2016 THP Club Clash - The Gold Standard In Club Testing Sponsored By Evolve Golf

Now that I have caught up with reading the thread, I am even more excited than I was yesterday, particularly since this is only three weeks away. Knowing how much JB raves about these two courses (amongst their other many accolades), I cannot wait to see these beauties in person.

The driver is probably my most inconsistent club and the one that really dictates what kind of round I will have more than any other. It is exciting to me to have the opportunity to hit these wide variety of offerings and just see what the raw numbers show. Even with the purpose being primarily for the generation of data (over personal fit), I know I will learn a ton and probably dispel some notions of what I think I know over those few days. I also love the fact that outside of my Great Big Bertha, I have hit zero balls anywhere with any of the other 2016 offerings as that will really let me swing away with an blank slate.

Reading Donne's post made me realize that apart from hitting the GBB on the range at Savannah Harbor last year, I have hit zero 2016 drivers.

That's both interesting and kind of sad. It will be interesting to see how the 2016 tech compares with my woefully old Bertha 815.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reading Donne's post made me realize that apart from hitting the GBB on the range at Savannah Harbor last year, I have hit zero 2016 drivers.

That's both interesting and kind of sad. It will be interesting to see how the 2016 tech compares with my woefully old Bertha 815.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Woefully old...hahaha

With my newly found interest in drivers, I went around PGA SS this afternoon and looked at and waggled about every driver I could find. So much variety out there in colors, shapes, adjustability mechanisms, weight profiles, etc. I can't wait to hit all these and see what really works and what just looks cool.

With my newly found interest in drivers, I went around PGA SS this afternoon and looked at and waggled about every driver I could find. So much variety out there in colors, shapes, adjustability mechanisms, weight profiles, etc. I can't wait to hit all these and see what really works and what just looks cool.

That is what will make following this so cool. So many great options out there that will allow people to narrow it down and still have options to suit all tastes.

I've taken the opposite approach. I've ignored driver releases. I'm going in blind, looking forward to seeing what clubs wow me.

I've taken the opposite approach. I've ignored driver releases. I'm going in blind, looking forward to seeing what clubs wow me.
Minus what I've gotten in for review, I've kind of done the same with this event in mind.

That is the very reason I didn't hit any of them...I won't have any clue what the performance will be like, and performance of most of my past drivers has proven that I have no idea what to be looking for based on what I think I know now. It will be fascinating to hit them all in that environment compared to a sketchy store simulator.

That is what will make following this so cool. So many great options out there that will allow people to narrow it down and still have options to suit all tastes.
And with the variety of players involved, it would have to be a really great representation of what these clubs can do for their intended (as well as unintended) markets. The sheer amount of data available from this event should be astounding. We will provide answers, and that is very cool.
I read the Golf mag club test to at least be familiar with what will be there, but since they make all of the drivers sound like the best thing ever, I dont feel influenced in any way.

Same here for the most part. I have only hit the m1 at demo day on day of release and f6 back in November I think.

I'm excited for this event to read all the reviews and numbers on the possible Fantasy Football prizes the winners are going to get.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I'm excited for this event to read all the reviews and numbers on the possible Fantasy Football prizes the winners are going to get.

Umm, what?

Many of the FF winners are getting their prizes after Club Clash.

Ah, gotcha.

I will admit, I haven't hit any of the new drivers. Was not even going to touch them until I started practicing again. I wanted to try and find my game again, then go get fit for a new driver later this year.
This will be way more fun and I'm excited to get the opportunity to hit all these drivers.

Yeah, I haven't hit any of the new crop of drivers either and doubt that will change between now and Club Clash.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It looks like I might see a few for the first time next weekend in Tampa.

Coming into this blind but also with zero preconceived ideas on which one would be the best fit. I will test them all and let the data lead me to the big dog promise land.

Really looking forward to the feedback on the JGR and F+

Bunch (perhaps every new release) of drivers, bunch of great dudes, bunch of great golf, bunch of forum updates... sounds like bunches of great time! Man this event can't get here soon enough!

Bunch (perhaps every new release) of drivers, bunch of great dudes, bunch of great golf, bunch of forum updates... sounds like bunches of great time! Man this event can't get here soon enough!

That's one of the great things...21 days and we will all be there.

You guys are going to have an awesome time. That facility looks amazing.

I've hit only a handful of 2016 releases. I'm excited to hit what's available for us, it's just gonna be tough to not start numbers chasing, especially if I'm hitting like garbage.

Back