure out what tip size it is for the adaptor....

Adaptor shopping for one of these:
DSC_7592%20%282%29-S.jpg

Now I just need to figure out what tip size it is for the adaptor....

All of their elements shafts are .335 tip, but someone who already won one of these might be able to fully confirm.

pondering a new Odyssey putter. Think I know a guy or two that might have some for sale.

pondering a new Odyssey putter. Think I know a guy or two that might have some for sale.

You couldn't bring yourself to game Eleanor full time could you? LOL, I couldn't game mine either, just couldn't take the chance on putting battle wounds on it.

You couldn't bring yourself to game Eleanor full time could you? LOL, I couldn't game mine either, just couldn't take the chance on putting battle wounds on it.

Oh no she's is fully in the driver's seat. Heck I bought the Bridgestone's masters cover just for that putter. Kang and Toas both have certain putters that I've eyed ever since they got them. That custom one off will never be done again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no she's is fully in the driver's seat. Heck I bought the Bridgestone's masters cover just for that putter. Kang and Toas both have certain putters that I've eyed ever since they got them. That custom one off will never be done again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gotcha! Go for it, can you have too many putters?

Apex Pro 16's with PXi 6.0's. That combo sounds killer.

Pondering a Superstroke Pistol GT hard right now...problem is I have yet to see one in person and I need to feel the difference between the Tour, 1.0 and 2.0 before I pull the trigger. I keep switching between a 1.0 Flatso, 2.0 Flatso and Midslim 2.0.

Pondering a Superstroke Pistol GT hard right now...problem is I have yet to see one in person and I need to feel the difference between the Tour, 1.0 and 2.0 before I pull the trigger. I keep switching between a 1.0 Flatso, 2.0 Flatso and Midslim 2.0.

I just bought one yesterday at my PGA SS. Although the options that were there were the GT tour and then the 1.0. I didn't see a 2.0 I went with the 1.0 is it was slightly larger than the tour

I just bought one yesterday at my PGA SS. Although the options that were there were the GT tour and then the 1.0. I didn't see a 2.0 I went with the 1.0 is it was slightly larger than the tour
Do you have any idea how the 1.0 compares to the flatso 1.0 or 2.0?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Do you have any idea how the 1.0 compares to the flatso 1.0 or 2.0?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Well they're completely different profiles. The flatso is obviously a flatter profile hence the name, It's gonna feel wider in the hands than the pistol GT based on shape alone. But overall it will be more comparable to the Flatso 1.0

Last edited:
Ping TR1966. Anser and Anser II

All I can ever find in store are the old model Wilson Staff wedges, but they ain't #PMP enough for me!

Just order them from rock bottom golf. They are cheap, was thinking of doing the same

Cobra F6 Baffler.

I'm deciding on a 4 hybrid to possibly replace my 3 and 4 iron.

Wondering if i should got a XR or Big Bertha. Leaning more towards the Bertha due to thw lost adjustment.

If it's primarily for the tee, why not go into the 2/3w area? Some of the deeps, the G Stretch, or even the EX9 long? Of the three, the stretch will definitely give you a bit more versatility, but that added face depth is always a nice confidence booster with the ball elevated on a tee.

After some swings, today: G, G Stretch, King F6, D200, XR16 Pro

I know what I have in the D200, so it will stay in the rotation regardless. XR16 Pro will get another shot on the course, tomorrow (fair or unfair, I'm hoping this one works out, as I love the looks, but it has to perform). F6 was the surprise club - better contact than I had with the LTD. After hitting the G and G Stretch, G is getting the lean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back